Thing that NEED to be addressed!

• A list of things for you to do:
    *MAKE AN OPTION FOR SERVER OWNERS TO TURN OFF TEAMDAMAGE! I have plenty of matches in which half of my deaths are because of my teammates. Having a score of 14-2, but those 2 deaths being because of teammates sucks.
    *Buff archers (both it’s bows and secondary weapons)
    It takes at least 3 hits to kill a knight which is absolutely impossible to pull off.
    It should be made easier to hit a target. You can use all your arrows and hit nothing. The hitboxes are absolutely terrible!
    *Nerf knights
    The combination of the really good weapons (like the Sword of War) and the armor makes them extremely overpowered.
    *Remove feinting
    It’s just annoying, skilless and adds absolutely nothing to the game experience.
    *Remove one-hit kills
    You’re walking up the hill to get killed instantly by a Knight or Vanguard. Just utter madness!

• I disagree with each of your assertions, apart from the “Team damage” one. This is already possible, I believe.

• @guusert:

A list of things for you to do:
    *MAKE AN OPTION FOR SERVER OWNERS TO TURN OFF TEAMDAMAGE! I have plenty of matches in which half of my deaths are because of my teammates. Having a score of 14-2, but those 2 deaths being because of teammates sucks.
    It takes at least 3 hits to kill a knight which is absolutely impossible to pull off.
    It should be made easier to hit a target. You can use all your arrows and hit nothing. The hitboxes are absolutely terrible!
    *Nerf knights
    The combination of the really good weapons (like the Sword of War) and the armor makes them extremely overpowered.
    *Remove feinting
    It’s just annoying, skilless and adds absolutely nothing to the game experience.
    *Remove one-hit kills
    You’re walking up the hill to get killed instantly by a Knight or Vanguard. Just utter madness!

You can already change your team damage >.>

Search for: fServerTeamDamagePercent=0.500000

It defaults to .500000 which is 50% team damage.

Not sure about your other stuff, but you might want to check out the beta app, as that’s where the latest updates are, which will be released to the live next week.

Feints will NEVER be removed, but they have been worked on, which you would see if you’d check out the beta and the beta feedback forum.

• HahahahahaHAHAHAHAHahahahaha…

• If you think it’s to hard to 3 shot a knight, pick bodkin arrows and you can easily 2 shot them.
    And it seems as if teamdamage is already possible to change.

• you don’t play an archer per chance LOL?

buff archer, nerf knight?

archer post.

when he switches to secondary he gets feinted and then dead. he does not care for feinting.

when he shoots he misses. necessary to up the damage for when he does hit. someone give him an aimbot so it’s easier to hit.

bro doesn’t know how to shortsword poke.

• Wow I didn’t know there was an option for server owners to turn team damage off. I haven’t been able to find any server with team damage turned off which is kinda weird looking at how annoying getting killed by teammates is.

Archers are underpowered in every way. I never see an archer get to the top of the scoreboard. Right now there’s NO reason to play as an archer. I already use Bodkin arrows and I still need to hit Knights 3 times.
    “you don’t play an archer per chance LOL?” Of course I don’t. Why would I? The class is absolutely useless!

“when he switches to secondary he gets feinted and then dead. he does not care for feinting.” I don’t understand what you’re saying.

• if team damage was not on, there would just be slashing EVERYWHERE

• That’s already what happens, only with team damage on you are getting hit by teammates.

• you don’t understand though, CERTAIN people slash around now, most people try not to hit teammates but just do out of lack of skill or just accidents really. Best players hit teammates. BUt if you don’t have team damage and there’s no fear of hitting teammates, then it would become a numbers battle. People would swing through teammates to get to you. Would probably only work if team flinch was on and team damage off. Otherwise… it’s just a bigger slashfest than you have ever seen.

• I usually always see an archer on top of the scoreboard every round, only 1 out of -insert number- though. Sometimes there are a few of them.

• @clayton-bigsby:

you don’t understand though, CERTAIN people slash around now, most people try not to hit teammates but just do out of lack of skill or just accidents really. Best players hit teammates. BUt if you don’t have team damage and there’s no fear of hitting teammates, then it would become a numbers battle. People would swing through teammates to get to you. Would probably only work if team flinch was on and team damage off. Otherwise… it’s just a bigger slashfest than you have ever seen.

I already understood that, though I think it won’t be much of a difference. People already do that if they’re close enough to strike their enemy. If you’re behind a teammate you can’t just slash through him and hit the enemy standing 1m in front of your teammate. So people will go on just like they normally would.
    @Xylvion:

I usually always see an archer on top of the scoreboard every round, only 1 out of -insert number- though. Sometimes there are a few of them.

“I usually always” Right… It looks like you don’t even know what you’re talking about yourself. No, you don’t see archers on top of the scoreboard. It simply doesn’t happen.
    I would like to see the stats of archers vs knights. I think archers don’t even get half the K/D-ratio of a Knight.

• Teamdmg is one of the reasons its possible to win a 1vs2 against non retarded opponents.

With no teamdg they could just charge you like crazy and you couldnt deal with it by footworking as you can now.

• @Towe:

Teamdmg is one of the reasons its possible to win a 1vs2 against non retarded opponents.

With no teamdg they could just charge you like crazy and you couldnt deal with it by footworking as you can now.

It wouldn’t change a thing.

• @guusert:

*Nerf knights
    *Remove feinting
    *Remove one-hit kills

I agree with removing feint, those that defend feint are players that absolutely NEED feint to get around a block because they are not skilled enough to find another way to get around a block. Even good timing can get around a block but bad players rely on it as a crutch instead of learning to play.

• @guusert:

*Nerf knights
    *Remove feinting
    *Remove one-hit kills

I’m… I’m sorry, but was this post meant to be a joke? Have you really, REALLY played the game? I don’t honestly think you have if you believe anything you just said…

Let me just break it down for a moment.

I… I can’t… I just…

*Buff archers

No. Just no.

Alright… Obviously you haven’t been playing very long. The archer is, for all intents and purposes, over-overpowered at present. A nerf, if anything, would be in order, not a buff. It’s not that hard to hit your target, it’s so easy in fact that I accidentally head-shot knights when I’m firing half absent-mindedly into the enemy crowd.

Even if you can’t manage to get a head-shot very often, you’re meant to be a support character as an Archer. You’re not meant to go Rambo the field and kill everything easily. Which you can, by the way. It need not be any easier to hit a target, it’s already too easy. Of course, you can miss every shot but the same could be said about guns, throwing knives, throwing axes, rotten tomatoes and small rocks. Your aim is what matters, the hitboxes are wonderful… for the Archer at least…

Then, as for the secondaries; they are just that. Secondary. Meaning, they come after your Primary. They are your last resort/panic situation weapon. Your Archer should not go toe-to-toe in a sword fight with a Knight or anyone else who is not an Archer for that matter. That would be silly.

But, on that note, the Archer is again, overpowered. I have won sword fights with Knights and Men-At-Arms using the Archer’s secondary. It just takes a little fancy-footwork and some finesse.

Moving on…

*Nerf knights

The combination of powerful weaponry and heavy armor doesn’t make the Knights overpowered. It makes them KNIGHTS, which, though it may come as a surprise to you, are a big part of Medieval warfare. Which just so happens to be what this game is about. In fact, ‘Chivalry’ was the code of, you guessed it: Knights.

On that note, the Knights are quite well balanced in movement speed and attack speed. I don’t remember a time where I could outrun an Archer with my Knight.

Moving right along…

*Remove feinting
    *Remove one-hit kills

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say that you get killed a lot. Would that be a fair assumption?

I am not going to address feinting as it’s not going away, no matter what, whether you like it or not.

As for the one-hit kills… I want you to activate your imagination juices for a second and visualize with me:

You’re walking up a hill, in real life. You’re casually strolling up this hill enjoying the scenery. Due to your obvious lack of situational awareness, you don’t notice the @#$%ing Knight, fully armored, barreling down at you at a whole ONE AND A HALF MILES-PER-HOUR!!! So, you continue up the hill, perhaps humming or whistling a nice tune. Got a little skip in your step, humming your troubles away. Suddenly, a MOTHER@#$%ING WARHAMMER CRUSHES YOUR BLOODY SKULL IN! Your life-less body falls limp and bloody, crumpled to the ground at the feet of the Knight you neglected to notice somehow. The Knight (who is actually a rather charming fellow) sees another victim in the distance, “Tally-ho!” he shouts, leaping over your rotting corpse in a single bound. He runs off to further conquest as his faithful side-kick follows close in pursuit, clapping together two halves of a coconut to make it sound like the Knight is riding a horse.

Meanwhile, your blood-soaked corpse silently curses physics and reality, such a cruel mistress is fate! How could she doom you to die in one single hit? That warhammer was only twice the size of your skull, it couldn’t possibly have killed you in one single, powerful strike! Could it?

Alas! You realize the error of your ways! In the distance you hear the Knight shout “Have at thee!” and the sounds of battle commence between the Knight and the much more aware denizen of the bottom-of-the-hill area. Twas not the cruel mistress fate that betrayed you, but your own senses! Had you but seen the Knight as he loudly charged you down, then mayhaps you could have fled the scene on your swift archer feet and fired from afar!?

[TO SEE HOW THIS WOULD HAVE WORKED IF YOU HAD SEEN THE KNIGHT, TURN TO PAGE [6]]

Now, do you understand the importance of ones’ own self awareness? One-hit kills are a reality of gaming, no matter what you play. As for a game about Medieval Warfare, I’d be pretty pissed if my sword didn’t cut off a mans head and kill him in one hit when I struck the base of his neck with my mighty blade.

I hope that was all easy enough for you to understand. Good day, sir. ^_^

• Only the fact that you say that are NOT OVERPOWERED! BUT (&(%^ OVERPOWERED is saying enough… You must have not played the game at all or you’re just an archer hater for some dumb reason. Archers do terrible damage, can’t hit for shit, have awful sidearms, get instantly killed and always get raped by silly knights who pick off archers because they’re easy targets (are weak and have horrible sidearms). It doesn’t matter which class you choose, you always have a support role since you need to help your team to win the game. The archer doesn’t have more of a support role than other classes have. They just need to kill guys like the others. And even if it they had a special role like in BF3 (dropping medkits) they should be able to get a decent score nonetheless. You should play as an archer and come back and describe your experience of getting a horrible K/D-ratio and getting raped by knights all the time. I don’t think you would be happy at all with the class. I know you don’t play as an archer and that’s why you have no right to discuss it.

You fail to see the difference between life and a game. Balance is way more important in a game than realism. That’s something many people forget. This game isn’t realistic anyway and it would only ruin the whole balance if it would be.

• Archers are fine.
    Feinting is being addressed next patch.

What a strange sort of thread.

• My tip is to pick a Vanguard or Man at arms, equip the short sword and practice stab-overhead combos until you can slay people with consistency. Then go back to archer, equip shortsword and do the same thing with bonus ranged ability and backstab damage. The deadliest way to play archer is to get 1-2 arrows into your target then finish them with another 1-2 shortsword strikes.

• @guusert:

Only the fact that you say that are NOT OVERPOWERED! BUT (&(%^ OVERPOWERED is saying enough… You must have not played the game at all or you’re just an archer hater for some dumb reason. Archers do terrible damage, can’t hit for shit, have awful sidearms, get instantly killed and always get raped by silly knights who pick off archers because they’re easy targets (are weak and have horrible sidearms). It doesn’t matter which class you choose, you always have a support role since you need to help your team to win the game. The archer doesn’t have more of a support role than other classes have. They just need to kill guys like the others. And even if it they had a special role like in BF3 (dropping medkits) they should be able to get a decent score nonetheless. You should play as an archer and come back and describe your experience of getting a horrible K/D-ratio and getting raped by knights all the time. I don’t think you would be happy at all with the class. I know you don’t play as an archer and that’s why you have no right to discuss it.

You fail to see the difference between life and a game. Balance is way more important in a game than realism. That’s something many people forget. This game isn’t realistic anyway and it would only ruin the whole balance if it would be.

Excuse me? Alright, you clearly didn’t read half of what I wrote. Was it too dense reading for you? Should I thin it out a bit?

First off, don’t ever tell me what I do and what I don’t do. I wouldn’t say the Archer is over-powered if I hadn’t played it. Archer has been one of my most played classes since Age of Chivalry, the other top class of mine being the Knight. I’m well aware of the strengths and weaknesses of both.

! [image:h6pix5vh]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/170/4/2/just_something_for_a_forum_reply_1_by_apple303-d69s72l.png[/image:h6pix5vh]
    ! [image:h6pix5vh]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/170/c/8/just_something_for_a_forum_reply_2_by_apple303-d69s751.png?1[/image:h6pix5vh]
    ! [image:h6pix5vh]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/170/3/5/just_something_for_a_forum_reply_3_by_apple303-d69s708.png[/image:h6pix5vh]
    ! [image:h6pix5vh]http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/170/4/c/just_something_for_a_forum_reply_4_by_apple303-d69s6oe.png[/image:h6pix5vh]
    ! [image:h6pix5vh]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/170/2/9/just_something_for_a_forum_reply_5_by_apple303-d69s6g5.png[/image:h6pix5vh]

The Archer’s damage output is SPEC-FUCKIN’-TACKULAR especially combined with the speed that all of the weapons can be used (save for the crossbow, which takes the already magnificent damage to a whole new level). Similarly, the side-arms are so damn quick that you can effectively stop any other class from being able to attack.

If you can’t hit for shit, it’s not the Archer classes fault, YOU can’t hit for shit.

Second up, comparing this game to Battlefield just shows how foolish your viewpoint on how this game should work is. By support I mean that you are meant to:
    -Weaken enemies before they get to the melee fighters
    -Help finish off enemies that are getting the best of your men
    -Cover objectives either defending them or helping your assaulting melee fighters attack them

You are not meant to get kills as the archer. No one archer should be an army killer, the fact is that in this game, THEY ARE. In the pictures above I played as the Archer for my first game back after a month or two. I alternated between each of the load-out choices available to me and killed bloody everyone. I’m not even very good at it, that’s how over-powered it is. In the later pictures, the man who just barely surpasses me in score was the guy I was standing behind near the end, helping him get kills to defend the objective.

Like the Archer is supposed to.

You’re right, the game isn’t balanced. The Archers are too good.

By the way, not a single Knight touched me that game. I was killed by other archers and one Man-At-Arms guy that got close to me with a Vanguard at his side. I did however head-shot and kill 6 knights OVER THEIR SHIELDS.

In case you couldn’t tell, that’s ONE-HIT KILLS. You know, like Knights do to you all the time? Please get better at what your doing instead of blaming the game for your deaths. You know what else didn’t kill me yet today? Feigning attacks. The game has it’s flaws, but it is pretty well put together as-is. Every suggestion you made (with exception of the debatable feigning attack) would further off-balance the game, not fix it.