[IN PROGRESS] - Map : CTF/LTS "Wintersun"

• Since 2 days I am working at this map, it’s my first map I have been working on.
    It’s still very in the beginning and alot has to be done, yet I want to have some feedback and suggestions and support.

As the title says, this map will be CTF and LTS.
    First, I had no idea what I should do but then I thought about my nickname “Wintersun” and I thought of making something with snow and sun. 8-)

I’ll show you here few screenshots.

This is the layout of the map:

And these are 2 screenshots shot from the north and southside of the map(not everything is shown here)

At the moment I am having issues with 1 sort of bug which annoys me quite alot.

[FIXED] Due to the flat ground, I wanted to create some little snow hills. I did it by first creating some noise and then by smoothing the place. But now the shadows/colors are so awkward and I cannot get rid of them.

Has been fixed, I was told that there was a second terrain. He was right :-D

What are your thoughts on it? Let me know! :)

• Good work man, when will it be ready to play? I want to jump in and test it out.

I agree the shadows look awkward though.

• It’s already playable right now. Spawns and gamemode work.
    Not sure if it would be really fun to play on a pretty unfinished map.

• Looks great, especially on 1st screenshot ;)

• Looks great, but whats the actual incentive to capture the flag instead of just killing each other?

• Looks good, “Winter Madness” would fit well too :D

• @Sophax:

Looks great, but whats the actual incentive to capture the flag instead of just killing each other?

Because the gamemode tells them to :P

Why would people not do the objective?

• @Wintersun:

It’s already playable right now. Spawns and gamemode work.

Just some friendly advice from an LD. The sooner you can get people playing, the better.

It’s better to find design flaws in the early stages, before you put too much time commitment into a map. You will be more open to changing things that don’t work as planned. Watching somebody else play in the early stages is invaluable.

• @Andrew:

@Wintersun:

It’s already playable right now. Spawns and gamemode work.

Just some friendly advice from an LD. The sooner you can get people playing, the better.

It’s better to find design flaws in the early stages, before you put too much time commitment into a map. You will be more open to changing things that don’t work as planned. Watching somebody else play in the early stages is invaluable.

Yes, I agree.
    I first thought of completing the layout before I let people play on it, but it sounds very reasonable to me what you’ve said there so I will give it a try if I can find a host.

Thanks for your advice. :)

• Sooo, is it ready or did you forget to release it?

• looks awesome will you finish it and upload it in the workshop ???