How about a Helmet contest as well? :D

• So that emblem contest is a pretty cool idea but I was wondering if we could go as far as having user created helmets in the game at some point?

Obviously they’d need to fit the game and devs would need to set a polygon limit and texture specs etc.

• Damn that would be awesome.

• Why not weapons? ;]

TF2 has done plenty of this.

• @AngryDave:

user created helmets in the game at some point?

Good idea, I submit this helm

[image:17z7re6w]http://stylenoted.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/fantasy2.jpeg[/image:17z7re6w]

• Thing is, kinda unfair since not everyone have 3d model making skill.

• Yesss. Even better - have a community competition for a few helmets, including a special ‘rewards’ helmet given to members of the community for outstanding contributions, such as mentoring!

(see the bottom of my recent forums suggestions sticky post) ;)

I also love the idea of unique weapons ‘skins’. Same functionality as a base weapon (and obviously length) but with a new look.

Perhaps a falchion that looks more like a scimitar, or a broadsword with a thicker blade and different hilt/crossguard. A Maul with a different head. Endless.

[id pay for that btw tb]

• @EricFong:

Thing is, kinda unfair since not everyone have 3d model making skill.

Well in all fairness not everyone is a 2d artist either. ;)

• @AngryDave:

@EricFong:

Thing is, kinda unfair since not everyone have 3d model making skill.

Well in all fairness not everyone is a 2d artist either. ;)

Everyone can draw something on paper, but not everyone can make 3d stuff in computer

• Sure, but the drawing needs to be on computer, not on paper. :P Anyway I don’t really see why community created content should be limited to what anybody can blag. As mentioned by BB above, TF2 does it.

I do like the alternate weapon skins/models ideas too. Would add another level of personalization. 8-)

• The amount of 3D modelers within the Chivalry community who can live up to the game’s standards is rather low, leaving a contest out of order due to the lack of sufficient participation. Emblems is one thing, but models? I really think that’s something Torn Banner should do themselves, although it’d be cool for the community to be able to submit suggestions through references and/or (additional) text explanation.

• If people are going to be putting out maps/mods with the SDK I’d have thought modelling a helmet or weapon isn’t that much of a stretch. :?

Ok well it doesn’t have to specifically be a contest then. Just would be great to have community submissions for other content.