Player Engagement and Aesthetics.

• About me: Hi, my name is Abe, I have almost 80 hours (Rnk 30). I work for the Film and Tv industry and design applications. I think this game is revolutionary.

Ranked in order of importance, and ease of implementation.

Kills Text (top right corner):

• This text needs to display for a longer period of time, with a smaller font size, and greater length of kills.
    • Finding out who you killed is important to community gameplay and engagement.

Kill Notification :

• There should be an added “Enemy Slain” notification below the crosshair. Or a visual indication other than the kills text (top right corner)

• This will better engage the player, and reward them. This will also provide for a more immersive experience.

• New players are overwhelmed by the intricate and chaotic nature of the game. They often do not know they killed someone till they look at the scoreboard. This feature is key to engaging new players, and player retention.

• On by default, ability to turn off in options.

Helmet Off

• Allow players to remove their helmets. Possibly to be used as a weak projectile, or fist alternative.
    • This will allow for skilled players to demonstrate their prowess at the cost of greater risk of dying.

At this stage, all it needs is more polish:

+Features that engage users: Customizable Outfits , Quicker Spawn to Action, More refined and responsive weapon loadout screen. Rank Based Customizations.
    +Encourage new players to join and retain them: Outward Kill Streak Indicators, Ranked Match Making, Steam Insignias, Power Metal. $14.99 price point will encourage new players, creating more player retention.

I have many more small tweaks and suggestions, and would love to help in any way I can. I will be sure to post those as well. Thanks for making such an amazing game.

• Many of the suggestions are good, such as customization. I’m not sure if you are aware of this, but there is already character customization in the works. You can even go test it out right now.

If you don’t know how, then ill explain it here.

1. Locate “Chivalry Medieval Warfare Beta” in your steam library game list.
    2. Right click on it and select “Properties”.
    3. In the new window, navigate to the “betas” tab.
    4. In the drop down menu, select “sdk”.

This will start quite a large download that included the Chivalry SDK developer tools. You will also not be able to play on the current beta servers. However this is a special build that has the character customization included. All you need to do is navigate to the “Configuiration” menu and there will be something along the lines of character customization with various characters next to it. In fact, it should be in the same spot as the helmet customization is in “Live”

If you have any questions, feel free to add me on steam! 8-)

• Everything customisation thing you said except for rank based customisation is coming.

And I don’t want a “enemy slain” message under the crosshairs. They are only for games that are shit. With this game when you cut off a guys arm then remove his head is a pretty clear indication that you have killed someone. Putting a message there would only remove from the immersion. For ranged weapons they did add hit sounds.

• @Sir:

• This text needs to display for a longer period of time, with a smaller font size, and greater length of kills.

I thought about that. I think they could keep it as is but if you killed someone or you are killed by someone persist that display for an extra second.

• @gregcau:

@Sir:

I thought about that. I think they could keep it as is but if you killed someone or you are killed by someone persist that display for an extra second.

I definitely agree, specifically that there is little more indication of a kill than a fast scrolling 3 line text. There needs to be some greater indication of a kill, specifically while engaging multiple enemies. It is also good from a community perspective, as players learn specifically who killed you, and how to change strategy in the next encounter.

• @Sir:

@gregcau:

@Sir Yolo VonSwagalot:

I definitely agree, specifically that there is little more indication of a kill than a fast scrolling 3 line text. There needs to be some greater indication of a kill, specifically while engaging multiple enemies. It is also good from a community perspective, as players learn specifically who killed you, and how to change strategy in the next encounter.

The text is fine. Font size is fine and differs between resolutions. You know you killed someone cos the guy is fucking dead. Maybe show it for a second longer. To my understanding there isn’t a limit to how many names can be on the screen. It goes pretty much all the way down. (Tested trying to kill 25 people with one catapult rock). Unless they have changed it. An when your fighting someone there name shoes up and its not hard to see.

Its the satisfying sounds and lack of UI which makes this game so immersive. This and is going for immersion.

• Turn ragdoll length to zero. Now you know if you killed someone.

• A giant “+100” needs to appear in the center of your screen and a voice akin to the tourettes guy needs to yell a mixture of “good job”, “wow”, “nice one”, and “holy shit” at a randomized pitch every kill you make.

• @Slight:

A giant “+100” needs to appear in the center of your screen and a voice akin to the tourettes guy needs to yell a mixture of “good job”, “wow”, “nice one”, and “holy shit” at a randomized pitch every kill you make.

That would actually be cool, make a mod!

• @SavageBeatings:

@Slight:

A giant “+100” needs to appear in the center of your screen and a voice akin to the tourettes guy needs to yell a mixture of “good job”, “wow”, “nice one”, and “holy shit” at a randomized pitch every kill you make.

It would completely ruin the immersion.

• not bad suggestions, but do you really not know when you kill someone? lol i ALWAYS know. Unless i’m an archer and get some lucky ass bow kill i wasn’t aware of.

• @lemonater47:

@SavageBeatings:

@Slight:

It would completely ruin the immersion.

I bet we both were joking.

• Like the “Headshot!” each time you score a headshot in war of the roses?