Weapon talk : Sling

• Sling variation for the Archer’s Primary, very fast but lacks the damage to take down fellow archers or other melee units. Full mobility but no shield protection, a very good flincher. Can very easily combine range and melee with this setup.

Sling

! Sling
    ! Base damage: Min-Max, Type, Windup, Reload, D+R, Projectile speeds and Gravity
    ! Attack1 : 30 - 50 Blunt = 0.3/0.75 = 1.05 = 4500-5000 G: 0.6
    ! Attack2 : 25 - 70 Blunt = 0.6/0.75 = 1.35 = 5000-6000 G: 0.65
    ! Charge: Charge time, Bonus speed and max damage
    ! Attack1 : 2 = 1000 : 50
    ! Attack2 : 2 = 1000 : 70
    ! Ammunition1 : ?
    ! Ammunition2 : 25
    ! Draw Mobility : 150
    ! Facts:

Balance discussion.
    None

Weapon damage value dedicated for the weapon talk threads can be found here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ami8d_HZmYHsdDRzc1Byb3ItVWNXSFR1SURHN29TZnc#gid=82

Weapon talk : URL Threads
    http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14535

Up to date change suggestions:
    Date: None

! None

• I am always drawn to underdog choices in online games, so I have an insatiable fascination with this weapon. It’s now my go-to choice when playing as archer. I find that it is most fun to play as a sling archer either in duels or LTS in maps with lots of open space to move around in. The dragged out duels often prompts impatient players to votekick me though. But I love it when an overconfident knight chases me around with a shield, slowly killing him by throwing pebbles at his tiny little feet.

And being killed by a slinger is probably one of the most humiliating things in the game.

• I feel like the Lead Ball sling shot should have lower damage/cast slower. But that’s just my opinion.

• @-Thylacine-:

I feel like the Lead Ball sling shot should have lower damage/cast slower. But that’s just my opinion.

It does sound a bit strange asking to nerf the slingshot.

• I always felt that sling attacks should be able to ricochet. Gives it an interesting perk, and possible chain damage if hitting a target.

This would help its support ability to interrupt more attacks while having good refire.

• Very fun to play. In theory good for kiting (but screwed by chase code and the intant shot bug) - but gives you an edge in battles with less cover and melee support. Damage is far too low combined with a damage type that works least effective with low damage values (blunt). Even worse you need to charge up to just get about Shortbow damage (and the even Shortbow itself has the problem of just not doing enough damage).

Right now underpowered and even more underestimated. And underused, naturally. A weapon for people who want to have fun but not for competetive ones.

It could need some damage improvement (slight increase in minimum and maximum damage or big increase in maximum only). Also traditionally a hard to use weapon it might reach its damage peak somewhere during windup and then falling off to an intermediate value (which means you do more damage for timing your shot right instead of just charging to full and firing).

• @Evil:

Also traditionally a hard to use weapon it might reach its damage peak somewhere during windup and then falling off to an intermediate value (which means you do more damage for timing your shot right instead of just charging to full and firing).

Sounds good.

For balance I think it would be nice if all the other weapons would not hit exact when moving while the sling would.

• I think the sling should have an overhead attack (that can’t combo of course). Imagine giving a knight a sling wack to the head for a life saving flinch.

• Medieval uzi. Buff speed not damage, TB!