Can't attack while dodging? seriously

• so this is the next step in the cmw evolution?

not being able to attack while dodging? in the upcoming patch

seriously guys u really need to rethink your strategy, releasing a good game then turning it into the weakest game around isnt a good buisness model.

with every patch u nerf the game more and more, it really makes no sense at all.

when u 1st released it, it was great. but u have really made this game so fucking weak,delay infested and buged now thats its just pathetic.

i bet u havent nerfed the vanguards swords yet have u? thats probly the next patch right?

its funny that u seem to think that its fair that they run around and chop the midget down with 1 hit, but it takes u 3 to kill him playing as the midget, and now we cant even attack while dodging.
    are u kidding me torn banner ?

u guys are making a huge mistake with all these nerfs, y even make a game cool if u r just gonna turn it to shit with nerf after nerf, the buggy unfair flinch mechanic is enough bs to deal with but now this, comon what r u guys seriously smoking nover there?

im about to b done playing this game, as soon u will be having tickle fights with nothing but feathers at the rate u are nerfing the game down.

fyi - nerfs/making stuff weaker/no fun does not make the game better, quit listening to the fucking babies that play this and get owned and whine op. u are ruining it for the hardcore players that know how to play and might buy your 2nd game.

at the rate u are going, all the hardcore players will have left and u wont b selling shit to any1,
    do u really think any of us would buy a 2nd game from u after we sat and tried to stop u from ruining the 1st?
    do u?

it is clear u dnt give a shit about hardcore players or hardcore games, u want to cater to a bunch of whiny op crying kids that are just gna bury u in the long run, bcause u listened to them and turned what coulda been a great game into a fucking worthless nerfed down bug infested pos thats fun for about 2 weeks.

y do u think ppl play the big companies games for years?
    because they dnt release sumthing cool, build a bunch of stupid fucking delays into it, then turn it to shit with nerf after nerf after fucking nerf.

u guys are more worried about nerfing the game and turning it to sum weak pos full of op crying pussys then actually working on stuff that shoulda been released with the game,
    ie admins options that work, server comands that work etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

wake up please, jesus.
    i dont think it can be laid out any clearer for u, to see how u are fucking up!

• Reading through your english was a pain, Anyways, The dodging while attacking actually did need a nerf and deserved it, It was pretty much impossible to beat a good man at arms as any other class due to that (in duels), any moment you try to attack him, he dodges back then dodges forward and attacks you and your attack gets canceled, it was really actually impossible to counter, And do you actually know what dodge means? It means DODGE, as in dodge a hit, its not supposed to be used as an aggresive move, its supposed to be a defensive one.

• dude!
    any 1 will be hard to beat with anything if they are good, thats the price u pay for not being good and being a noob, u get owned by the ppl who are good, thats how every game works,
    and the answer is simple- play more and get better.no game should b easy when u start out
    and if u fall for the same move over and over u are just an idiot and shouldnt b playing anyway

and once again all this bs comes from the stupid flinch, if that dumb shit wasnt in the game none of the nerfs would of ever happened.

now u know, all the op whining ppl are just gna whine about u dodging their attack. how do u not see that

remove the stupid flinch unnerf the game and u might have sumthing worth playing/selling

• Warsaw, go home you’re drunk.

• I always wondered why you could attack during something called a “Dodge”. Dodging is usually a means to escape something, not to teleport you forward for an attack. I always thought it should be like this, just off the name alone. And balance.

• @Magnificent:

Warsaw, go home you’re drunk.

In continuation of this point…

Take it easy champ… why dont you stop talking a while. Maybe sit the next couple of plays out. ;)

• @WARSAW:

so this is the next step in the cmw evolution?

seriously guys u really need to rethink your strategy, releasing a good game then turning it into the weakest game around isnt a good buisness model.

with every patch u nerf the game more and more, it really makes no sense at all.

when u 1st released it, it was great. but u have really made this game so fucking weak,delay infested and buged now thats its just pathetic.

i bet u havent nerfed the vanguards swords yet have u? thats probly the next patch right?

its funny that u seem to think that its fair that they run around and chop the midget down with 1 hit, but it takes u 3 to kill him playing as the midget, and now we cant even attack while dodging.

u guys are making a huge mistake with all these nerfs, y even make a game cool if u r just gonna turn it to shit with nerf after nerf, the buggy unfair flinch mechanic is enough bs to deal with but now this, comon what r u guys seriously smoking nover there?

im about to b done playing this game, as soon u will be having tickle fights with nothing but feathers at the rate u are nerfing the game down.

fyi - nerfs/making stuff weaker/no fun does not make the game better, quit listening to the fucking babies that play this and get owned and whine op. u are ruining it for the hardcore players that know how to play and might buy your 2nd game.

at the rate u are going, all the hardcore players will have left and u wont b selling shit to any1,
    do u really think any of us would buy a 2nd game from u after we sat and tried to stop u from ruining the 1st?
    do u?

it is clear u dnt give a shit about hardcore players or hardcore games, u want to cater to a bunch of whiny op crying kids that are just gna bury u in the long run, bcause u listened to them and turned what coulda been a great game into a fucking worthless nerfed down bug infested pos thats fun for about 2 weeks.

because they dnt release sumthing cool, build a bunch of stupid fucking delays into it, then turn it to shit with nerf after nerf after fucking nerf.

u guys are more worried about nerfing the game and turning it to sum weak pos full of op crying pussys then actually working on stuff that shoulda been released with the game,
    ie admins options that work, server comands that work etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

wake up please, jesus.

I agree with Warsaw
    :)

• @ChuckingIt:

I always wondered why you could attack during something called a “Dodge”. Dodging is usually a means to escape something, not to teleport you forward for an attack. I always thought it should be like this, just off the name alone. And balance.

Name wise, just rename it to “Quick-step” if you’re so worried about definitions.

Balance wise its fine too. In most cases you don’t have to dodge forward. You give up your initiative at that point. However, if you do decide to dodge forward, you are gaining the initiative… but at a cost of 15 stamina. Especially when fighting other MAA, if you dodge forward first, most likely you will lose the stamina battle. Lose the stamina battle, you lose the fight.

Alternatively, dodge as a definition makes sense when factoring in side dodging. You are avoiding their attack, but now, for some reason your arms are so stiff you can’t move them? You can compare side-dodging to that stupid Troy movie thing that Achilles does. Most definitely doesn’t break the meaning of dodge.

Also, if they want to fix super-dodging and this is the band-aid way of fixing it. Just don’t allow dodge during windup, so that you have to dodge first before attacking (geniuses).

• @ChuckingIt:

I always wondered why you could attack during something called a “Dodge”. Dodging is usually a means to escape something, not to teleport you forward for an attack. I always thought it should be like this, just off the name alone. And balance.

Shouldn’t be able to Kick with the “Shove” button then either.

Also I’ve plonked a crapload of feedback on this in the Beta Feedback section. HEAVILY against removal of mechanics that give more combat options, and especially homogenising classes more, balls to that. MAA’s shouldn’t play like Knights, else what’s the point.

If there’s a problem with a mechanic, it should be tuned, not removed. They are taking steps to address this though I believe, with a partial solution. I still think a slight cooldown between sequential dodges, and a daze if hit while dodging, would do more than enough to balance it.

• Dodge is dodge. Not teleport to someone and take their head off when you get there.

• @BobT36:

Shouldn’t be able to Kick with the “Shove” button then either.

shove1 [shuhv] Show IPA verb, shoved, shov·ing, noun
    verb (used with object)
    to move along by force from behind; push.
    to push roughly or rudely; jostle.

Never said with hands bobby boy!

• I am with the side for removal. I see it as a defensive feature that was exploited into an aggressive one. But I would be fine with either a decent increase in stamina cost or increased cool downs of some sort on that dodge.

• Removing skill from a game is a silly and cheap move. You do it only because you don’t know how to deal with it.

Dodge might need balancing but removing its synergy with attack is not a nerf, it’s taking out part of the game. Changing core mechanic behind MaA fighting style. Dodge attack is working only on unsuspecting targets or low to medium skill players. The better ones ALWAYS punish me if I am not careful (so it can and IS countered already).

I understand that Torn Banner might had different use for dodge in mind. But when you look at it now and you see all those competitive players doing amazing stuff with tools that you gave them. Why butchering it and simplifying stuff . Why not cater to those skills and ways to use game mechanics. Why not EXPAND on it the way some other companies did (EVE online). It will create deeper more diverse combat experience.

Just imagine field full of fast and agile, glass-cannon MaA, deadly Vanguard Nukers, almost unbeatable but slow Knights and coward and elusive archers one hitting you from behind cover. :)

• MeravGsnY7E

This was the dodge before their remove the attack, now it is actually dodging

• I dont even think dodge should be in the game, much less the ability to attack during it!

Be happy you can still teleport.

• @EricFong:

MeravGsnY7E

This was the dodge before their remove the attack, now it is actually dodging

Lol reminds me of noob saibot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lniLPHJiyQ0

• @WARSAW:

so this is the next step in the cmw evolution?

do u?

wake up please, jesus.

hmm. calls others cry babies. interesting.

• Curious to know what FPS people who describe dodge as a teleport are playing with.

Certainly at 60 it is extremely easy to see the full dodge.

I guess if you’re at, idk, 1 frame per second you might not see it coming…

• The king is tired. Give him something to help him sleep.

And it’s a good nerf. The major problem is that you can’t see whatever they’re doing while they dodge - they could be winding up an attack (and if so, which one?) or they could be doing nothing. You pretty much have to parry in case they are charging an attack. Which means if they aren’t, you parry nothing and get hit afterwards.

• Good, no more face-hugging MAA anymore. People are abusing that class so much by just dodging and insta-attacking as they do it.