Just got votekicked because I wasn't playing an archer

• I just played at the official 24p FFA server… There were 3 guys that probably wanted an archer only match. But I didn’t. As almost always I played vanguard and then they votekicked me.

Can’t we do anything against that votekick abuse?? We are all free to choose whatever class we want, aren’t we?

• Only thing that can be done is to contact a moderator from the official moderator’s group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/chivmod. Hopefully one would be on at that time. No one has the right to dictate how an Official server should be played. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Well that’s not your fault…
    Next time I’ll write down the name of those guys so I can report them.

• You should see how many times I get votekicked BECAUSE I play archer ^^

• Just don’t play on that server for a while until all those people leave. Votekick is abused in the most weird way possible in this game. I wouldn’t be surprised if I get a votekick vote on me, even If I did nothing insulting or wrong.

• @Unther:

Just don’t play on that server for a while until all those people leave. Votekick is abused in the most weird way possible in this game. I wouldn’t be surprised if I get a votekick vote on me, even If I did nothing insulting or wrong.

Yep just happened to me. Joined a duel server, said “hi all” and got votekicked.
    there really are some guys that should get banned from every damn server.

• yeah they need auto kick
    viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14207
    made a big ol suggestion here

• @BandOfTheHawk:

yeah they need auto kick
    viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14207
    made a big ol suggestion here

How the hell is auto kick gonna solve this problem?

Autokick will cause more harm than good.

• Okay now… I’m getting pissed off… Not on TBS but there really needs to be someone who watches the official servers…
    I was on an official low grav server. (the name didnt say lowgrav but it was)
    My team attacked me all the time. I didnt get teamkileld because of random slashes they WANTED to tk me. I complained and hot votekicked. God dammit. This is destroying my game experience! I always thought: “Play on official servers, there will be more justice than on the others.” Well I was wrong. The official servers are the most abused servers ever. Votekick abuse, teamkills, big archer teams in ffa, noone respecting the rules of duel servers…

Sorry but I’m really frustrated right now. I want to play this game because I love it. But it’s not fun getting kicked because you’re not tolerating teamkills or rulebreaking.

Please TBS do something. Thought of getting some honorable volunteers that watch your official servers for you? Play there, have fun there and kick some stupid abusers and tkers without taking your money for that?

I would volunteer myself if you did that. It’s some real CRIME what’s going on there.

Again I apologize for flaming as hell but I’m so damn angry at those guys and it’s damn hot here in my region, which makes me even less resistant to anger.

• hahaha, i think that was us, you wernt on an offical server, you were on a private server named offical server lol

• @lileasy1515:

hahaha, i think that was us, you wernt on an offical server, you were on a private server named offical server lol

and why is it called official?

• because we named it that

• @lileasy1515:

because we named it that

Unfortunately there is nothing stopping people from naming their server what they please. I have ran into a few imposter Official servers as well.

• @ChuckingIt:

Unfortunately there is nothing stopping people from naming their server what they please. I have ran into a few imposter Official servers as well.

Sad, wouldnt be a big deal to forbid the word official for servernames.

Even sader that some people try to abuse everything they find. Is it fun for you destroying other peoples fun by doing stupid stuff like that?

Back on topic its really a question of what we want. I think its good that players can police themselfs. Id rather be votekicked a couple of times cause people are assholes instead of having something like a hacker running rampage for days or people abusing eploits like crazy just cause the automated system doesnt recognize it and we have no way to get rid of them.

• @Towe:

Back on topic its really a question of what we want. I think its good that players can police themselfs. Id rather be votekicked a couple of times cause people are assholes instead of having something like a hacker running rampage for days or people abusing exploits like crazy just cause the automated system doesnt recognize it and we have no way to get rid of them.

Yup this is the reason why votekick will never be removed. Feeling helpless to a hacker is something players should never have to endure. Power to the people!

• @ChuckingIt:

@Towe:

Back on topic its really a question of what we want. I think its good that players can police themselfs. Id rather be votekicked a couple of times cause people are assholes instead of having something like a hacker running rampage for days or people abusing exploits like crazy just cause the automated system doesnt recognize it and we have no way to get rid of them.

Yup this is the reason why votekick will never be removed. Feeling helpless to a hacker is something players should never have to endure. Power to the people!

Well I never said I want it to be removed. You guys are right.
    But there should be some people on the official servers, that can maybe cancel an unfair votekick, kick people themselves, etc. Well… Admins :D Or admins’ assisstants. It would be a nice way to keep the server clean from Votekickabuse, at least when an admin is there.

Well…I guess I can speak of luck that I didn’t get kicked for “hacking” yet. There are always some dumb people that call everyone who kills them a hacker -.-

• @Peter:

@ChuckingIt:

@Towe:

Well I never said I want it to be removed. You guys are right.
    But there should be some people on the official servers, that can maybe cancel an unfair votekick, kick people themselves, etc. Well… Admins :D Or admins’ assisstants. It would be a nice way to keep the server clean from Votekickabuse, at least when an admin is there.

Well…I guess I can speak of luck that I didn’t get kicked for “hacking” yet. There are always some dumb people that call everyone who kills them a hacker -.-

All us mods here have Admin powers on Official servers. If you’re encountering trouble, simply add us temporarily from the Steamgroup in my Sig, (if we’re online of course), and we can come help.

We can’t be sat IN the servers 100% of the time though as any modding duties come out of our own personal time (voluntarily). Also us sat in there watching it would take up a slot heh. I do play on Official servers when I have a blast at Chiv now and then though. :)

• alright I’ll do that next time.

• yea they gotta just change it to an autokick based on team damage/team hits / seconds afk

As well as ping/archer limits on all official servers.

we await sanity.

• @JCash:

yea they gotta just change it to an autokick based on team damage/team hits / seconds afk

As well as ping/archer limits on all official servers.

we await sanity.

Autokick is the biggest sh** ever. I remember that damn stuff when playing Battlefield 1942 some years ago. Many innocent players got kicked.