Patch messing up tourny… >.>

• All i’m asking is for TBS to work with us here.

• What Flotch said.

• @bada:

What Flotch said.

What bada said.

• I started playing Chivalry again just for this tournament and now with all these issues, I find out I might not even be able to play due to the schedule constantly changing.

All we need is a little cooperation from TB

• Also a lot of people have already taken off work and such because of the date that was already set. Now with all these changes some people might not be able to make it.

• @Flotch:

Also a lot of people have already taken off work and such because of the date that was already set. Now with all these changes some people might not be able to make it.

• @HeightofAbsurdity:

[image:137d3f5g]http://d2oadd98wnjs7n.cloudfront.net/medias/839397/primary_pictures/full/20130529193617-Img1.jpg?1369881379[/image:137d3f5g]
    I’m happy to announce the NA 8v8 TO Tournament. Check out our indiegogo campaign HERE!

Dates and Times (Times subject to minor variation. Dates are not):

Saturday June 22nd: 3 PST- around 8 PST
    Sunday June 23rd: 6 PST - around 8 PST

Saturday June 29th: 3 PST- around 8 PST
    Sunday June 30th: 6 PST - around 8 PST

@HeightofAbsurdity:

UPDATE:

Due to less teams, qualifiers will be on the 22nd.

The tournament will be on the 29th and 30th.

The 15th will be a mini show tournament with the top two teams able to influence the groups used for the qualifiers.

What changes? The format has changed a tad, but the dates are all still the same.

• edited

• @CRUSHED:

the day the post for the tournament was made everyone knew there was a patch coming in the next few weeks, its your own fault if you set such a far away date

its such a big deal to play with the new balance?

The patch coming the day before the tournament is a huge problem.
    That gives you 24 (probably less) hours to test out the new game and adjust your strategies to the new game. Delaying the patch until Monday is reasonable. It’s not like were asking for weeks/months. We want to participate in a cash tournament with confidence. No one wants to be unsure of themselves or their team when money if on the line.

• @CRUSHED:

It is.

• i didnt realise it came the day before the tourney, then its definetly reasonable ofcourse

• @Meow:

Qualifiers* The tournament will be on the 29th, so all teams will have roughly a week to practice before shit gets serious.

Personally I was for pushing the tournament back to July. Gives all the teams plenty of time to practice on the new version, gives other teams more time to find eight players, gives the devs more time to add quality support and promotion, also would give the devs time to actually enter a team in the tournament. But I agree the patch and tournament schedule has become somewhat of a mess.

• @CRUSHED:

the day the post for the tournament was made everyone knew there was a patch coming in the next few weeks, its your own fault if you set such a far away date

A competitive game simply does not introduce a giant patch with a total overhaul in the middle of a tournament without major issues happening.

• @Able:

@Meow:

Qualifiers* The tournament will be on the 29th, so all teams will have roughly a week to practice before shit gets serious.

Personally I was for pushing the tournament back to July. Gives all the teams plenty of time to practice on the new version, gives other teams more time to find eight players, gives the devs more time to add quality support and promotion, also would give the devs time to actually enter a team in the tournament. But I agree the patch and tournament schedule has become somewhat of a mess.

The tournament was going to run on the 22nd and 23rd because there are not as many teams to fill 2 weekends. You must have missed that conversation.

• @Able:

@Meow:

False!
    Talk to height. Tournament is possibly being changed to the 22-23.

• @HeightofAbsurdity:

UPDATE:

The 15th will be a mini show tournament with the top two teams able to influence the groups used for the qualifiers.

This is currently the official schedule. The dates you guys are referring to would only happen if the devs actually delay the release of the patch, which has not been confirmed yet.

• @Able:

@HeightofAbsurdity:

UPDATE:

This is currently the official schedule. The dates you guys are referring to would only happen if the devs actually delay the release of the patch, which has not been confirmed yet.

@Meow:

Talk to height.

apparently you weren’t included in the conversation that happened a few hours ago.
    Let us inform you!
    The tournament is likely going to be scheduled on the 22-23.
    It’s 100% going to be if the devs move the patch back to the 24th.

• Saturday, June 15, 2013
    12:31 AM - Lg | HeightofAbsurdity: If kimi can get the patch pushed back a couple days, then we can do it all on live on the 22nd and 23rd. If not, your post on the forums is correct. We were talking about it being done on the 22nd and 23rd when we thought the patch was going to occur between the 22nd and 23rd but then Kimi said it’d probably be relased on the Friday before (21st). Apparently she was under the assumption at that time that we were still going to do a 2 weekend tournamenta nd itw ould’ve had to be delayed until after the 30th, so she fingers crossed MAY be able to get it right after the 23rd so we can do the whole thing on live
    12:34 AM - Vq.| Able: This is currently the official schedule. The dates you guys are referring to would only happen if the devs actually delay the release of the patch, which has not been confirmed yet.
    12:34 AM - Vq.| Able: so that would be an accurate statement?
    12:36 AM - Lg | HeightofAbsurdity: that is correct. The other option on the board is to delay the cash tourny to the 13th
    12:37 AM - Lg | HeightofAbsurdity: and still do the qualifiers and an exhibition tournament on the 22nd and 29th/30th respectively

• @Able:

12:31 AM - Lg | HeightofAbsurdity: If kimi can get the patch pushed back a couple days, then we can do it all on live on the 22nd and 23rd. If not, your post on the forums is correct. We were talking about it being done on the 22nd and 23rd when we thought the patch was going to occur between the 22nd and 23rd but then Kimi said it’d probably be relased on the Friday before (21st). Apparently she was under the assumption at that time that we were still going to do a 2 weekend tournamenta nd itw ould’ve had to be delayed until after the 30th, so she fingers crossed MAY be able to get it right after the 23rd so we can do the whole thing on live
    12:34 AM - Vq.| Able: This is currently the official schedule. The dates you guys are referring to would only happen if the devs actually delay the release of the patch, which has not been confirmed yet.
    12:36 AM - Lg | HeightofAbsurdity: that is correct. The other option on the board is to delay the cash tourny to the 13th

I didn’t know “Possibly” and “Likely” meant 100%
    We’re informing you that the tournament isn’t 100% on the following weekend of the patch.

• @Able:

Saturday, June 15, 2013
    12:37 AM - Lg | HeightofAbsurdity: and still do the qualifiers and an exhibition tournament on the 22nd and 29th/30th respectively

No one’s going to argue that isn’t the current statement. This is obviously going over your head. When we spoke to Height (Before this new statement), the tournament was good for 22nd and 23rd. You can quote him all day, I know what I heard on teamspeak.