EU FFA servers

• I cannot get why there are still no official archer-free FFAs, it´s just so fucking stupid.
    I went on 2 FFAs a moment ago:
    1. Archers teaming up on ruins
    2. Players going fists only

Both of these are absolutely unacceptable to me, FFA should be about practicing without getting disturbed by these stupidities.

Conclusion: I want populated EU archer-free FFA servers.

Does anyone know about any?

• Man, that server would heaven. A bunch of archers to murder all at once and you will have mostly uninterrupted fist fights. Or if your a dick you can murder all the brawlers.

If they kick you for it that’s unacceptable there is no rule against killing those with fists. You are just dishonourable. As you open to abuse. But that’s it.

And archers on an FFA. Its their funeral not yours. Especially on a map like ruins.

• Do shields not work?

• In FFA teaming archers are great fun to kill, all you have to do is get close. Look at it as a training run, how to get close to a group of archers without getting hit by arrows. I suggest taking a shield…

Boxers are very easy to deal with, all you have to do is parry 1 punch and they are pretty much dead. If there are two of them against you, it can be pretty hard due to flinching, but they can’t block/parry so you know fair is fair.

FFA is FREE for ALL. This pretty much means there are no rules, bar 1. No cheating.

You can team up, go on a boxing spree, archer, or whatever. Myself and another high level player recently joined a FFA server and declared we are teaming up and for the rest of the server to take us on. It ended up being great fun for everyone when the opponents stopped attacking each other to focus on us (otherwise they would die easily muahahaha).

A FFA game isn’t a set-in-stone mode, when you join or even when you are playing, anything can happen. You need to go with the flow and adjust you game style. If it eventually gets to the point where it displeases you, leave the server.

• @Toll:

In FFA teaming archers are great fun to kill, all you have to do is get close. Look at it as a training run, how to get close to a group of archers without getting hit by arrows. I suggest taking a shield…

Boxers are very easy to deal with, all you have to do is parry 1 punch and they are pretty much dead. If there are two of them against you, it can be pretty hard due to flinching, but they can’t block/parry so you know fair is fair.

FFA is FREE for ALL. This pretty much means there are no rules, bar 1. No cheating.

You can team up, go on a boxing spree, archer, or whatever. Myself and another high level player recently joined a FFA server and declared we are teaming up and for the rest of the server to take us on. It ended up being great fun for everyone when the opponents stopped attacking each other to focus on us (otherwise they would die easily muahahaha).

A FFA game isn’t a set-in-stone mode, when you join or even when you are playing, anything can happen. You need to go with the flow and adjust you game style. If it eventually gets to the point where it displeases you, leave the server.

You dishonour your famery

• @Toll:

In FFA teaming archers are great fun to kill, all you have to do is get close. Look at it as a training run, how to get close to a group of archers without getting hit by arrows. I suggest taking a shield…

Last I recall you cannot form teams on official ffa servers.

• There’s two kinds of teaming.

There’s the hang up and kill everyone kind. No one likes that at all. They usually communicate and know each other.

Then there’s the sit in one spot and mess around kind. These relations I see are forums without communicating at all with each other. They just crouch and don’t ht each other. They usually stay in one place laughing and doing something random until some unfortunate soul comes along. Then and run is best. Unless you think you get get them. They usually aren’t agressive and usually only attack when provoked.

Though when the top 4 players on a server all knights just decide to stay in one corner its best to join them or walk past without challenging them

• I still think that first kind of teaming isn’t really a big deal at all and makes it harder for them to win and pretty much guarantees your victory if they get mad and focus you.

Assume you’re in a full 12-man server.

As an individual, I can kill any of the 11 other players in the game. Every single one of them is a potential kill. Assuming I miraculously manage to kill everyone, I get 11 kills.

If I were in a team of 2, I can only kill 10 of the other players in the game. I’m also not guaranteed every single one of our team’s kills. At best, I or my teammate manages to get all the kills. At worst, our kills are divided evenly among the two of us. Assuming we miraculously manage to kill everyone, I get 0 to 10 kills.

If I were in a team of 3, I can only kill 9 of the other players in the game. I’m also not guaranteed every single one of our team’s kills. At best, I or one of my teammates manages to get all of the kills. At worst, our kills are divided evenly among the three of us. Assuming we miraculously manage to kill everyone, I get 0 to 9 kills.

I have NEVER seen people teaming in FFA win a match before. I find it fun and see it as an added challenge, although I will understand those who find it annoying. I personally enjoy teams because if you get them angry and start drawing attention to yourself, you’ll start getting a steady steam of X kills, X being the number of teammates. They will just keep throwing themselves at you over and over.

The only thing I dislike about teamers and FFA in general is that if they decide to call a votekick on you, it is almost guaranteed to pass.

• This sounds stupid to me.

Firts, most servers are more in the range of 24 to 32 people not 12, so the few you cant kill wont matter as much. But the most important thing you didnt even mention.

If you team up and others do not you will die alot less giving you maybe twice the time to kill. Also you could decide that one player gets the kills (surely wont be all but most), while the others protect and flinch.

In the end it comes down to two sorts of players. One kind sees FFA as a foolaround the others as a competitive gamemode…

• @Towe:

Firts, most servers are more in the range of 24 to 32 people not 12, so the few you cant kill wont matter as much. But the most important thing you didnt even mention.

There are a large amount of 10-16 man FFA servers. If you’re playing in a 32-man server, you’ve got bigger issues to worry about than people teaming up. Playing in a 32-man FFA server is stupid and unfun. The chaos is amusing for a few moments, but it’s too hectic for you to do anything. If people are teaming in a 32-man server, it’s likely not going to matter much if at all. With that many players, most members of the team will be forced to be engaged at the same time for large portions of the match. At BEST they’d manage what resembles a “Let’s not attack each other” agreement.

@Towe:

If you team up and others do not you will die alot less giving you maybe twice the time to kill. Also you could decide that one player gets the kills (surely wont be all but most), while the others protect and flinch.

Then it just becomes a 2v1(or more) fight like in any other game mode and you treat it as such. Sure you’re disadvantaged, but 2v1s are not impossible to overcome and there are a lot of things you can do. At worst, you can retreat and attack them later while they’re distracted. If you decide to fight, unlike a 2v1, the two have something more to worry about than just “not killing your teammate”. In addition to being concerned about where their teammates are at all times, all but one of them are also actively trying to make sure they don’t kill you. Exploit that. Teams really aren’t a big deal.

• Teams at are a big killer for the individual. Coming up against 2-3 opponents your probably gonna lose. That’s the problem. Doesn’t matter about the final score for most people it matters about the outcome of that particular encounter.

Gang up teaming is bad.

Mess around have fun teaming is fine. As usually those people aren’t agressive. And everyone is having fun still.