Kickvoting on FFA

• TL;DR - This shouldn’t happen.

A real concern I have while having a good game of FFA is people voting to kick me or others simply for being too good or for “hacking.” I find this really frustrating and I don’t actually think this sort of power shouldn’t be in the hands of nerd-ragers, simply put. But anyway, I will see how the poll turns out. Ultimately, there really is no reason to have the ability to kick vote anyone on FFA because… well… they can’t teamkill.

• Removing votekick outright wouldn’t be a very good idea. It’s still needed in FFA for when actual hackers join the server.

That said the current votekick system is pretty damn retarded right now. It’s especially bad in FFA when people will vote yes just because it gets rid of the guy at the top of the scoreboard so they have a better chance of winning.

They need to make it so that it takes more than one person selecting vote to kick on the menu to actually start a vote. That way people aren’t going to just mindless agree to kick someone when they need to exert some effort into starting the kick, it gives the person being voted on more time to plead their case compared to the 30 seconds when people usually vote without a second thought in the first 5 seconds, and it still remains viable for kicking people who legitimately need to be kicked.

• @David:

Removing votekick outright wouldn’t be a very good idea. It’s still needed in FFA for when actual hackers join the server.

That said the current votekick system is pretty damn retarded right now. It’s especially bad in FFA when people will vote yes just because it gets rid of the guy at the top of the scoreboard so they have a better chance of winning.

They need to make it so that it takes more than one person selecting vote to kick on the menu to actually start a vote. That way people aren’t going to just mindless agree to kick someone when they need to exert some effort into starting the kick, it gives the person being voted on more time to plead their case compared to the 30 seconds when people usually vote without a second thought in the first 5 seconds, and it still remains viable for kicking people who legitimately need to be kicked.

I agree. There should also at least be a bigger threshold on FFA, like 70-80% of yes votes kick the person, or hell, even 100%

• People only kick in FFA because some player is dominating everyone. Either that or someone is hacking. Which I’ve seen both of these things happen before. I think they should remove the votekick, and add a report button. Is there a report button? haha I don’t actually know :S

• This never happens.

Suppose everyone in the US and Europe are just dicks.

• @Sone9:

People only kick in FFA because some player is dominating everyone. Either that or someone is hacking. Which I’ve seen both of these things happen before. I think they should remove the votekick, and add a report button. Is there a report button? haha I don’t actually know :S

Report is a horrible option and is a waste of everyones time. A hacker can clear out an entire server which may have taken hours to seed and get going. When he is in there causing problems you need him gone NOW not 2+ days later when the admin gets around to checking report logs (which have no actual proof behind them either).

VAC is probably the worst because (and this has been confirmed) that VAC can take up to 3+ months to actually take affect and ban somebodies account. By that time the hacker has had his fun and ruined countless games.

I accidentally voted yes, so add 1 to No instead.

• A lot of people, including me, still like to do some old school duels on FFA Moor. So we definitely need the votekicking ability to kick FFAers.

• @Babar:

A lot of people, including me, still like to do some old school duels on FFA Moor. So we definitely need the votekicking ability to kick FFAers.

No. We need the ability to set a server to FFA DUEL.

• I agree, it would be cool to have that game mode.
    But until then, votekicking is needed. Plus, as people previously said, you need to be able to kick hackers.

• Votekicking is needed in FFA due to:

1. hackers, obviously,

2. some players being too good.

Yes, I know the second reason sounds preposterous but bear in mind that I give it even as a player that very often tops the scoreboard. And I can understand that even though I enjoy the game greatly (because even if it is fool of total noobs without any skill, it still continues to be a challenge because you can set your goals ad infinitum, strive for 0 deaths etc.), the others may get pretty frustrated about me killing them continuously. I usually find it hard to “go easy” on them since I often forget there are many new guys and even then ranks are deceiving sometimes (basically the only way of going easy on them is to practice with another weapon).

So I can understand if they want to kick me and I even think it is a fair trade, I find another server and they can enjoy the game better. Moreover, always when I get kicked for this reason, I kinda take it as a compliment. Learn to do the same.

• @Eleshar_Vermillion:

Votekicking is needed in FFA due to:

1. hackers, obviously,

2. some players being too good.

Yes, I know the second reason sounds preposterous but bear in mind that I give it even as a player that very often tops the scoreboard. And I can understand that even though I enjoy the game greatly (because even if it is fool of total noobs without any skill, it still continues to be a challenge because you can set your goals ad infinitum, strive for 0 deaths etc.), the others may get pretty frustrated about me killing them continuously. I usually find it hard to “go easy” on them since I often forget there are many new guys and even then ranks are deceiving sometimes (basically the only way of going easy on them is to practice with another weapon).

So I can understand if they want to kick me and I even think it is a fair trade, I find another server and they can enjoy the game better. Moreover, always when I get kicked for this reason, I kinda take it as a compliment. Learn to do the same.

While I think it’s funny to get kicked for being good, it can become really annoying if you can’t finish one single round on public servers.