Really need help with servers

• I know there are several threads for this exact issue, but I really need some serious, easy to understand help. I’ve had this wonderful game (I truly enjoy it) for a while, and I’ve played many hours on it. Now suddenly whenever I try to go online, it won’t show any servers. I get to stare at a blank, black screen. I’ve no idea what to do, and despite looking through several threads I cannot seem to understand half of what everyone is saying. I need some really dumbed-down support to figure out whats going on. v.v

Anyone willing to spend some time helping me step by step?

• I just got a steam blip. Simplest option. Reboot your PC.

Though I just terminated the steam process through task manager.

• To be entirely honest this isn’t MY PC, it’s a shared computer. I’m hoping that there are other options I can try before going that far.

• Im happy to help with my time until you are back on servers killing people :)

Can you think of anything happening just before this spontaneous issue started?

I know you didn’t want to resort to third-party browsers but have you looked into the alternate server browser? It is essentially a proven to be reliable, small program which does the same job as the in-game server browser. you literally start the program, find a server of your choosing, click join and then chivalry automatically starts and connects. Thankfully, the program comes with both written and visual instructions for operating it. I actually find it easier than the normal way! Haha

Look here: http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=10664

• Well unless the game broke down on my end because of my obtainment of two weapons and the Vet. Knight helm I don’t see why it shouldn’t be working. I’m hoping the third party browser will work well enough… I’m really not that tech savy. ^^;;

• @Vexrion:

Well unless the game broke down on my end because of my obtainment of two weapons and the Vet. Knight helm I don’t see why it shouldn’t be working. I’m hoping the third party browser will work well enough… I’m really not that tech savy. ^^;;

Not sure myself, wish I knew! Third party browser will work fine :) let me know if you have any issues using it

• @Scorp:

@Vexrion:

Well unless the game broke down on my end because of my obtainment of two weapons and the Vet. Knight helm I don’t see why it shouldn’t be working. I’m hoping the third party browser will work well enough… I’m really not that tech savy. ^^;;

Not sure myself, wish I knew! Third party browser will work fine :) let me know if you have any issues using it

Well so far I’ve attempted two different servers, both duels, and neither worked. The first one didn’t work as it said it should, staying at the main menu, and the second had a pop up in the menu of an invalid UID (acronym subject to being completely incorrect from memory).

Still, thats more than I got without the third party so… imma try a few more…

• @Scorp:

@Vexrion:

Is it a bad sign when the tutorial and single player games identify you as ‘Player’ and not your in game name?

• claps hands and cheers It seems to have been fixed! Or at least for now I have a way around the issue!

High fives all around!

• Glad your all sorted for now, be sure to let me know if you encounter any more problems!