Please TornBanner save the game!

• This game is sooo great, please focus on improving performance.

All the balancing and adding content is great, but the most important thing should be to fight the lag. Maybe its because I get better, maybe because I play MAA without dodgespamming, but I see myself more and more serverhopping till I finally find one that runs smooth or quit…

Im from the EU btw.

• You mean server lag or FPS performance?

• If its server lag where abouts do you live.

• I feel FPS is the main problem. If you don’t have a really good computer you can’t play the game on anything but low settings, if you have a below-average computer you can’t run it at all.

• I believe they leased some Multiplay servers, the serverlag is there for everyone.

• Since it can be dealt with by switching servers I guess its serverlag.

What happens is that sometimes it just feels smooth and I tend to hit most of my overheads and stabs and sometimes I cant hit shit. Its not me, since I can just search for another smooth server and Ill hit again.

I think it also depends on the players. Seems if a player enters and the system cannot establish a good connection from me to him it can cause this. I dont know about the engine, but I know other games where it was like that.

The biggest problem I see with this is that the official servers are almost always lagging, and theyre the ones promoting the game. This could very well be the cause of half the complaints about blocking not working or actions beeing impossible to read.

• @Towe:

Since it can be dealt with by switching servers I guess its serverlag.

What happens is that sometimes it just feels smooth and I tend to hit most of my overheads and stabs and sometimes I cant hit shit. Its not me, since I can just search for another smooth server and Ill hit again.

I think it also depends on the players. Seems if a player enters and the system cannot establish a good connection from me to him it can cause this. I dont know about the engine, but I know other games where it was like that.

The biggest problem I see with this is that the official servers are almost always lagging, and theyre the ones promoting the game. This could very well be the cause of half the complaints about blocking not working or actions beeing impossible to read.

What kind of ping you getting in these servers?

• @Towe:

Since it can be dealt with by switching servers I guess its serverlag.

Are you playing on official multiplay servers?

• @ChuckingIt:

Doesnt seem to matter.

Id say 30 to 90 but to be on the safe side lets say 60-100 not more for sure.

Could also be the amount of players. Would that be because my comp isnt good enough? Its 2.3GHz quad with 3.25 Gig Ram and a GForce 9600.

If it is the amount and its not me, maybe some 10player official servers could be established…

• @Towe:

@ChuckingIt:

Doesnt seem to matter.

Id say 30 to 90 but to be on the safe side lets say 60-100 not more for sure.

Could also be the amount of players. Would that be because my comp isnt good enough? Its 2.3GHz quad with 3.25 Gig Ram and a GForce 9600.

If it is the amount and its not me, maybe some 10player official servers could be established…

Your specs definitely are on the lower end. Have you done a “stat fps” and do “stat unit”(in console) to see what fps you are getting and what your CPU load and GPU load are?

• Some of the official servers have been legitimately lagging, but only recently as far as I know. I believe TB is looking into it.

How long has this been going on?

• In my experience it has been only a recent development, like within a month. I don’t remember having lag, like it sometimes does now, 3 months ago.

• I’m sure OP is not talking about FPS or ping, but about server lag. I have the same problem sometimes.

Although my computer is definitely above average (100 fps with maximum settings) and my ping is correct (30 to 80, and no packet loss) I experience some lag once in a while. I’m certain it is server side. What happens is that I teleport.
    Let’s say I run straight, every 5 seconds I will do a little teleporting hop (half a meter or 1 meter hop).
    It is so annoying…

• @Babar:

I’m sure OP is not talking about FPS or ping, but about server lag. I have the same problem sometimes.

Although my computer is definitely above average (100 fps with maximum settings) and my ping is correct (30 to 80, and no packet loss) I experience some lag once in a while. I’m certain it is server side. What happens is that I teleport.
    Let’s say I run straight, every 5 seconds I will do a little teleporting hop (half a meter or 1 meter hop).
    It is so annoying…

The multiplay servers aren’t as good. Though if you have over 80 ping you do start noticing some ping lag.

When I say not as good the oceanic servers are dominated with 25 servers all owned by one company. And their servers are good servers. Also well moderated. But moderated behind the scenes. And heir reputation from other games keeps many dicks and hackers at bay. They’ed rather go on an official or private server. Servers that are mostly moderated in game rather than relying on reports.

• @ChuckingIt:

Your specs definitely are on the lower end. Have you done a “stat fps” and do “stat unit”(in console) to see what fps you are getting and what your CPU load and GPU load are?

Ill try that.

To me it seems it became worse recently. There was always lags, but only in the last couple of weeks I often had the feel I had no chance hitting these runby instead of parry players with an overhead…

• If only I knew how to open console ´`’^~ all didnt work for me…
    Got a german keyboard btw.

• @Towe:

If only I knew how to open console ´`’^~ all didnt work for me…

Get a standard keyboard then if you want to type in German either. Swap keyboards or get a virtual German keyboard.

• No.

• @Towe:

If only I knew how to open console ´`’^~ all didnt work for me…

Ah man… I’ve ran into this problem with another German. But I can’t for the life of me remember how I got that console open. I shall look into it.

Edit: did you press
    Shift + ^
    or
    Shift + ~

Try all the possibilities with shift and one of those buttons. If not, we can add a keybind in the config for it.

• Think Itried all that (when it wasnt working I tried all the keys I could think of with shift, alt, altgr, str…).

Is there a way to edit some config file so I can just set it to something simple like ‘k’?

Funny thing is in my 4 month of chivalry I opened it twice per accident, but I cant remember how…