Individual stam drain for each weapon

• Just tested it, and it takes 10 swings till you run out of stam with broadsword and hunting knife.
    I guess right now theres only a difference between 1H and 2H.
    Does quaterstaff even drain the same stam as maul or zweihander?

This makes no sense realism wise. Wouldnt it be nice is stam drain from swings would depend on the weapon? Would be another way to make weapons unique and could be use for balancing to some extend…

There could be some heavy stam draining 1H with huge dmg (heavy flail?) while daggers, sabre but also some spears could drain very little.

• Stamina drain on live is based on the damage of the attack used and the negation value of the defending weapon/shield, with a minimum and maximum value. This leads to a lot of situations where weapons do either minimum or maximum stamina drain and only small windows where the stamina drain is somewhere inbetween, because damage values vary so much.

In the beta we’ve retooled it so that every individual attack has a stamina drain value and the values are based more on relative weapon size than damage - so relatively light but high damage weapons such as the warhammer aren’t going to be draining as much stamina as heavy weapons like the halberd.

• @SlyGoat:

Stamina drain on live is based on the damage of the attack used and the negation value of the defending weapon/shield, with a minimum and maximum value.

I think you misunderstood me. I was talking about stam drain from swinging in the air.
    No defending weapon/shield there…

• Oh, I see. I was misled by the word “drain”. Stamina loss from missed swings does only consider if your weapon is onehanded or twohanded. We don’t want very heavy weapons to be super penalized because missing is already more punishable due to their longer recovery, while at the same time don’t want to encourage spamming nonstop with very light weapons because there’s no downside to doing so.

• I can see your reasons, it just looks to me like the heavy 1H and 2H have an advantage here.