MAA Dodge

• I find that the dodge for MAA is a bit overpowered. There needs to be more of a delay on it. It is a problem to the point where I observed someone getting kicked from the game because he was “teleporting” up the hill on hillside using dodge.

• To me it seems the only problem with dodge is the spammers.

I can see people dont think its fair when a MAA dodges in for the hit, then dodges out before you can even get out the fastest riposte.

Do you have any other problems with dodge? Cause I think this could easily be dealt with by adding a cooldown of 1 or 2 sec. Would be much better than the cant attack during dodge solution, since you could then choose wether you want to use it aggresively (dodge in, have to parry/block) or defensively (attack normally and can dodge out).

• Oh boy. Dodging isn’t an issue people. Learn from the players who don’t have trouble playing against dodge happy Maas. There a quite a few recorded scrims you could watch to pick up some pointers. Go play on duel servers or competitive servers. This is not an easy game to pick up. You either want to learn or you fall behind and get slaughtered. If all this nerf crying continues pretty soon we won’t even have weapons, we will be pillow fighting.

• MAA is getting a dodge nerf coupled with a movement buff in the next beta patch if anyone is interested.

• @BB:

MAA is getting a dodge nerf coupled with a movement buff in the next beta patch if anyone is interested.

Totaly not OP lolol

• @Sophax:

Totaly not OP lolol

You’ll have to be more specific in what is totally not OP.

• @BB:

@Sophax:

Totaly not OP lolol

You’ll have to be more specific in what is totally not OP.

If I do that I then I’m stuck with you until eternity :^)

• @Sophax:

If I do that I then I’m stuck with you until eternity :^)

Lucky you huh? ;]

• I think its probably less of a question if its OP, but if its fun.

The dodge in strike dodge out tactic where the defender cant even riposte is a no fun style of gameplay imo. Thats why I would go with a cooldown so the MAA has to at least parry the riposte if he was parried when dodging in.

I think its great that dodge gets nerfed a bit and that beeing compensated with faster movement speed, since I think the MAA shouldnt be all about dodging. Do we know how much the speedincrease will be?

• @Towe:

I think its probably less of a question if its OP, but if its fun.

Yeah that pretty much why I’m okay with this change. I am going to miss dodging around during combos to fight multiple people though.

@Towe:

Do we know how much the speedincrease will be?

Yeah gimme a sec.

Man-at-Arms base speed increased by 10% (no change to max sprint speed, but this brings your base sprint speed almost as high as a knight’s max sprint speed)
    Man-at-Arms strafe speed from .9 to .95 and back speed from .85 to .9 (back speed is almost as fast as archer forward speed, strafe is faster)
    Man-at-Arms sprint acceleration increased by 33% (only effects how fast it takes to reach maximum sprint speed)

• @Towe:

The dodge in strike dodge out tactic where the defender cant even riposte is a no fun style of gameplay imo.

This is exactly the most effective Vanguard tactic now. Sprint around, hit people with long sword, turn and run away - no chance to hit back, even if you blocked because he is already out of reach.
    Dodge in and out Maas run quickly out of stamina, Vanguards dont…

• Agree, thats why I want sprint beeing stopped when you get parried.

Is this coming?

Thx for the numbers BB, cant wait to try that when it hits live…

• @KingKarl2:

This is exactly the most effective Vanguard tactic now. Sprint around, hit people with long sword, turn and run away - no chance to hit back, even if you blocked because he is already out of reach.

That will no longer exist with the new patch.

@KingKarl2:

Dodge in and out Maas run quickly out of stamina, Vanguards dont…

If MaA use their dodge right, then their enemy will run out of stamina way before them. If you do it right you can force a miss combo feint parry with 1 back dodge. That is 30 stam + parry (about another 10 stam, depends on the weapons) versus 15 stam for the MaA.

• Sprint around, hit people with long sword, turn and run away - no chance to hit back, even if you blocked because he is already out of reach.

Block, run and then hit, this even works with the maul, the vang can only block, he can’t run from it, dancing is really nothing OP, this don’t work vs very good players, the ability of dancing is just fine and give to the vang a special thing.

MAA is getting a dodge nerf coupled with a movement buff in the next beta patch if anyone is interested.

Seeing the speed buff this look interesting but then what’s the dodge nerf for compense that :> ?

Edit : and yh what is strafe speed exactly ?

• I don’t like the dodge forward either but still before even considering some tweaks to it, it is imperative to FIX to dodge. Because, you know, dodge is totally broken/bugged since different weapons and weapon combinations have very different dodge (not in a logical way btw) distances.

• @Towe:

Agree, thats why I want sprint beeing stopped when you get parried.

Is this coming?

Thx for the numbers BB, cant wait to try that when it hits live…

Why do I have to repeat myself so much…

The vanguard knockback pretty much makes dancing irrelevant. Technically this is a buff to vanguards, and a nerf to archer melee and MAA. Speed changes most likely will be irrelevant with the lockout in play.

• @Towe:

To me it seems the only problem with dodge is the spammers.

I can see people dont think its fair when a MAA dodges in for the hit, then dodges out before you can even get out the fastest riposte.

Do you have any other problems with dodge? Cause I think this could easily be dealt with by adding a cooldown of 1 or 2 sec. Would be much better than the cant attack during dodge solution, since you could then choose wether you want to use it aggresively (dodge in, have to parry/block) or defensively (attack normally and can dodge out).

thats IS the point of a maa, u get close then get far not to get hit, not get close then feel the wrath of an angry knight who doesn’t know how to block -_-

• I fthe point of MAA is only to abuse dodge the most he can this is bad game design imo.

No class should solely be about one ability/tactic…

• @Towe:

I fthe point of MAA is only to abuse dodge the most he can this is bad game design imo.

No class should solely be about one ability/tactic…

It’s simple: knights have armor, vanguards have range, archers have ranged and men at arms have dodge. Would you say a knight abuses armor by trading hits with less armored opponents? Would you say that a vanguard abuses his range by swinging that zwei? Dodge is what makes maa what it is, without dodge, maa would be like an archer without arrows.