How can anyone be this fast???

• So i was on a TO server where some knight was tearing shit up with SOW combos. Anyway, i noticed he kept feinting on the first attack so when i went up against him, assuming he was going to feint i attacked right away but he blocked. Now, if someone feints alot i can normally beat them by playing aggressively but not this guy! When i fought him a few more times i noticed he did not take any time to see what i was going to do, he just knew right away whether to feint, attack or block, like he could see the future. A constistant pattern he was showing would be to kill one guy then immediatly turn around and feint-combo the next guy. He would begin the feint attack before he’d fully turned around. But before he was even fully facing me (3rd person view was disabled on that server so he couldn’t see what he wasn’t facing) it looked like he was starting a feint-attack then straight away blocked my stab. That seems humanly impossible to me, the only way someone could do that if they knew beforehand if somebody was going attack or block, but somehow he kept doing it.

• It’s called awareness. It’s a tough skill to master, but not inhuman by any means.

Always expect target swaps, and always prepare for them.

• Who was it? What’s his username.

• Fucking telepathy hacks. He must be a clannie.

• @lemonater47:

Who was it? What’s his username.

Trying to remember, it was a while ago, hes in eX

I’ve also seen yarnu the dog do it

• Often when I am surrounded I will try to predict when the enemy behind is about to attack, so I will hit parry as soon as I start turning 180 (before seeing if the enemy is actually attacking me or is even around any more). At least half of the time it pays off.

• I have one question: were you speeding up your attacks? What weapon did you use? Right now one can easily feint and attack or block straight after and if you’re not using speeded up attacks (dragging has no place in the game when other player can simply outspeed you) then he has enough room to position himself into blocking position. As you noticed the game needs more work and patch to tweak feints as well as drags (speeded up attacks) is currently in work in beta stage.

Instead asnwering the OP some people take extra effort to act like smartasses. Is this what we want this community to become?

• Like other people said, by the looks of it he seems to just be very aware of the battle field. He predicts where people will attack him, estimate their range, and uses the right attacks in a 1vMore situation accordingly. If you’re playing against lower ranked people, or just plain bad players, you can pull this off a little bit more easily. I’ve actually learned to recognize the foot step sounds of classes, the difference between a knight and an archer, or maa is quite obvious. And so when you’re just standing around and can hear these footsteps approach you can easily calculate what class it might be and surprise them by turning around with a slash. The only thing of course that you can’t be sure of is if it’s a team mate, or the enemy. So there have been occasions where I accidentally attacked a team mate, hehe. What also works pretty often is pretending you don’t see someone. I see an enemy Knight, or a Man at Arms in the corner of my eye. I know they saw me, but they’re holding back because I’m with a friend. Friend goes off to kill some other guy and I’m all alone now. At this point, I’ve deliberately not faced towards him yet, I just pretend I don’t see him. I actually turn my back to him now, pretending to walk away. Mister maa or knight, or whatever is all like “Free backstab!” only for me to hear his footsteps approach my back turning around at the right time and Messer his ass. There might be some hit trading in these situations, but as a Knight I can take that. This actually works quite often, because people just can’t let those juicy yummy backstabs go to waste. :D

• @Ready:

@lemonater47:

Who was it? What’s his username.

Trying to remember, it was a while ago, hes in eX

I’ve also seen yarnu the dog do it

I’m thinking Myzery. Possibly worldeater. But he’s usually one for the bearded axe.

And Yarnu doesn’t do it much.

• I find it hugely improbable that a good player who is playing on a 1st person only server would ever use a turn around feint into overhead on a pub server. There would be no point, pub mentality doesn’t even consider the possibility of someone turning around let alone turning around while attacking. I’d imagine you’re exaggerating a bit. He also probably had his FOV cranked up to 180 or something so he could probably literally see behind himself haha. Funny that TB doesn’t consider this a cheat. Not complaining though (I use it all the time ;))

• Daiyuki sort yourself out please, if I have to piss about removing any more irrelevant / personal flamebait style posts I’m going to have to set the infractions counting… “Lololol” doesn’t exactly contribute to the topic in any way here.

Carry on everyone.

• @BobT36:

Daiyuki sort yourself out please, if I have to piss about removing any more irrelevant / personal flamebait style posts I’m going to have to set the infractions counting… “Lololol” doesn’t exactly contribute to the topic in any way here.

Carry on everyone.

Lololol.

@Slight:

I find it hugely improbable that a good player who is playing on a 1st person only server would ever use a turn around feint into overhead on a pub server. There would be no point, pub mentality doesn’t even consider the possibility of someone turning around let alone turning around while attacking. I’d imagine you’re exaggerating a bit. He also probably had his FOV cranked up to 180 or something so he could probably literally see behind himself haha. Funny that TB doesn’t consider this a cheat. Not complaining though (I use it all the time ;))

Ever tried at above 200?

Some weird shit starts happening.

And on pub servers down here you’d be surprised as to what some people do.

• I doubt he feinted as much as you say. To feint so much is to run out of stamina. Other than that, yes awareness is key, I do what you describe consistently in FFA matches, you ‘know’ when to turn and strike based on footsteps and other sound queues. Also in general when fighting 1vMany, the other guy your not looking at ALWAYS(well almost always) comes running in for the free hit, so you switch targets and smoosh them.

When playing I also take note of peoples names as they pop up, particularly dangerous people. So I know to mix up my attacks. Feinting into parry on an unexpected attack happens sometimes too. The problem your having is ‘a huh! I got him this time he will be predictable’ when he won’t be, never expect high level players to be predictable, because we won’t be, that is kind of the point of being high level.

Anyway, feint->parry has been tweaked a bit in the new patch so we will have less ability overall to control 1vMany combat it seems.

edit: Also the SoW is stupidly fast with its stab (and other attacks really). The only weapon in Live a knight should use honestly. Good to see it get nerfed, but sad in that it is my Precious. So Fast, so much reach.

O well, I suspect I’ll be using the Norse Sword as a Knight in future.

• @Toll:

I doubt he feinted as much as you say. To feint so much is to run out of stamina. Other than that, yes awareness is key, I do what you describe consistently in FFA matches, you ‘know’ when to turn and strike based on footsteps and other sound queues. Also in general when fighting 1vMany, the other guy your not looking at ALWAYS(well almost always) comes running in for the free hit, so you switch targets and smoosh them.

When playing I also take note of peoples names as they pop up, particularly dangerous people. So I know to mix up my attacks. Feinting into parry on an unexpected attack happens sometimes too. The problem your having is ‘a huh! I got him this time he will be predictable’ when he won’t be, never expect high level players to be predictable, because we won’t be, that is kind of the point of being high level.

Anyway, feint->parry has been tweaked a bit in the new patch so we will have less ability overall to control 1vMany combat it seems.

edit: Also the SoW is stupidly fast with its stab (and other attacks really). The only weapon in Live a knight should use honestly. Good to see it get nerfed, but sad in that it is my Precious. So Fast, so much reach.

O well, I suspect I’ll be using the Norse Sword as a Knight in future.

SOW is getting a tad faster with its combos though.

And if it is Myzery like I suspect then he does feint that much. Once he’s dealt with you he doesn’t sprint off to the next target he walks regaining his stamina.

That is te only real way to kill him. Let him run out of stamina. If he has to go up against lots of players or he doesn’t kill you fast he does falter.

He also hates archers. He can’t dodge arrows for shit.

Provided its Myzery.

• It seems like the SoW is sort of becoming the m16 or m4 of the game, the weapon that covers all the bases. The jack of all trades, master of none.

• @BobT36:

Daiyuki sort yourself out please, if I have to piss about removing any more irrelevant / personal flamebait style posts I’m going to have to set the infractions counting… “Lololol” doesn’t exactly contribute to the topic in any way here.

Carry on everyone.

I just don’t know what to say to someone who is wrong in every conceivable way and spreads their ignorance over the forum. I restrain myself from a lot of posts, actually.

• @Daiyuki:

I just don’t know what to say to someone who is wrong in every conceivable way and spreads their ignorance over the forum. I restrain myself from a lot of posts, actually.

Calmly and clearly point out where you disagree, or simply refrain from posting, the result of that is the same as posting something irrelevant like just “lolol” anyways. See it like this, you’re saving time on something you don’t think worth it, even if miniscule. Also you’re saving my time too from having to clear things up, the result of which is that I’m far less grumpy. :P

• SOW is getting a tad faster with its combos though.

Incorrect.

• @Martin:

SOW is getting a tad faster with its combos though.

Incorrect.

Well that’s what I saw in one of the beta patch notes. Unless it was slowed down and I didn’t see that change.

• Yeah the patch notes haven’t been that brilliant, but at one point basically every single balance change was reverted and they started from scratch. I can’t remember the Beta number, somewhere around 2 or 3.