[MOD SUGGESTION] A Map with both Agatha and Mason kings?

• I don’t know if anyone is working on something like this, but a king defense style map with VIP characters on both sides would be pretty cool. It could be the first side to lose a king loses, or maybe the first side to kill the opposing king X times wins.

Initially the king would be chosen randomly, but afterwards the best player in the previous round would be selected as king (perhaps an option to randomize again if someone is king too often).

• I thought about that as well… I think it could work great

• I’m in the process of doing this, it seems possible without having to mod the game. It would be great if I can get one more guy to test it out though just to make sure.

• @de.yrc.s:

I’m in the process of doing this, it seems possible without having to mod the game. It would be great if I can get one more guy to test it out though just to make sure.

I’d help test if you need it, seems like a cool gametype variation.

• That would be an awesome game mode as well. have a big open battle field. Agatha on one side, Mason on the other. Both have the Kings available the whole round, a random player is chosen at the beginning of each round to play king. As long as each teams king is alive the team can respawn, but when the king dies respawning is revoked. So it’s each teams job is to both protect their own king and and kill the opposing teams king.

Last King Standing? :P

• Make it happen!

• This would be awesome indeed, but there would need to be something that prevents people to hide their kings. Kind of defeats the purpose of the game mode. Everyone imagines two big armies led by their kings clashing on an open battlefield, but in reality, if the kings are really important for the game, they will just hide away. I know people don’t like the unrealistic idea of the king having some kind of aura around him which will raise the performance of his team around him, but how else will we get him to stay with his men? (unless his whole army camps in a corner)

So yeah, “morale” is increased if the king is fighting alongside his men. Morale increases the rate stamina is replenished and/or the rate you lose stamina… among other things. There should be nothing unbalanced like increasing your overall attack speed or whatever, imagine the claymore or brandistock in that scenario.

If you have a better idea of how to encourage the king to stay with his men to fight the enemy whose king also stays with is men… then post it. Because it really feels like if we just put the king in the game like he is now - a person with more health than everybody else but if he dies the other team wins - then yeah, kings will definately be cowards. It will be like CTF, where you protect the flag while trying th steal the enemy’s. What you do is you have some guys defending the flag and some guys trying to sneak around to snatch it.

The kings don’t necessarily need to fight in the front line, but they need to stay nearby to be able to give out commands (and to encapsule everyone within his “morale aura”, which could be rather big so that no one will feel forced to cramp together so tightly you risk hurting your friends all the time to get some of that morale bonus.

• Give players really long respawn times. If the king doesn’t help and let his mates die he will get overrunned. Also the layout of the map would make it more or less useful for the king to hide.

• Could be a point system like in Red Orchestra 2, if people will be driven to get the most points in King vs King that is. In RO2, you get a few points for killing enemies, sure, but you get more points for other stuff. Capturing and defending objectives for example (killing enemies within the objective zone) and defending your squad leader or commander. I’m a really bad player at RO2, generally all multiplayer FPS shooters, but once (yes, once!) I shot an enemy and got loads of points. It was because it was within an objective zone, and it was because I saved the life of our commander. There was probably something else, as well, I remember a lot of points showing up.

So in King vs King mode, perhaps you’d get more points for killing enemies who has hurt your king and/or pose a threat to your king, like enemies he’s parried attacks from. Still, this doesn’t promote that the king fights in the open, it promotes his team defending him (even letting the king get hit by an enemy to earn some extra points if you’re an asshole.)

Bah, I dunno, bad idea. I guess you just have to design the map so he can’t hide. It won’t stop him being a coward though, he can just stay at the edge of the map or something, maybe fully visable but in some place that gives him an advantage like a ledge or a narrow path.

Best would be if Chivalry supported horses, then the king would of course ride around with his retinue and avoid people but still being around, “issuing orders”.

• Defend your king - kill theirs…

Bit like CTF’s multiple objective really but with potential for being more entertaining. The more maps with multiple objectives the better in my book.

Just one question: How will king selection work?

• Masons doesn’t have a king though. They have general Malric.

• I did a little test using objectives to give each team an assassination objective but it did not work.

• @Goomba:

I did a little test using objectives to give each team an assassination objective but it did not work.

Really; that’s interesting, what happened? what was the problem?

• viewtopic.php?f=51&t=17726
    I’m making a custom game mode with both kings, complatible with LTS and TD maps. It has a Lives system and the highest scoring player spawns as a King after a threshold of lives is reached.

• @Reginhard:

@Goomba:

I did a little test using objectives to give each team an assassination objective but it did not work.

Really; that’s interesting, what happened? what was the problem?

The way i did, it triggered only one assassination, not both.

It seems like once a team has the assassination objective, the other has to prevent from the assassination.

If i have time enough i’ll retry