Who's idea was it

• I know right off the bat that someone is going to say “get better”, “noob” or something else to defend their class, don’t care. This is the first time Ive felt the need to post because up till now I have enjoyed the game for what it was, not what it is now. In almost everygame for the last while it is dominated by Maa and anyone else who uses nothing but stabs and face hugging, why is this a valid tactic? why is that type of player being catered to? what happend to aoc that we are stuck with playing with the stab brigade.

I dont know what else to say other then that of a group of 5 friends who bought it on release, 2 of us will even try to play. The rest dont even bother anymore, cause were either playing against nothing but spam swingers or face huggers, and everything patched has been in favour of this game style from the weapon speeds to the shield nerf.

If this was how the game played on release I would have got my money back.

disappointed chivalry fan

• You trying out the new betas as they come? A lot of focus is reducing face hugging, and making the game all around easier. So you should check it out.

• Yeah, the betas are aiming to remove a lot of the tactics that are seen as overpowered such as lookdown overheads, facehugging, MAA dodge spam as well as attempt to balance some of the weaker weapons in the game.

• Yes, the beta is reducing the skill ceiling so that excellent players are nerfed a bit to allow the medium players a chance >:D

• @Toll:

Yes, the beta is reducing the skill ceiling so that excellent players are nerfed a bit to allow the medium players a chance >:D

In most cases those are not excellent players. They are players who abuse bad game mechanics.

If TBS ever fix insta hit madness (which i seriously doubt although) i expect hard QQ from those excellent players.

• You know what’s funny?

Any time an archer dominates a server, hes considered an aimbot.

Any time a vanguard or knight dominates a server, hes considered a pubstomper, or a dude that uses cheese tactics.

Any time a man at arms dominates a server, MAA is just overpowered.

Most often you see a knight dominate server, by a longshot.

So silly and arbitrary.

• @minion:

In almost everygame for the last while it is dominated by Maa and anyone else who uses nothing but stabs and face hugging, why is this a valid tactic? why is that type of player being catered to?

Lately…? There has been no patch recently that was released to live, just beta. And all those beta patches are removing the face hugging part (I always think of Aliens).

So, HI and welcome to the forums! :D

• @NoVaLombardia:

Any time an archer dominates a server, hes considered an aimbot.

This is true even if the Archer dominates without firing an arrow once during the match.

@NoVaLombardia:

Any time a vanguard or knight dominates a server, hes considered a pubstomper, or a dude that uses cheese tactics.

You missed one. When a Vanguard dominates a server it’s also because he’s a NO SKILL LMB SPAMMER WITH 2H and he CLICKS REALLY FAST to make his ATTACKS COME OUT FASTER.

(Yes, people still say stuff like this.)

• @Toll:

Yes, the beta is reducing the skill ceiling so that excellent players are nerfed a bit to allow the medium players a chance >:D

Removing cheap mechanics that should have never been in the game doesn’t inherently lower the skill ceiling. ‘skill ceiling’ ‘meta’ ‘nerf’ are all terms people on this board tend to use in dubious contexts.

@ChuckingIt:

You trying out the new betas as they come? A lot of focus is reducing face hugging, and making the game all around easier. So you should check it out.

Less cheap and random =/= easier.

• ^agree

• Swing and miss combo. Works plenty of times. LMB miss and then combo ito a stab as they come towards you.

And if you bought it now and didn’t like I bet you wouldn’t have gotten your money back. As torn banner doesn’t offer refunds. And steam will ban you if You try and do a chargeback. :D

Facehugging has been reduced once and it doesn’t work as well (unless they have a falchion). And hey are further improving on it and making it so you can dodge and attack at the same time.

I don’t play MAA. I just know how to kill them.

• Question:

When people say: “Go play a real class”, what should I pick to play a real class?

• @Toll:

I wouldn’t really call them “Excellent” if they use exploits/cheap “tactics”.

• @Delfagro:

Question:

When people say: “Go play a real class”, what should I pick to play a real class?

A class that can’t kill them. I recommend Flail Knight. Stabs only.

Note: If you manage to kill someone then I was wrong and you are actually playing a fake class. You’ll need to try something different. Like Sling Archer or something.

• @Unther:

I wouldn’t really call them “Excellent” if they use exploits/cheap “tactics”.

Be sure to stand still and only attack after you have successfully parried an attack. Otherwise you may be in danger of being called an exploiter.

• Vauge and undescriptive thread titles are fun, good job OP.

Also OP, you’re mistaking your emotionally induced opinion that your brain forged in an attempt to defend itself as a valid opinion with any sort of merit.

Everyone has a stage where they are annoyed by and complain about “spam swinging”. They get over it when they begin to learn how to counter it and figure out its actually a bad strategy to use. The difference between you and everyone is that you’re the type of guy who goes to the forums to vent. If you want a shoulder to cry on, I’m here for you man.

About your “face hugging” crying as well. They’re giving people who do this a damage reduction (damage based on your blade’s distance to target) in the upcoming patch coming out god know’s when, but what you need to do is understand that face hugging is and always will be a valid tactic in any melee game. Understand that if the aggressor (face hugger) is blocked in his attempt, he will face an equally difficult counter attack from the defender as he won’t have enough to time to leave face hugging distance.

You also have tools like keeping mobile, kicks, dodges, and shields to prevent face hugging.

• You also have tools like keeping mobile, kicks, dodges, and shields to prevent face hugging.

AS far as i know only one class has dodge, kicks are only so useful, and with the studder shields might as well be made of rubber for all the good it does (i thinks its getting fixed?)

Im not looking for a shoulder to cry on, when this game first came out it was awesome, then slowly it turned into what it is now. I tried playing yesterday but just got tired of fighting someone who just stares at their feet the entire fight or dealing with captain falcon its become the standard tactic is what bothers me. So sadly this game is the only one with first person medieval combat (that I know of) that just frustrates the living hell out of me when this stuff starts.

In saying that I have managed to play a few where people almost have a mutual agreement not to use any exploited moves, and it was really fun.

I really hope this patch is big fix for all, so much potential don’t want to see it as the last of its kind.

Minion

• @DemonicChocobo:

@Delfagro:

Question:

A class that can’t kill them. I recommend Flail Knight. Stabs only.

Note: If you manage to kill someone then I was wrong and you are actually playing a fake class. You’ll need to try something different. Like Sling Archer or something.

*that can kill them with cheap mechanics

so

not archer
    not vanguard with any weapon that has release times drastically greater than .5s

spear tier, billihook, halberd are all fine.

not man at arms - dodge and OP 1v1 weapons

Knight with any 2h weapon is generally fine. <

And dont feint or facehug.

That would be how to play with skill and chivalry.