[CLOSED] CompMod

• This mod is now part of ProMod and will no longer be updated separately.

Hi guys, I am working on a mod to make our experience as competitive players just a little bit easier.

So far the other planned feature is a stopwatch TO gamemode, but I haven’t looked too much into it yet. I also want to make the pause function work better, and possibly add options for disabling spawn waves.

I am also looking for any requests from players, so feel free to post those here.

First alpha version of CompMod is released - it includes the Ready Up mod only.

• awesome

• Oh, and I forgot to mention that a proper spectator HUD should also be possible.

• Awesome! If you could also resize the hud for small resolutions or making the hud customizable, that would be great. Would it be possible to just “reset” the map on map restart instead of reloading it? also a demo feature

• @afiNity:

Awesome! If you could also resize the hud for small resolutions or making the hud customizable, that would be great. Would it be possible to just “reset” the map on map restart instead of reloading it? also a demo feature

That’s the goal, and from the looks of things it might be pretty easy. I’ll see about making it automatically switch the teams too if I can. My main problem at the moment is that I don’t have a proper TO map to test any changes on, and I can’t seem to make the cooked maps run on my custom game-mode. :(

I am aware of different resolution HUD issues. I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it. The TO changes are first on the list.

And, yes, I though about demo features too but it’s low priority because I really have no idea how to do it, and there’s other stuff that I think is more important right now. I’ll look into it, but I imagine that if TBS gave up on it that it’s not particularly easy.

• Guys, this is as much a surprise to me as anyone else (even the devs :D ) but I have a version of CompMod working in LIVE right now.

Even better, it’s completely server side (even though apparently that’s impossible).

For some reason this mod is not compatible with the “Chivalry Dedicated Server” Steam tool so I don’t know how compatible it will be with 3rd party dedicated servers. Instead you may start a server (which is exactly the same as far as I can tell) using your main game’s client files (see install instructions for how to do this).

Features:

• The round does now not automatically start when there is one player on each team.

• One player from each team must type “Ready” in console to indicate that their team is ready to play.

• A player may type “Unready” in console to indicate that their team is not ready and cancel the round start timer.

• Players logged in as admins have access to the “AdminForceReady” and “AdminForceUnready” commands. These commands force the countdown to begin regardless of individual teams’ ready states and make both teams unready, cancelling round start timer, respectively.

Install and operation instructions:

• Download this file.

• Place it in “steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\UDKGame\CookedPCConsole\CompMod” (You must create the CompMod folder yourself.)

• Navigate to “steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\UDKGame\Config” and open UDKGame.ini in notepad.

• Use the search function (ctrl-f) to find “AOC.AOCLTS” and on any line in which with “DefaultMapPrefixes=” replace “AOC.AOCLTS” with “CompMod.CompLTS” DO NOT USE REPLACE ALL!

• Do the same as above but replacing “AOC.AOCTeamObjective” with “CompMod.CompTO” (remember: only on lines beginnning with “DefaultMapPrefixes=”)

• Place this batch file in \chivalrymedievalwarfare\ (it just runs the server, it’s not necessary for the mod to work)

Running the batch file should now start a server. The default password is chivadmin, but you can change that in the batch file. Login with admin and change to any AOCLTS or AOCTO map to see the mod working.

• A little progress update on the mod so far.

First of all, further versions will certainly not work on the current live version of the game, even uncooked using the client files. It’s possible that the next version will work with the game after the big patch but it will only work uncooked (so no dedicated servers) and I won’t be able to test and release it anyway. We’re just going to have to wait for the SDK to be released fully.

So far, other than the Ready Up Mod, I have been working on the Stopwatch TO mode. Now, at the end of a TO map the game will not end and change map, but instead reset itself, swap the teams and revert to the warmup state so teams can make changes before calling “Ready” again.

Oh and I seemed to have fixed the pause function. The code I changed was put there specifically to break it, though, so it needs some more thorough testing. After initial tests however it seems to work fine.

I have been struggling a bit with how the stopwatch TO game-mode should operate. For example if one team finishes with 5 minutes remaining, should that team win immediately if the other team takes longer? Personally I like being able to continue after a loss and post a time anyway to see how close it was. However I would really like there to be a more obvious timer countdown to show how long a team has left to complete the map and beat the other team.

So far what I’m thinking is that the first team plays and posts a time (or the furthest objective stage they got to). The second team then plays and can see how long they have to complete the next objective or the map (whichever is shortest). If they go over the time posted by the first team (ie they lose the match) they continue playing into negative time until they finish or the objective time is up. Similarly, if the second team reaches a further objective than the first they continue playing as normal.

Thoughts? Is this a good idea, or would people prefer the map to simply finish when the winner is determined?

• @NabsterHax:

So far, other than the Ready Up Mod, I have been working on the Stopwatch TO mode. Now, at the end of a TO map the game will not end and change map, but instead reset itself, swap the teams and revert to the warmup state so teams can make changes before calling “Ready” again.

Yes, please!

About stopwatch, can you make two options?
    1. Continue no matter what.
    2. If x team already won, end the game.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

About stopwatch, can you make two options?
    1. Continue no matter what.
    2. If x team already won, end the game.

Yes, I suppose I can. :D

• Major setback on the Stopwatch game-mode. It appears that maps are not set up in such a way to allow me to completely reset to their initial state. There is no foreseeable script-only work around to this. It would perhaps be possible to edit the maps and make them fully resettable but I do not have the knowledge (or will-power) to make this happen.

I’m sorry to disappoint those who’ve been looking forward to this feature. At least with the working Ready Up mod the number of map restarts can be minimised and I can probably get TO maps to automatically re-load themselves instead of changing to the map cycle.

From now I will be focusing on a spectator HUD and working Demo feature. I’m fairly sure that both of these are possible, but no guarantees.

• I like it. Perhaps bring up a vote to continue playing or change maps when one team technically wins.

Also, would it be appropriate for this mod (since it is a TO comp mod technically), to make it so it switches teams and resets the map with the target time to beat?

EDIT: oh nvm… just saw this… =/

@NabsterHax:

Major setback on the Stopwatch game-mode. It appears that maps are not set up in such a way to allow me to completely reset to their initial state. There is no foreseeable script-only work around to this. It would perhaps be possible to edit the maps and make them fully resettable but I do not have the knowledge (or will-power) to make this happen.

• This mod is now part of ProMod, please leave suggestions in that thread.

That is something I want to do, though. When we finally have access to the uncooked maps it should be possible to hook up the kismet to reset entire TO maps fully.