Can we modify existing maps?

• I was hoping to be able to open one of the current maps, edit it and save as a new map however Crustacean said that might not work.

Can I make a copy of a map, modify it and re-cook it?

If not would it be possible for you guys to make a “blank slate” map with the pre-requisite code already attached and release it? Then we could modify the map, add static meshes, actors, etc. without having to build the map from the very bottom up?

• Right now the SDK will let you open and look at cooked maps, but not save the under a different name or edit them.

I’m not sure what TBS’s plan is on this one, but I do hope they release editable versions of their maps. Right now you can still modify the map logic and mess about with round timers and player properties, but you can’t add any new assets you create.

• I would like this feature. Then we can make a part two of battlegrounds.

• I’ve found that if you copy and paste the folder with the map in it, you can then modify the original map and save it with no problems.

• Developer

@Dr:

I’ve found that if you copy and paste the folder with the map in it, you can then modify the original map and save it with no problems.

More details? I’m under the impression that this is a bug and could end up causing issues (cooked maps aren’t supposed to be resaved, it could wreak havoc of whatever sorts). It could also be perfectly fine though…

• Yeah I get a whole bunch of warnings when opening the SDK but it seems to run fine. Although I’m having some issues with another map I’m trying to make so I was thinking that maybe the cooked map is causing problems with other maps or the SDK.