Release the patch please !

• So many people are waiting for the patch,that they refuse to play the live version.
    What this means is that: Even less cross-clan fights,people actually playing the game.
    I know fixing the problems in the beta is a complicated process and takes time,but i am slowly losing interest in the game altogether.
    Why not just release a few foolproof fixes that have been verified as good ?
    I mean we’ve been testing out the beta for a very long time,and people still argue about the first changes that were introduced.
    Customization at least ? If it’s done of course.
    I wanna change my VG into a pink monster :D !

• Customization at least ? If it’s done of course.
    I wanna change my VG into a pink monster !

Customisation is nowhere near done and is not coming in this patch.

They have said that the patch will be released this week.

• Sounds promising enough,though they have said that multiple times.

• @Shard:

Sounds promising enough,though they have said that multiple times.

Don’t think they have.

They’ll take as long with the patch as they need to get everything working.

They said from the beginning this beta patch was testing some experimental changes and release was a good while down the line.

• @JCash:

@Shard:

Sounds promising enough,though they have said that multiple times.

Don’t think they have.

They’ll take as long with the patch as they need to get everything working.

They said from the beginning this beta patch was testing some experimental changes and release was a good while down the line.

Actually i talked to Tibberius Bane 2 weeks ago,and he said: “Should be out this week”.
    So they have said it before,and while i am aware of the fact that the experimental changes need more time to perfect,why not implement the foolproof fixes that many players are waiting for,in a form of a hotfix patch.

• As far as I remember we still got the same patch for 3-4 months as far as I remember.
    There may have been patches, but I didnt notice anything that fixed the broken combat.

• They should release something soon. This game is bleeding players because of the broken mechanics.

• @Magnificent:

They should release something soon. This game is bleeding players because of the broken mechanics.

There is also the terrible community(and huge votekick problem), lack of protection from hackers, lack of content, high proportion of incredibly skilled individuals to new players - not a welcoming environment, i could go on i guess.

And none of those things are being touched by the patch.

All i’m saying is - a fix this late in the game doesn’t change anything or reverse the trends we’ve all been seeing in relation to population. It would take something a lot bigger than just fixing the game.

So, no rush on the patch. Population loss is going to be happening regardless.

• @JCash:

@Magnificent:

They should release something soon. This game is bleeding players because of the broken mechanics.

There is also the terrible community(and huge votekick problem), lack of protection from hackers, lack of content, high proportion of incredibly skilled individuals to new players - not a welcoming environment, i could go on i guess.

All i’m saying is - a fix this late in the game doesn’t change anything or reverse the trends we’ve all been seeing in relation to population. It would take something a lot bigger than just fixing the game.

Pretty much. You would have to do a fix in time (when the players were here) to achieve something. I know TBS for being extremly slow on updates and in the end the mechanics stay exactly the same or get even worse. So it really doesnt matter mechanic wise (excluding content)
    Id be surprised if they actually managed to make some things work out

• Its a band aid on a gaping neck wound.

You can hardly tell if a patch has landed or not.The only time you know is when steam starts downloading.Go in game as its incredibly hard to notice if anythings changed.I have been waiting for archers and thier melee weapons like dagger to be balanced since release.

To this day dagger still blocks maul with no drawbacks when it would snap your wrist in two just attempting to do that IRL.Hell this patch only has MAA dodge nerf for me which im happy about but what about the rest of the issues?

To be honest i have no more pity anyways.Sure the game went on sale at a good price but me and many others paid release cost of £16 and where did that money go to fixing the game? Hardly anywhere it seems as nothings changed.There still is no DX11 codepath or MSAA lol.

This is what spending revenue on items that wont improve the game gets ya.A game that slowly dies and gets whoever made it an almighty and horrible reputation to sell further games.Chivalry 2? No thanks!

• I am getting so sick and fucking tired of getting killed by weapon tracers which are behind me that I physically cannot block at all. I do not have the reaction times of a house fly on speed.

The facehug fix couldn’t come fast enough. Holy crap I am so tired of this fucking bullshit.

• The full patch will be released next week (week of the 24th).

Also, the customization will NOT be included in that patch.

• @Kimiko:

:(

• @lemonater47:

@Kimiko:

:(

Sowwy :(

• Will customization be in by end of July at least? :D

• @JCash:

@Magnificent:

It’s true. This community is a particular nasty one. People are incredibly mean and corrosive to new players, attempting to troll by telling people to hit f10. Maybe this game just draws a lot of 12 year olds.

• Developer

@Magnificent:

attempting to troll by telling people to hit f10

To be fair, I’ve seen some variation of that in probably every online game I’ve ever played.

• @CrustaceanSoup:

@Magnificent:

To be fair, I’ve seen some variation of that in probably every online game I’ve ever played.

That was once seen as a right of passage. Now its the epitome of trolling?

• It was worse in AoC XD

• @ChuckingIt:

@CrustaceanSoup:

@Magnificent:

That was once seen as a right of passage. Now its the epitome of trolling?

How about people not be dicks to people trying to learn the game. It gives the impression that the game is a hassle and that the community is hostile. This kind of behavior just turns people away, thus decreasing the player base. And oddly enough, I usually see this behavior in small, struggling online games. Beggars can’t be choosers.