Orchestra

• Wouldn’t it be cool and funky to have an entire new class that specifies in playing instruments? Their primaries would be… well see the “Single Instruments” spoiler to see all of my ideas for the primaries. Their secondaries would be one-handed axes and daggers. We shouldn’t leave these poor music players un-equipped, wouldn’t you think?

Each instruments will have a different effects towards friendlies AND enemies, if combined.

Single instrument

! Flute, Whistle and Trumpet will increase the stamina of teammates but the friendlies will then be incapable of sprinting for a good 30 seconds because of the aftereffect of the flute.
    !
    ! Lute, Ukulele and Mandolin will give them a minor damage boost. Good for crowd control but the friendlies will then have a weakness effect on them for 20 seconds. Making it so will disable their resistance to normal on every weapons. For example: Knights. Their weakness will become both Blade AND Blunt. Using blunts on a weakened knight will do the same damage as if the music wasn’t played at all.
    !
    ! Harps and Celtic Harps will give them a regeneration boost but will give them a disadvantage of every class being slow like the Knight. Regeneration will make them recover more quickly than usual. Good for healing heavily damaged troops.
    !
    ! Drum, Snare Drum and Dholaks will add the “Almost dead” black and white effects to the enemies.

Right clicking with the instrument will pull up a menu that shows # music(s). Left clicking will play the selected music. Overhead will whack the enemy in the face and stagger him, giving the chance to change weapon and fight back. Stabbing does the same thing as Overhead but will not stagger the opponent.

Make sure to protect these music players when they’re performing because if they’re killed, you will have a mere 5 seconds of music’s effect left before the aftereffect comes in.

To make sure the Orchestra isn’t an overpowered teamwork class: When they play their music, they won’t be able to walk very fast. I did say walk and not run. So they’re open for attack if no teammates is around. And to prevent Orchestras to be ridiculously overpowered in Duel and FFA, the effects of the music doesn’t affect the Orchestra himself.

They’re as fast as archers and their resistance is the same as the Archer aswell. If the music keeps playing, the effect will still be in play. Once the music stops because the player stopped or… he got shot in the nob, then the aftereffect will soon come.

Hitting an Orchestra with a projectile will make it so the instruments make a false note and the music stops for not long. After the “for not long” the music will continue playing. Hitting an Orchestra with a melee will completely stop the music. Better protect these people!

Combined instruments

! Flute & Drums will add a speed and regeneration boost. Aftereffects are: Complete loss of stamina and inability of swinging weapons for 10 seconds.
    !
    ! Mandolin & Flute will add a strong resistance boost. Making them more capable of resisting both Blade and Blunt death blows. There is no aftereffects but the song can only be played once. Killing some enemies without dying as an Orchestra will make it so you can play that song again.
    !
    ! That is all I can think of right now, I apologize.

I had this idea because Mount & Blade had performers in their game and people were having a fun time using 'em. The time has come for Chivalry to have some funky music that we can play.

I recommend using Adrian von Ziegler’s music. Here’s one of his work that could be used for Mandolin & Flute combo. Of course you should ask permission first ;).

! [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dOpd30QapA[/media]

I searched “Orchestra” and all It came up with is Red Orchestra 2 so I apologize if this was already been suggested.

Thanks for giving it a read ~

• it should be a modification. how the game is atm it wont fit in i believe.

good idea tho.

• Well, I firstly commend the thought that has gone into this, its quite a cool idea. I sort of want to like it, and i really have to apologise for being a shit but…

Its a bit ridiculous. I mean, I’d have an absolute blast chasing a little annoying plinking ukulele player around with a maul but I really dont think this is a direction TB are ever going to consider.

Im sort of laughing at the madness of this idea, but I dont want to be a dick either, cus its kinda well thought out. Dont really know what to say! Are you high?

Equally, to add more hallucinogens to this crack-pit: you missed bagpipes. I want to run around with a vast basket hilted claymore and draughty kilt, an enormous ginger beard and a bloodstained bonnet, shrieking OCH AYE CRIVEN NOOOOO YE WEEEE BAIIIIRN ARRRRR, with the delightful music of a marching band of screaming bagpipes, and do the highland skirl on the corpses of my split foes. We could have haggis as a smoke bomb - and upon slapping the floor, a foul visible stench seeps out like green smoke, obscuring all. Blue face paint.

But no Mel Gibson. He’s shit.

Mod.

• I would vote yes, if it wouldnt have any effect on battle.

As a fun thing its cool, but I dont want buffs and the like in chiv.

• @Triumphant:

Well, I firstly commend the thought that has gone into this, its quite a cool idea. I sort of want to like it, and i really have to apologise for being a shit but…

Its a bit ridiculous. I mean, I’d have an absolute blast chasing a little annoying plinking ukulele player around with a maul but I really dont think this is a direction TB are ever going to consider.

Im sort of laughing at the madness of this idea, but I dont want to be a dick either, cus its kinda well thought out. Dont really know what to say! Are you high?

Love you too.

@Triumphant:

you missed bagpipes.

There’s no real classes from Scotland in this game. Bagpipes will be out of place.

@Towe:

I would vote yes, if it wouldnt have any effect on battle.

As a fun thing its cool, but I dont want buffs and the like in chiv.

I added the buffs because I didn’t want to make a suggestion that was based JUST on Mount & Blade: Napoleonic Wars. I wanted to add something from my own little goblin mind.

• Your instruments are a little exoctic. And some don’t get invented until later.

Secular music was rising but music wasn’t played on the battlefield. Except for drums. And back en th didn’t actually have orchestras. 4 people playing at once was a pretty big performance back then.

Instead of he trumpet it should just be a horn. As the trumpet wasn’t invented.

And you miss out the aerophones. Bagpipes are a type aerophone. They were being used for over 1000 years before. In fact there’s quite good evedence that the Hittites used them in 1000 BC so the bagpipe could be 3000 years old.

I don’t junk instruments should give any combat bonuses. As in mount and blade it actually gives the player a boost without any programming. It gives the player a sense of awesomeness as he’saeching with the drums by his side.

And I wouldn’t use that guys music. 1. Becuase it sounds like he used Sibelius sounds and 2 if you use actual real medieval music you don’t need to worry about copyright at all. There was no copyright law back then and they aren’t covered by the current law.

• @Triumphant:

Mod.

I think those were my exact same thoughts when i read the op. :D

• @Unther:

There’s no real classes from Scotland in this game. Bagpipes will be out of place.

Considering the Claymore is a Scottish weapon I don’t see why bagpipes wouldn’t fit :D