Arsenal upgrade on the Archer

• I have been thinking of all those empty slots after a sling and a few other things.So as I’m sure others have suggested by now a slingshot would be a perfect second tier item.
    As for its attributes I’m sure most chivalry players have noticed designated in the three tiers of a weapon there would be one stronger, one faster, and one longer.
    I find the best position for the slingshot would be the speed category now I realize length doesn’t apply with ranged weapons so let us substitute it for projectile drop or whatever.
    I assume a stick shot or whatever its called could be the strong shooter or it could have low projectile drop or whatever TB see’s fit.

As for the looks of these items something like this for the slingshot http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c … ot_(weapon.jpg/200px-Slingshot_(weapon).jpg
    And for the longer stick shot thing it could be this.
    http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/ … 0-1024.jpg

As for my more original idea I think archers are more supportive and they should have somekind of was of slowing or weakening the enemy before a nice pebble to the head. I thought rather than choosing a ammo type for the slingshot you could have infantry caltrops that would either slow the enemy or hurt them a bit and it could last a while and wouldn’t be terribly hard being similar the firepot however I think the caltrops should linger for a bit longer.
    if you don’t know what a caltrop is here is a picture to give you a better idea
    http://www.wotps.com/images/weapons/Caltrops.jpg

• Btw viewers I would like to hear your opinions on this so give me some feedback on this idea also while your replying listen to my themesong.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L6fAXeBnY8

• A slingshot couldn’t kill people really at all. The velocity is far too low. Considering school children make them to fling rocks at each other.

And a slingshot wasn’t actually a weapon.

It was invented in around 1844 and became very popular in the 1860s and later in 1945.

In its short military history it was used since 2003 in Iraq when Saddam hussien said that it could be used as a guerrilla weapon to distract and injure American soldiers. Later they made arrows for the slingshot. Many American soldier were using bullet proof vests. Bullet proof vests are not stab proof. A bodkin like arrow or a very thin broad head arrow could easily peirce the Americans armour. It neve killed but it did go through armour and did embed itself in the skin. The velocity was too slow for it to go too far and it rarely went through the muscle.

And rocks did pretty much no damage except giving paintball like bruises and the occasional facepalm or head wound.

• I agree with you on a realistic standpoint but I thought it would be the most sensible tier system for the sling because I would assume the weapons added last patch are getting their other tiers soon. Also this is of course and ideal example but slingshots can be quite devestating http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FCxwC-97YQ

• @Sogeking:

I agree with you on a realistic standpoint but I thought it would be the most sensible tier system for the sling because I would assume the weapons added last patch are getting their other tiers soon. Also this is of course and ideal example but slingshots can be quite devestating http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FCxwC-97YQ

More sensible to get worse weapons as you go along?

And he used a helmet that was already broken and broke the helmet at its weakest point.

Considering this game is set somewhere in the late 13th century the and the sling shot was invented 600 years after that and then took another 150 years to get improved to that standard its not a great weapon to put in.

The two handed sling is better. More comment known as a staff sling.

A normal sling can get range a of 400m the world record being 477m. This excess the range of most bows by a long shot.

Anceint writers have always stressed for a thousand years of writing that the sling could outrange any bow.

Slings don’t pierce armour. They just chase massive damage on the inside breaking ribs and rupturing lungs. It could disfigure a head while inside a helmet.

In the medieval times it wasn’t use much in Central Europe. In the Spanish peninsula and in Eastern Europe it was still used militarily. In Central Europe only bandits peasants and some mercinaries used them. Though entrap Europe was known for its bows and the welsh people made the longbow. Then the English liked its design better than the normal spec bows and mass produced them from the late 13th century onwards. It then got called the English longbow even though it was the welsh who made it.

But still the sling was vastly more powerful than a slongshot and for many thousands of years more powerful than a bow. Slings could damage units in heavy armour. Arrows couldn’t unless they peirced.

In fact I dot know why the sling does so little damage against units. It shoul do more. It usually killed or mortally wounded people in one hit regardless of what they were wearing.

• Well you certainly crushed my dreams in a quick fashion but it does seem you have your facts straight. I do hope they have more tiers to the sling in the next update though I just posted what first came to mind.

• @Sogeking:

Well you certainly crushed my dreams in a quick fashion but it does seem you have your facts straight. I do hope they have more tiers to the sling in the next update though I just posted what first came to mind.

The staff sling.

Muwhahahahahaha.

• Even so we still would need another tier for the sling. Do you have any ideas for that

• @Sogeking:

Even so we still would need another tier for the sling. Do you have any ideas for that

Hunting sling. Smaller, faster reload, Less damage.

And for the flail we need the two handed flail.

Quarterstaff I have no idea.

Pole hammer. Polehamburger.

• @lemonater47:

Polehamburger.

Perfect!

• Many Sling users back then used bucklers as well. I see no reason to not allow a sling user to hold a buckler on the hand they are not slinging with. Bucklers are not even that great in live and would still be a good buff to a sling user.

Funny you mentioned Caltrops. I was browsing the SDK earlier and noticed there were icons as well as textures for an item called caltrops. It showed a small brown sack full of em. Most likely were in the game at some point. Probably early beta or alpha.

You can find another thread discussing slings here:
    viewtopic.php?p=107817