Enable AttackQueueWindowSeconds to adjust Flinch Time

• I and many others believe that the flinch time (and to a lesser extent, the kick stuns and other slow down techniques) are at the root of much of the cries of OP. You have an entire sub forum that is basically saying everything in the game is unbalanced and OP (when read as a whole). That is just ridiculous. Having played almost 300 hours of the game now, the combat system (at least when on a properly modded server) is pretty balanced and a handful of weapons need tweaking (cos flinch doesn’t make a vanguard’s zweihander shorter or less damaging or even the right size for the model).

I said this on another post but want to say it again: the best game of CMW I ever played was at a modded server with gamespeed at 150-160%. It essentially removed the flinch and the action was far beyond anything I have seen since. THAT is what the game should play like. Now I understand some players in this community get all huffy when crutches are removed (IDK, maybe it adds to the sim flavor they seem to be going for and hey, if that works for them, cool), so all I am requesting is that this setting be enabled in the .ini files so those of us that want to see the highest levels of action can do so.

I mean, in the end, just adding some adjustments to the server side files would allow admins to nerf or buff their servers as their communities require. This would be the easiest approach and the one with the least ill consequences to TBS and any efforts to expand this game with DLC or sell a sequel. Not to go off topic on my own thread, but I see a lot of cries for MAA to get nerfed. Most of what I read is just examples of flinch exploitation. As a customer and a player with a decent amount of time invested into the product, do I not have an equal right to enjoy the MAA without fear that the lamenting of a player 0 after having their asses handed to them will affect my experience?

• You’ll be able to do this easily when the SDK is released, as well as adjusting weapon damage and timing values to your liking, and class speeds and HP etc. without even touching anything in code.

I think you’re way off in your assumption that complaints about MaA have anything to do with flinch, however. Without flinch MaA is a terrible class, because any time he attacks a knight or vanguard with a twohander can just hit-trade. This was a very effective strategy back when there was only flinch during windup - just wait for a MaA to hit you and kill him immediately afterwards.

• Lol, yes remove flinch and make everyone 150% speed so that it becomes a ridiculous slash-fest. That’s the way to fix the game xD

• @Daiyuki:

Lol, yes remove flinch and make everyone 150% speed so that it becomes a ridiculous slash-fest. That’s the way to fix the game xD

The Winner

• @SlyGoat:

You’ll be able to do this easily when the SDK is released, as well as adjusting weapon damage and timing values to your liking, and class speeds and HP etc. without even touching anything in code.

I think you’re way off in your assumption that complaints about MaA have anything to do with flinch, however. Without flinch MaA is a terrible class, because any time he attacks a knight or vanguard with a twohander can just hit-trade. This was a very effective strategy back when there was only flinch during windup - just wait for a MaA to hit you and kill him immediately afterwards.

So this means the players have once again to balance the game where the devs fail?

Hehe. I like that.