Allow Kick when using throwing axes/knives/bow

• Please allow kick to be used when holding throwing axes/knives/bow , it’s kinda annoying when the weapon switch isnt responsive and you need to defend yourself or buy yourself time….

• No. Unless you want me to be able to kick you and then throw a throwing axe in your face without you being able to do shit about it. Maybe I’ll do that with a Crossbow just for the one-hit kill.

• Bow yes, crossbow maybe. But with throwing weapons its not a good idea.

• Take less risks and pull out the secondary sooner ;)

• @Martin:

Take less risks and pull out the secondary sooner ;)

This.

With kick beeing used when wielding ranged weaponry you can always wait till engaged, kick and then switch.

• Realistic? Yes.

Balanced? No-ho-ho.

You need to be able to be punished for not switching to melee before an enemy reaches you.
    Ranged weapons are already incredibly (some would say excessively) powerful in this game (except for the sling of course); being able to easily defend yourself from a melee aggressor would make them flat out broken.

• Well of course if your wound up with the throwing axe or a bow it does make it unbalanced as you can shoot an arrow immediately. but……

I’m talking about pre-winding up.

I too believe kick should NOT be allowed when the bow or throwing weapon has already been wound up.

I think after a kick is initiated there should be a delay time as ‘punishment’ before an arrow/axe can be fired/thrown. But a quick switch to a primary or secondary weapon should be allowed after the kick.

I’m not trying to support any kind of leverage towards ranged classes or players wielding throwing weapons but I believe it can be achieved and somewhat balanced given the delay time before throwing a weapon. It it more of a defensive option when a player is in such a situation.

• @SkanMonk:

But a quick switch to a primary or secondary weapon should be allowed after the kick.

You seem to not get the point.
    That is if a melee reaches you and you have not switched you should be punished.