Question, stamina drain on parry or just an SDK issue?

• I’ve only played live and recently installed the SDK to begin a project. I noticed that successful parrys drain stamina extremely fast; as vanguard I was totally drained after blocking only 3 hits from a knight.

Seems very unlikely but thought I’d ask. I would answer this question myself by getting the actual beta but currently you cannot have both installed and I’d have to redownload ~4-5 GB.

• It’s a simple question really.

• It really depends on what weapon that knight used.

• The SDK is on an earlier build when the stamina system had just been retooled but hadn’t yet been tweaked, the stamina drain is very high on it. We’ll eventually patch the SDK build to be on par with the live release when it’s officially released, right now it’s just there for testing the editor and custom content.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

It really depends on what weapon that knight used.

I feel like you can answer my question without that information bra.

@SlyGoat:

The SDK is on an earlier build when the stamina system had just been retooled but hadn’t yet been tweaked, the stamina drain is very high on it. We’ll eventually patch the SDK build to be on par with the live release when it’s officially released, right now it’s just there for testing the editor and custom content.

Thank god, was about to freak out.

Seriously, stamina drain seems like a terrible idea on parrys unless there is some way to gain stam back or something. I mean it’s a steep price to pay for the feint fix.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

• Developer

The SDK build is based off of a somewhat older development build of the game, so it has things we’re holding back from CU1P2 (like customization), but it’s also missing gameplay improvements that are in the current Beta.