FIX THE VANGUARD

• Why even have the vanguard wear a helmet when it gives as much protection as a soggy cardboard tube. Hell just have the bastard fight in a loincloth. Get a dose of reality in this damn game. A club jabbed into a full face helm would do nothing. Not one third kill a vanguard.

• I agree. TBS, please add loincloth customization options!

• FFA_Catwalkfinal should be made to show off the new loincloths.

• @The:

A club jabbed into a full face helm would do nothing.

That made me laugh…

• Just be glad you don’t have an idle shield…

• Sometimes we trade realism for gameplay aspects. Thus why catch up mode exists.

• On that note, a club thrust into a full helm at full force could break the nose if the helm wasn’t fit correctly. It addition, it would snap the neck back, possibly causing whiplash. That said, it would be ideal to swing the club around to smash the temple area, which, if it managed to bend the helm, could cause a concussion and a knockout with a single hit.

• Have you tried playing War of the Roses? It’s not very fun when your arming sword literally bounces off every single plate armor player you try to hit.

• @Bushido:

Have you tried playing War of the Roses? It’s not very fun when your arming sword literally bounces off every single plate armor player you try to hit.

Yeah in a multiplayer environment its no fun at all.

• @Bushido:

Have you tried playing War of the Roses? It’s not very fun when your arming sword literally bounces off every single plate armor player you try to hit.

But I love being at the mercy of shoddy hit detection as I try to stab someone precisely in the eye.

• Swords bouncing off armour was frustrating. There would be Crossbowmen, in FULL PLATE, reloading, and I’d walk up to them, stab, and NOPE, bounce off, and he carries on reloading! It was as if my Sword was cardboard.

• A club jabbed into a full face helm would do nothing. Not one third kill a vanguard.

I agree, but what you ask for would require a complete rework of the in-game mechanic and perhaps a new aiming system (as it’d reward precision to avoid hitting armor with weapon that couldn’t do anything, like some swords). Then we have to rethink the whole idea of damage system: yes, a club jabbed in a full face helm wouldn’t take 1/3 of your life, but you’d take a hit and it wouldn’t “do nothing” as your head would still absorb the force of said hit. Some kind of stun and visual effect should follow.