Game Has A Constantly Low FPS Please Help

• Hi All!
    I have huge issues with Lagging in Civalry, even at the menu.
    I’ve tried everything…I think.
    New drivers, settings in the game and so on, still no luck.
    The game is right now not playable at all.

Running the CPU-Z it says the graphics only have 512MB…

Specs:
    CPU: AMD A10 6800K
    Built in graphics: Radeon HD 8670D
    Mother board: ASUS F2A85-VPRO
    RAM: Kingston 8GB DDR3 1800MHz
    HD: Intel SSD 330 series

Any ideas?
    Pleeeease…

• Mthays should only run the game on medium settings. Any higher and its not gonna run well.

• I’ve tried that too… It’s the same amount of lag no matter what the settings are… Someone please reply to this as soon as possible

• What FPS is the game showing? You can find of by opening the console and typo g in the command “displayFPS” the command might be “aoc_displayFPS”. Its one of those two I can’t quite remember.

• It Is always around 8-12 frames per second (FPS)… Thank you for responding… Please respond again :/

• Is there someone out there who has a solution to my problem? Please Post It Here! :(

• You’ll need to turn down the graphics settings and especially turn down Ragdoll (Try 3).
    The 3D benchmark for this integrated graphics processor is 1131.

@spacetoad:

Memory is allocated dynamically by Windows. You can force it to use the maximum video memory at all times to see if that helps but I’m an Nvidia user so you’ll have to Google for how to do that.

• I have now tried what you said, but strangely enough the lag does not get any better no matter if I have low or high settings… I don’t know what to do, Please reply

• It’s possible some other software is interfering with your game - but really, this game doesn’t run well on integrated video.
    You need to get a dedicated graphics card to play this game without graphics issues.

• There are no other programs running at the same time as the game itself… Are you 100 % sure that it’s the integrated video cards fault? I just want to be sure before I just go wondering off buying a new card. Please Reply

• No, I’m not sure at all that that’s the specific issue you are having. But I’m sure that if you got a dedicated graphics card this wouldn’t be happening.

The minimum specs for the game list dedicated video cards that are very, very old. Realistically these cards will barely run the game. Those cards score 760 on the 3dMark benchmark.
    Your integrated graphics scores 1131. In theory, the game should run with minimal settings on that chip.
    It’s comparable to my old GTX 260 which scores 1114 and runs the game 20-45 fps with medium settings and ragdoll set to 7.
    But integrated graphics generally perform better on benchmarks than they actually do in games.

This was interesting.
    http://www.legitreviews.com/article/2209/11/

• @BillDoor:

You’ll need to turn down the graphics settings and especially turn down Ragdoll (Try 3).
    The 3D benchmark for this integrated graphics processor is 1131.

@spacetoad:

Memory is allocated dynamically by Windows. You can force it to use the maximum video memory at all times to see if that helps but I’m an Nvidia user so you’ll have to Google for how to do that.

I’m running this game at a mixture of high and low specs with worse specs than him. I have an i5 3570k which benches slightly lower than his A10 and I have a 5670 that benches at almost 1300. My particular 5670 is the discontinued 5690. As a normal 1GB one benches at just over 1000.

Still not a whole lot better. I’m getting 30-40 FPS. He should be getting a heck of a lot more. And my ragdoll is at 150. It only suffers on KOTH arena. As its a body timer not a body count.

I remember a while back people where having issues wih medium to high end Nvida 600 series cards. That was until they updated the graphics drivers several times.

As its integrated t could be having problems assigning the right amount of memory to the chip. Which will need an update in drivers. Its a brand spanking new series. So there may be some problems.

If you haven’t go the latest drivers get them. Otherwise the only real thing you can do is wait.'or buy a dedicated graphics card which won’t have these problems. The new 8000’series with its dedicated graphics is 15-20% better than the previous series as usual. But its also 20-30% cheaper than the previous series at release for some odd reason. I have no complaints. AMD have always been slightly cheaper than Nvidia. Now they are much cheaper than Nvidia.

• There is allot of people that use an older version of my integraded graphics card, and their game works just fine… So I dont think that’s the problem… Please Reply

• Dunno man. As lemon said, there’s no reason on paper that the game won’t run for you. Perhaps you need to update a different driver for the motherboard or the CPU. It’s Windows, so your environment is different from everyone else’s.

As this is an integrated chip, I’ve given my advice: Gaming computers work better with Dedicated graphics cards. That’s the whole reason they make graphics cards.

• @spacetoad:

There is allot of people that use an older version of my integraded graphics card, and their game works just fine… So I dont think that’s the problem… Please Reply

Exactly, the older version. That version has drivers that work for it. Your version probably doesn’t. As its really new. Update your driver to the latest version. All your drivers. If that doesn’t work take it up with AMD.

But bill door is right, dedicated graphics cards generally have less problems.

• @lemonater47:

I have an i5 3570k which benches slightly lower than his A10

LMAO are you kidding me?! the i5 3570k is literally twice the CPU of the A10!

• Your single channel ram is gimping your already gimped card. To get the most out of your onboard graphics card you should be using Duel Channel ram, so 2x4gig sticks.

On top of that, the game eats CPU’s like the cookie monster eats cookies. It isn’t optimized well for CPU’s.

Basically there is very little you can do to improve your performance. You will need to upgrade your computer.

The best you can do is type this in console:

Scale Lowend

That will reduce pretty much all the settings that will help you and put your resolution to 800x600, because your RAM is single channel and shared anything that reduces video texture ram and ram usage in general will help you a fair bit.

Good luck.

edit: Also play on servers with 16 people max, preferably less.

• This is a well-known game, there are many players in the world, yes he is Guild Wars.

GW2 Gold|Guild Wars 2 Gold|GW2 Gold Kaufen

• @Psyfon:

@lemonater47:

I have an i5 3570k which benches slightly lower than his A10

LMAO are you kidding me?! the i5 3570k is literally twice the CPU of the A10!

Don’t be an intel fanboi and actually look at the numbers.

Also running an integrated card taxes the CPU and RAM even more.

And this game hates new hardware.

And I didn’t realise but what Toll said is correct.