CU 1 Patch 2 Beta 5

• Beta has been updated! Round 5, here we go!

Patch notes as written up by our lovely SlyGoat.

Fixes:

-Fixed several bugs with ballistae.
    -Low stamina sounds should now properly play for other players.

Dodge:

-Enabled during flinch, recovery and parry. Still disabled during windup and release.
    -Attacking only disabled during first half of dodge.

**Feint/parry mechanics:
    -Combo feint costs 20 stamina (5 more than normal feint), unable to parry for .4 sec after a combo feint.
    -Queuing a parry during release will now combo directly into a parry, costing 10 stamina.
    -“Panic parry” in attack recovery - costs 25 stamina, no counterattack.

**Weapon balance:
    Tweaks to new stamina drain values for all weapons - generally higher stamina drain than previous beta.
    Longsword overhead damage from 85 to 82
    Longsword stab damage from 65 to 61
    Longsword slash and overhead combos from .7 to .675
    Sword of War overhead damage from 75 to 70
    Sword of War stab damage from 75 to 68
    Sword of War slash and overhead releases from .55 to .525
    Falchion slash damage from 70 to 65
    Mace slash damage from 65 to 64
    Bearded axe overhead damage from 87 to 90
    Bearded Axe overhead windup from .5 to .475
    Polehammer overhead damage from 110 to 105
    Polehammer stab damage from 70 to 72
    Grand mace overhead windup from .55 to .525
    Javelin throw windup from .4 to .6
    Javelin reload from .9 to .6
    Small spear throw windup from .3 to .5
    Small spear reload from .8 to .5
    Heavy javelin throw windup from .5 to .65
    Heavy javelin throw recovery from 1 to .65
    Javelin throw animation is no longer full-body, I.E. no more hop forward on release.
    Smoke throw windup from 1 to .6
    Lead ball minimum damage from 30 to 25
    Lead ball ammo count from 20 to 25

• Queuing a parry during release will now combo directly into a parry, costing 10 stamina.

I don’t understand this.

• @Mouchoirsky:

Queuing a parry during release will now combo directly into a parry, costing 10 stamina.

I don’t understand this.

Me neither. We spent a lot of time getting rid of queued parries because they didn’t make sense.

• It’s not an opinion about balance, or anything. I just don’t understand what release it is about and what it is doing. You combo a parry by another parry? It’s a super parry or something?

And thanks for the hard work, by the way :) .

• @Mouchoirsky:

Queuing a parry during release will now combo directly into a parry, costing 10 stamina.

I don’t understand this.

You know how you combo attacks? You hit the attack button while your weapon is in release. Well instead of comboing into an attack after pressing attack, you can combo into a parry after pressing parry. Fun C:

• Ah, interesting idea. Thanks.

• @gregcau:

@Mouchoirsky:

I don’t understand this.

Me neither. We spent a lot of time getting rid of queued parries because they didn’t make sense.

That was an issue with parry queuing during a parry, so you would have cases of parrying twice in a row when you didn’t mean to, or doing a counterattack and then parrying after. Parries never queued during release before, because you could never go directly from release into parry before.

• Awesome changes , the two most OP knight weapons have just been nerfed modestly . I like the combo feint changes too. Cant wait to try it out when i get home.

• Beta feels reallllly good right now. Best yet.

• Nice to see the ballista are getting some love at last. By the way, double tapping rmb on parry or holding the shield up seems to drain a lot of stamina, is this intentional? Also, is there now an idea on what kind of feint changes will eventually make it to live? On a side note, the second throwing axe disappears into the void again when trying to cancel it after throwing the first, which is quite frustrating, I thought that was fixed already.

• Looks really good from what I just read. Going to test now.

• Lol at the weapon changes, feels like you guys dont give a shit about the balance that has been discussed on this forum and in the community. Trolling? Falchion slash nerf, LS and Sow nerfed even more, lol. You literally nerfed a weapon that nobody uses.

Also the panic parry thing is awful lol. Queuing Parrys feels terribad and unresponsive.

• @Kimiko:

Beta feels reallllly good right now. Best yet.

Yep, no complaints.

• @BB:

@Mouchoirsky:

I don’t understand this.

You know how you combo attacks? You hit the attack button while your weapon is in release. Well instead of comboing into an attack after pressing attack, you can combo into a parry after pressing parry. Fun C:

This is the greatest thing I’ve ever heard.

• I edited my post.

• @CRUSHED:

I edited my post.

And so did I :)

• Just played some and this is by far the best beta and is better than the live. The panic parry might need some tweaking. And as always there is room for improvement with nerfing and buffing weapons.

This one feels more balanced and polished than the others did.

• SoW feels better releasing combos then it did last time, but received another damage nerf :(. Oh well. Still trying to understand the new combo feinting and that panic mechanic.

edit: The queued parry initiated by parrying in release seems to come up godly fast.

edit: Also, were projectiles sticking out of people supposed to be fixed in this beta?

• 1h weapon stab still looks fuking slow and stupid for unknow reason, overall it’s better than beta4 but again the game look really slow, there is still some annoying bug like when we are stuck when we jump close to the opponent, the funny thing is, the beta purpose is to make people fighting vs maa easily but from what i see people find it harder than live, live is still the best by far, too many useless change.

• @Kimiko:

-Combo feint costs 20 stamina (5 more than normal feint), unable to parry for .4 sec after a combo feint.
    -Queuing a parry during release will now combo directly into a parry, costing 10 stamina.
    -“Panic parry” in attack recovery - costs 25 stamina, no counterattack.

It looks like going into recovery is still the worst possible option. If someone’s going to hit me within 0.5 seconds after the end of release, I should combo parry. If someone’s going to hit me after 0.5 seconds after release, I should combo feint and parry. The only reason to go into recovery is if you think you can’t be hit in the recovery time, but in that case you are much better off comboing as combos are shorter and you get a chance to hit them again.