Potential hit detection problems(video)

• Well I was playing the beta and noticed that a lot of my swings visually looked like they hit, but didn’t connect(I only play in first person). So I went to 3rd person and turned on tracers to test it out and it appears that for a good portion of my swings the tracers would phase right thru the person and a hit wouldn’t connect. I’m not sure if this is exclusive to the beta, but I definitely noticed it way more when playing the beta vs. the live game.

One interesting thing is, near the end when I was fighting against an opposing team, in contrast to me testing my tracer swings on my teammates, all the hits that looked like they should’ve connected, connected. So was the phenomenon happening in the beginning of the video a planned feature to minimize team damage, by having your swings phase thru your teammates? Also, seemed to happen more often with alt swings than normal.

[youtubehd:3tlze03s]FgswzFLPfaQ[/youtubehd:3tlze03s]

• I thought I was going mad.

I noticed this too. Attacks that were usually a long-shot but should have connected just didn’t seem to do anything. I thought at first it had something to do with weapon range and the facehug bubble, but it might have been this.

• Welp I tested it out more and all of my hits correctly registered when I tested it out in an online game with a bud of mine. Even when he was on the same team as me. So I guess it’s just bots? Unless you had a different experience during online matches?

• I don’t know. Maybe it’s because of the subtle weapon timing changes and whatnot meaning that people have just enough time to get out of range while before they couldn’t.

• @NabsterHax:

I don’t know. Maybe it’s because of the subtle weapon timing changes and whatnot meaning that people have just enough time to get out of range while before they couldn’t.

Nonsense, the archer is not moving.

Basically that was the problem I reported here although it was much more consistent for me. If I had a bugged attack type, it phased every single time without exceptions.

• Hit detection problems are everywhere. I’ve had swords go straight through an enemy’s stomach and they’re perfectly fine. Stabs that have clipped into enemies and not registered etc. It’s long overdue a fix.