CU1 Patch 2 RC2

• This will hopefully be our final update to the beta! If nothing broken rears its ugly head in the beta, expect the patch to go live early next week. Here are the changes from the last beta, it’s a fairly small list mostly dealing with final balance changes and tweaking/fixing some bugs with the new mechanics:

Fixes

Out of stamina stun not working for parries.
    Flail buckler blocking volume not matching up to its visual block area.
    Spears and javelins being able to combo into a parry.
    Flinch not applying during weapon swap (will apply AFTER you swap weapons).
    Rapidly dropping and raising your shield temporarily draining stamina as if you’d done a panic parry.
    Dodge grunt sound playing twice.
    Counterattacks made off of feinted alt-swings transitioning into alt-swings.

Balance

Man-at-Arms base speed increased by 10% (no change to max sprint speed)
    Man-at-Arms strafe speed from .9 to .95 and back speed from .85 to .9
    Man-at-Arms sprint acceleration increased by 33%
    Claymore slash and overhead release from .4 to .45
    Claymore overhead windup from .5 to .475
    Claymore combos from .65 to .625
    Polehammer overhead windup from .675 to .625
    Polehammer slash and overhead combos from .8 to .75
    Spear overhead knockback from 350 to 325 and windup from .7 to .725
    Spears stab windup from .525 to .575
    Brandistock overhead damage from 90 to 95
    Firepot damage from 7 per second to 6 per second.
    Firepot ground fire now ignites players who walk over it for 2 seconds.
    Holy Water Sprinkler overhead windup/release/combo from .4/.4/.7 to .375/.35/.6
    Holy Water Sprinkler slash release from .45 to .4 and combo from .7 to .6
    Crossbow head multiplier reduced to 1.75x from 2x (Heavy Crossbow will still one shot Knights to the head, but normal Crossbow will not)

Arrow changes to actually make bodkins and broadheads more effective against heavy and light classes respectively as was intended:

Bodkin Arrow damage type from Pierce to PierceBlunt
    Shortbow Broadhead damage from 55 to 60
    Shortbow Bodkin damage from 55 to 62
    Longbow Broadhead damage from 75 to 83
    Warbow Broadhead damage from 105 to 100
    Warbow Bodkin damage from 105 to 116

Given how close we are to release, I implore all of you to try this beta out over the weekend and give us your feedback/bug reports so we can get any last minute kinks worked out! Most of you are probably aware we’ve got a lot of big stuff coming, like RCon support for server administration, finalizing the customization system, and beta testing the SDK so we can finally bring full modding support to the live version of the game, so if this patch can roll out smoothly and not require a followup hotfix for anything we might have missed, it’d let us get all of those goodies to you fine folks that much sooner.

So please, help us out, it is very much appreciated! And to every member of our chivalrous community, even those too busy or disinterested to try the beta, thank you for your continued support and helping us to make Chivalry as good a game as it can possibly be.

• First for Meowric!

• Haha! I fucking knew there’d be a movement speed buff to offset the lack of attack dodges! I fucking called it!

• My body is prepared

• @Vier:

Haha! I fucking knew there’d be a movement speed buff to offset the lack of attack dodges! I fucking called it!

Aye, perhaps ye have called it. But be it a bad thing?
    But, seriously.

Also, last time I checked, you could still dodge attack, you just couldn’t dodge and start an attack at the same time, so you could no longer dodge the release of faster weapons into enemies (as easily).

• @Ramare:

Aye, perhaps ye have called it. But be it a bad thing?
    But, seriously.

Also, last time I checked, you could still dodge attack, you just couldn’t dodge and start an attack at the same time, so you could no longer dodge the release of faster weapons into enemies (as easily).

Isn’t that what a dodge attack is? And the beta’s really hit the MaA’s mobility and offensive power hard by removing the ability to do that. I’m curious to see how the movement speed buffs offset this.

• @Kimiko:

First for Meowric!

Honestly that cat in your avatar looks kinda pissed… XD. His ears are down, never a good sign.

• Buckler is still disgustingly broken. Please, revert how it looked. Now when you made it look ‘‘smaller’’ it’s even harder to block with it.

Also, why not just buff it? No one uses it because it’s shit. It takes like 1/4 of your stamina bar to block a dagger with it and it covers very little of your body, making it hard to block overall.

Allow it to do combos or reduce the daze time on it or something, please.

Or just make it not cost as much stamina to block with it.

• @-Thylacine-:

making it hard to block overall.

All shields and parries actually have the same size hitbox.

• Or grant the wielder the ability to use counters, just like with no-shield.

• @smokingbobs:

Or grant the wielder the ability to use counters, just like with no-shield.

I like this idea. If someone was fairly skilled they could actually use the buckler to higher effectiveness this way.

• @brewergamer:

@smokingbobs:

Or grant the wielder the ability to use counters, just like with no-shield.

I like this idea. If someone was fairly skilled they could actually use the buckler to higher effectiveness this way.

I’ve always felt the buckler should be a quick-parry-style shield, not a hold up and turtle one like the others can be.

Should take shitloads of stam from huge weapons, and increasing amount of stam for sequential blocks. A single block though if done quickly shouldn’t take much, and give an opportunity for a quick counter.

Keep that to the MAA and Archer and all’s good. Gief Knight the heater ofc. :P

• @BB:

@-Thylacine-:

making it hard to block overall.

All shields and parries actually have the same size hitbox.

Tower and pavise shield hitboxes are the same size as the buckler’s? :o

• @SlyGoat:

Bodkin Arrow damage type from Pierce to PierceBlunt
    Shortbow Broadhead damage from 55 to 60
    Shortbow Bodkin damage from 55 to 62
    Longbow Broadhead damage from 75 to 83
    Warbow Broadhead damage from 105 to 100
    Warbow Bodkin damage from 105 to 116

Whoa - making Broadheads even weaker in comparison (but not for the Longbow - I like this change). Warbow now completely outcompetes the other bows and the Light Crossbow (especially with the headshot change).

Why not just increase Broadhead base damage and leave Bodkin the same. Pierce Blunt and higher base damage for Bodkin is not a good idea as it is Bodkin. It’s like making the Bearded Axe dealing pierce damage.

• Got to say I love the patch! - Well done everyone working on it, giving feedback etc. You really made the game better and more pleasant !

With the speed MAA is now given it almost doesn’t need Dodges! It’s like playing AoC :P

I feel that brandistock needs a little nerf but i might be just wrong. Ignore that.

Thanks Devs !
    Thanks Balance Council !
    Thanks Admins/Moderators
    Thanks people that send feedback/helped somehow!

• Great changes !!!
    but what’s that ? : Holy Water Sprinkler

• @burgzaza:

Great changes !!!
    but what’s that ? : Holy Water Sprinkler

3rd MaA mace. Listed as Holy Water.

• Question: will broadheads on warbows still 1hit archers in the torso? if not there’s no use for broadheads at all.

• @BobT36:

I’ve always felt the buckler should be a quick-parry-style shield, not a hold up and turtle one like the others can be.

I think the problem here is that all shields should be useful against projectiles, so you need to be able to hold them up.

• It seems that using brandistock makes you fly. (nerf plox):

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=154731984

Just kidding. This guy disconected but his body still was in the game, floating and being invincible. Just a bug.