Administrator Abuse

• Me and a group of people were having fun on an FFA server and there were only 5 or 6 of us, we all agreed to do 1v1 and were having a great time. Then a player going by the name Pez started messing up our 1v1s and I called a votekick, everyone was for it and then he logged in as an administrator and kicked us all.

• Now you know never to go on that server again. That admin is an idiot. He’s never gonna have a full server if he kicks everyone.

And anyway his server his rules. There is no rule against hitting people doing 1v1 on an FFA server. Join a classic duel server if you want to do that.

• @Pirate21213:

Me and a group of people were having fun on an FFA server and there were only 5 or 6 of us, we all agreed to do 1v1 and were having a great time. Then a player going by the name Pez started messing up our 1v1s and I called a votekick, everyone was for it and then he logged in as an administrator and kicked us all.

So you bastardized the admins server? I guess you won’t try to kick the admin next time lol.

• @gregcau:

@Pirate21213:

Me and a group of people were having fun on an FFA server and there were only 5 or 6 of us, we all agreed to do 1v1 and were having a great time. Then a player going by the name Pez started messing up our 1v1s and I called a votekick, everyone was for it and then he logged in as an administrator and kicked us all.

So you bastardized the admins server? I guess you won’t try to kick the admin next time lol.

Sounds to me like the admin should have used his words first before being an ass. 8-)

• Although this won’t be the reply you were hoping for I’d actually side with the admin on this one: the server admins are the ones that pay for, maintain servers and choose their gamemodes. You and some friends deciding to have an impromptu duel is fair enough, but if people join the server and it’s listed as FFA, expect them to play this game as the gamemode intends. It’s irrelevant that you’re having a great time with your own specific rules.

It’d be no difference if you joined a server and were told by a few people on there that you couldn’t play MAA or they’d votekick you. Normally this wouldn’t be an issue but you had the numbers to ensure people abide to your own rules or were kicked.

Expecting everyone who joins to abide by your rules (which obviously they wouldn’t know before joining) is frankly unfair on those people and the people that run and pay for the servers. If this person wasn’t an admin, how many people looking for a game of FFA would you guys have merrily kicked before someone stopped you?

Also titling this thread ‘administrator abuse’ - I’d frankly call it votekick abuse since that’s essentially what you are your friends are doing

Finally if you must play duel then join a duel server or one of the many FFA servers that’s set up for duelling. If if there’s not enough out there or they’re not suitable by all means set one up yourself and enjoy dealing with all those people out there that are unable to abide by whatever rules you set. People like yourself :)

• Yeah the admin had the right of it.

The game is FFA. If you start kicking people who are actually playing the game properly then its you who is in the wrong. Just unfortunate the guy you kicked was an admin.

He wasn’t abusing his powers. He was upholding his rules. What you did would actually get you a ban on my servers as it would classify as votekick abuse.

• Two month bump really.