Friendly Fire cant we find a solution ?

• FF seems to be an issue for lots of players, i think ff being on is great it adds a lot to the game but it can also be a total pain and is too often. Some have suggested auto kick but that seems to be unpopular (i like the idea it could be tweaked so its fair) so what about an alternative ?
    We could have a persons ff ratio displayed in the stats that would help to identify players who dont care who they hit and could also help others who dont realise how much ff they dish out
    or
    a player takes some damage themselves when they hit a teammate this would encourage players not to hit teammates unless they want to weaken themselves

Im sure others will have better ideas so lets hear them and hopefully 1 of our ideas will make into the game.

• Most deliberate team killing comes from a retaliation to an accidental team hit. That can end up as a big fight but that usually just between them and occasionally one gets kicked.

Normal dicks who do it get kicked pretty damn fast.

The subtle team wounders will get several votekicks directed at them. If they keep doing it. It takes a game or two for them to km get kicked properly or a popular high scoring player to complain about it. Usually after the first votekick they will stop. If they keep doing it they will get kicked.

I like to remind people that if they vote no this guy will likely be on your team next round killing you.

They get kicked autokick or not. An autokick will punish players accidentally lots.

• Reflective team damage should be a truly last resort. It’s not realistic, it makes no sense; but at least it’s an option if we can’t think of anything else.

I think on the whole - for me, anyway - it balances out, simply because if there is some noob clearly not caring about hitting his teammates with careless LMB swings, I will just kill him. Usually more than once.

I would actually suggest changing the scoring system. The fact that it’s based on kills means everyone is really desperate and greedy once they see a bloodied enemy. I feel that, if possible, we should get rid of this and display an overall score, based on kills, objectives, deaths, damage dealt, team damage dealt, assists etc. You can display KD ratio too.

I just feel that as long as kills reign supreme people - myself included - will always be desperate to get them and cleave through any number of their friends to obtain them.

Plus is would make TO more interesting if score motivated people to concentrate more on the objectives.

• Make score entirely reflective of our damage dealt! Some games, I get like 20 assists and only a few kills. People just run out and stab an opponent that I bloodied. If you hurt team mates, you get minus to your score the amount of damage you inflicted upon him. So some archers and vangaurds will have a hard time, heh heh.

Good players will have a score of several thousand damage points inflicted, and assholes will have a big negative score so it’ll be easier to see who you should kick! “Oh, that guy’s got a score of -674, better kick him”.

This system also means it’s not that profitable to you to only go after the bloodied enemies, since they net the least points. But it’s profitable for your team, reducing the numbers of your enemy!… Maaaybe there could be like a constant 25 point bonus for each killed enemy, I dunno.

And yes, I see a lot of flaws with this system :)

• @SavageBeatings:

Make score entirely reflective of our damage dealt! Some games, I get like 20 assists and only a few kills. People just run out and stab an opponent that I bloodied. If you hurt team mates, you get minus to your score the amount of damage you inflicted upon him. So some archers and vangaurds will have a hard time, heh heh.

Good players will have a score of several thousand damage points inflicted, and assholes will have a big negative score so it’ll be easier to see who you should kick! “Oh, that guy’s got a score of -674, better kick him”.

This system also means it’s not that profitable to you to only go after the bloodied enemies, since they net the least points. But it’s profitable for your team, reducing the numbers of your enemy!… Maaaybe there could be like a constant 25 point bonus for each killed enemy, I dunno.

Negative kill assists. That’s what I want to see.

At one stage if you hurt a team mate and then he got killed by anyone other than you, you got a positive kill assist from it. This was fixed in the beta sometime or early in release.

But what if they made it so you got negative 5 points if he dies becuase of you even though you didn’t kill him. In you yet someone and he healed up before he does it shouldn’t count. As you did no real damage to your team and his life as a whole.

And they are making kill assist more reliable. As it stands its 50-50 whether you get the assist or not.

• At one stage if you hurt a team mate and then he got killed by anyone other than you, you got a positive kill assist from it. This was fixed in the beta sometime or early in release.

But what if they made it so you got negative 5 points if he dies because of you even though you didn’t kill him. In you yet someone and he healed up before he does it shouldn’t count. As you did no real damage to your team and his life as a whole.

And they are making kill assist more reliable. As it stands its 50-50 whether you get the assist or not.

I like it good idea

We shouldnt be out to punish people who make the odd team hit as we all do it, I normally have 4 - 8% TD so im far from perfect myself. Its more the people who dont care about FF and its not just noobs who dont care.

On thing this game has made me realise is back when men fought like this you would have been as afraid of your own comrades as the enemy

• @SavageBeatings:

Make score entirely reflective of our damage dealt! Some games, I get like 20 assists and only a few kills. People just run out and stab an opponent that I bloodied. If you hurt team mates, you get minus to your score the amount of damage you inflicted upon him. So some archers and vangaurds will have a hard time, heh heh.

It would be an interesting game mode to try, we would get to see how good people really are

• @Bloodhead:

Reflective team damage should be a truly last resort. It’s not realistic, it makes no sense; but at least it’s an option if we can’t think of anything else.

I think on the whole - for me, anyway - it balances out, simply because if there is some noob clearly not caring about hitting his teammates with careless LMB swings, I will just kill him. Usually more than once.

I would actually suggest changing the scoring system. The fact that it’s based on kills means everyone is really desperate and greedy once they see a bloodied enemy. I feel that, if possible, we should get rid of this and display an overall score, based on kills, objectives, deaths, damage dealt, team damage dealt, assists etc. You can display KD ratio too.

I just feel that as long as kills reign supreme people - myself included - will always be desperate to get them and cleave through any number of their friends to obtain them.
    Plus is would make TO more interesting if score motivated people to concentrate more on the objectives.

I dont think it really balances out fairly for me, i agree with the scoring system change. When you play stoneshill you tend to find the agatha players near the top are careful as they dont want to drop points so they can be king so scoring may be the way to go perhaps losing a kill if you TK. I have gotten pretty good at avoiding teammates even when rushing in for a kill but I play TP which makes it much easier. FP does make it harder to know who is at your side

• @SavageBeatings:

I like that, dont understand why modern games are all about the killing blow.
    Be it mmorpg or FPS it seems devs think there should only be rewards for the last hit.

• i love the folks that swing at you once and hit you in the back, then you turn and look at them and meanwhile… they are completing their full LMB combo with 2 more slashes following the one that hit you… and even maybe one of those hits ya too. Lemmings man… lemmings.

• @Towe:

@SavageBeatings:

I like that, dont understand why modern games are all about the killing blow.
    Be it mmorpg or FPS it seems devs think there should only be rewards for the last hit.

BF3 rewarded you points for the percentage of damage you did to the enemy as a kill assist.

Problem is it rounded up. So you could get 100 point kill assists.

• He actually has a pretty good suggestion.I love the current FF system and i think the only problem is noobs who keep spamming lmb.After a vote which fails, a good stern message or a quick kick or stab in the balls they soon change thier ways real fast.

Just try it.I would be all for the system of damage dealt though and that is saying something as i tend to have my spear point going into groups of 2-3 allies to stab thier target, nick the kill and dish out zero team damage.It happened last night against a 4v1 actually and by the time they had dished out the first swing i had killed the guy and he was starting his death animations surrounded by four vangaurds.

A second later around 3 slashes could be heard and four confused vanguards were eyeing each other up looking tk revenge.I think one guy even swung twice LOL!

• once your team damage goes over a certain percentage, only allowed fists. Once you level our your team damage with the fists… you can have your weapon back lol

• The real problem of FF in team modes is getting too close to your team. Stay away from them, they are death.

once your team damage goes over a certain percentage, only allowed fists. Once you level our your team damage with the fists… you can have your weapon back lol

^^ +100 to that, that is gold.

• @Toll:

The real problem of FF in team modes is getting too close to your team. Stay away from them, they are death.

You can’t always stay away from them, they just come up behind you and you can’t always have eyes in the back of your head. Also… as melee, you can’t just stop the enemy attacking you whenever you want to, so you can’t just get out of engagements any time. Saying to stay away from your team is like archers that say… well you walked in front of my shot. NO… it’s not your shot that melee or teammates should be worrying about, the only person that can control your archer shot is you. It’s never the fault of melee that they get in front of the archer, it’s the archers fault for releasing the arrow. I just find it funny when archers say you walked in front of my arrow… as if it’s my fault your arrow hit me.

• The way I deal with Team Damage is to simply not fight people near my team mates. Unless I can trust that person to pull their swings (green steam name overlays <3 )

• You could say that damage affects your score in positive or negative ways depending on if you’re damaging enemies or teammates like SavageBeatings said. Damaging teammates decreases your score exponentially or something so that subsequent strikes quickly lower your score. Should your points drop below some threshold (< 0 maybe?), the damage you do becomes reflective damage and you’ll only end up killing yourself (take that catapult spammers!). Won’t stop those people from throwing an intentional swing at your face once in a while just to troll, but it at least deals with blatant TK’ers more quickly I’d reckon.

• @clayton-bigsby:

once your team damage goes over a certain percentage, only allowed fists. Once you level our your team damage with the fists… you can have your weapon back lol

Oh lawd that is golden!

• I thought that they could implement a counter for number of instances of team damage dealt. Then you could have it so that the re-spawn time is increased by x% where x equals either the number of instances of FF or a set percentage based on number of instances.

This would mean that people who occasionally hit their team(because accidents do happen) wont really be punished, but people who are reckless will be.

• @Gentlemancer:

I thought that they could implement a counter for number of instances of team damage dealt. Then you could have it so that the re-spawn time is increased by x% where x equals either the number of instances of FF or a set percentage based on number of instances.

This would mean that people who occasionally hit their team(because accidents do happen) wont really be punished, but people who are reckless will be.

That sounds like a good plan. Also, let me remind you that fists are actually quite annoying and can actually kill an armed man, especially if he isn’t expecting it.