Lore.

• Chivalry’s an amazing game and its gameplay mechanics and aesthetics are wonderful, but I feel as if we’re missing out on the lore portion of the game. Sure, we have the basic layout - Argon unites the Agathian nation, desires more war efforts and expands on a crusade, creating unrest which turns into a civil war between rebels and loyalists. And while this basic idea’s pretty cool (it even gives the Mason order some sort of justification beyond the cliche of “we are evil we like power”, the fact that Argon was putting his own lust for war above his nation’s well-being), it remains basic and undeveloped. There should be more additions made to this foundation that’s been layed, that being the civil war. What about Tenosia, or the past of the Agathian monarchy? What of the universe’s inner political workings, and Malric’s history? Danum Argon, the heir to the throne? And so forth.

Long story short - the game would feel even more immersive with story-side additions such as this. Hopefully you can agree to that statement.

• Well as part of the lore no one know where Danum argon actually is. In stoneshill Feydrid Kearn is the king in that mission.

all what you mentioned can be entirely possible with the new SDK.

• It would be awesome if someone did a prequel mod for Chivalry named King Argon’s Failed Crusade and instead of Agathians fightning Masons it would be Agathians fightning agains Islamic Saracens with Tropical/Desert maps, wich are only two if you take Arena as a sandy desert map. :)

• @Vlad:

It would be awesome if someone did a prequel mod for Chivalry named King Argon’s Failed Crusade and instead of Agathians fightning Masons it would be Agathians fightning agains Islamic Saracens with Tropical/Desert maps, wich are only two if you take Arena as a sandy desert map. :)

How cliché! Why is it in all fantasy worlds, people of the south are ALWAYS going to look like Saracens? :P

• @SavageBeatings:

@Vlad:

It would be awesome if someone did a prequel mod for Chivalry named King Argon’s Failed Crusade and instead of Agathians fightning Masons it would be Agathians fightning agains Islamic Saracens with Tropical/Desert maps, wich are only two if you take Arena as a sandy desert map. :)

How cliché! Why is it in all fantasy worlds, people of the south are ALWAYS going to look like Saracens? :P

Because people(read the people who buy the game) want to think they are the good guys and the rest of the world are by definition inferior/evil.

Would be realy disgusting to see the lore of Chivalry develop into such a pathetic cliché where its good vs evil. You can’t cater to a mature, self critical thinking audience with a story line that could’ve be written by a 4 year old.

I want to see a scenario where there is no good or evil and that the player has to make his own decision. I would love to see the Agathians killing Mason citizen and burning down their villages, but ofcourse thats never going to happen since the Agathians are the good guys….

Don’t know where the Tenosians will be coming into the game but lets just hope they’ll not take the role as " dem terrorist sand people" and just serve as cannon fodder for the game.
    If it comes to that I will not play Chivalry and its sequels.

There is nothing more game breaking than taking control away from the gamer, even when it comes to the story to a certain extent.

I would recommend games like Spec Ops The Line, Metro Last Light and Bioschok Infinite.

• @SavageBeatings:

@Vlad:

White man propaganda against sand people.

• @lemonater47:

Well as part of the lore no one know where Danum argon actually is. In stoneshill Feydrid Kearn is the king in that mission.

All that could be developed further, either inside- or outside of the game itself. Why is Kearn a king in that mission anyhow?

How?

@Vlad:

“Argon’s Fall” sounds like a pretty good idea for a prequel DLC.

• @The:

@lemonater47:

Well as part of the lore no one know where Danum argon actually is. In stoneshill Feydrid Kearn is the king in that mission.

All that could be developed further, either inside- or outside of the game itself. Why is Kearn a king in that mission anyhow?

How?

@Vlad:

Kearn was Argons right hand man. When argon died in Tenosia means and the majority of the agathians stayed not believing he was dead. They eventually returned and Feydrid Kearn had assumed command. The mission hillside is when they return.

Danum argon had also gone missing with no body found. I think he’s Argons oldest son and was the heir to the throne.

In the mission dark forest the rest of the royal family is murdered.

So with the royal family dead, king argon presumed dead and Danum missing Feydrid Kearn becomes the steward king even though he has no relation to king argon. Malric actually had a bit more right to rule as he is a cousin of king argon. Though most of the agathians already have loyalty and massive respect for Kearn. He is a symbol of hope to many agathians. He takes the throne and argon probably would have given it to him given the circumstances. Note how all the chacters in the stoneshill call him the steward king. As he didn’t get it by blood and is really doing it temporarily until damn is found alive. If he is found alive.

And how can it all be done with the SDK? You underestimate the power of an SDK. You can do anything. Keep in mind that age of chivalry was a mod for half life 2.

• @lemonater47:

@The:

@lemonater47:

How?

@Vlad The Impaler:

Kearn was Argons right hand man. When argon died in Tenosia means and the majority of the agathians stayed not believing he was dead. They eventually returned and Feydrid Kearn had assumed command. The mission hillside is when they return.

Danum argon had also gone missing with no body found. I think he’s Argons oldest son and was the heir to the throne.

So with the royal family dead, king argon presumed dead and Danum missing Feydrid Kearn becomes the steward king even though he has no relation to king argon. Malric actually had a bit more right to rule as he is a cousin of king argon. Though most of the agathians already have loyalty and massive respect for Kearn. He is a symbol of hope to many agathians. He takes the throne and argon probably would have given it to him given the circumstances. Note how all the chacters in the stoneshill call him the steward king. As he didn’t get it by blood and is really doing it temporarily until damn is found alive. If he is found alive.

And how can it all be done with the SDK? You underestimate the power of an SDK. You can do anything. Keep in mind that age of chivalry was a mod for half life 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ona6cGvXNcs

Look at the 2D lore trailer, King Argon WAS killed during the crusade. After that Malric claimed the throne of Agatha and my suspect is that he found a big oposition of loyal Agathian followers of the old banner of King Argon that oposed to the Mason Order AND THAT’S when the Civil war started. Moor, Battlegrounds, Frigid, Argon’s Wall and Dark Forest and Hillside take place during that civil war where the Remainder of the Royal Family was killed, the Agathians took a City claimed by the Masons and the remainder of the Crusade of King Argon landed on the beach of a Mason Fortress and captured it. Stoneshill and Citadel both are the different endings, one being the masons Seige and Kill the Biggest Old Agatha leader Feydrid Kernan and the Other one being that the Old Agathians win the war and slay Lord Malric.

• @Vlad:

@lemonater47:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ona6cGvXNcs

Look at the 2D lore trailer, King Argon WAS killed during the crusade. After that Malric claimed the throne of Agatha and my suspect is that he found a big oposition of loyal Agathian followers of the old banner of King Argon that oposed to the Mason Order AND THAT’S when the Civil war started. Moor, Battlegrounds, Frigid, Argon’s Wall and Dark Forest and Hillside take place during that civil war where the Remainder of the Royal Family was killed, the Agathians took a City claimed by the Masons and the remainder of the Crusade of King Argon landed on the beach of a Mason Fortress and captured it. Stoneshill and Citadel both are the different endings, one being the masons Seige and Kill the Biggest Old Agatha leader Feydrid Kernan and the Other one being that the Old Agathians win the war and slay Lord Malric.

Why is “was” capitalised? Danum argon and king are are two different people.

The civil war started when the remaining agathains were blockaded out of port at hillside.

The city claimed back by the agathians was the capital city of agatha.

Both Malric (Terrowin Is his surname) and Feydrid Kearn claim the throne. Feydrid only after the royal family is dead.

You have to read the book of lore. It tells a lot more than the video.

• Just going to put this link to book of lore here if anyone is interested http://www.chivalrythegame.com/lore.htm

• Funnily enough, I think knowing more about the story and the lore of their world actually helps me personally with my gameplay. You know, I guess you feel a more intrinsic connection to actually finish missions and complete the objectives. Also feeling the awesome feeling of taking part in an epic battle.

It’s cool stuff man, I hope this gets fleshed out.

• @lemonater47:

Both Malric (Terrowin Is his surname) and Feydrid Kearn claim the throne. Feydrid only after the royal family is dead.

I was under the impression that the royal families were killed just hours before the order storm Stoneshill castle and slay the steward? I mean, at the end of Dark Forest, you’re in a forest beside a waterfall, and in the beginning of Stoneshill, you run out from a forest beside a waterfall. And doesn’t the Agathian “objective announcer” yell out something like “The Masons are coming out from the Dark Forest”?

And I’ve read the book of lore, I can’t recall it shedding much light on when and how Feydrid became king. I just assumed that happened when they got back to Agatha and noticed the Mason Order had turned the populance against them and that Terrowin is now “king”. So the loyalists, which “the Knights of Agatha” are also called, backed up Feydrid as their legitimate king, since they know Argon’s dead and his son is MIA.

Sure, there are a lot of men in the royal families when you slay them in Dark Forest, in fact they all are, even when the text box states one of them is the Queen. Doesn’t any of them have more right to be king? But I guess that’s just Torn Banner not wanting us to hack down women or young ones? Because otherwise I would have guessed they would be women or too young to govern. They all look like peasants as well, so that backs up that theory more. Torn Banner should really make some more royal looking (and female looking) models for Dark Forest though.

• The book of lore contains more info on the actual lands, which is good - but lacks connection with the game itself. It offers, as said, a good foundation, but needs to be built up more and intertwined with the game itself. It’d also be cool to have some more info on all the houses.

I also found this:

I suppose there’s more coming? (also dat spelling)

@YarnuTheDog:

Funnily enough, I think knowing more about the story and the lore of their world actually helps me personally with my gameplay. You know, I guess you feel a more intrinsic connection to actually finish missions and complete the objectives. Also feeling the awesome feeling of taking part in an epic battle.

It’s cool stuff man, I hope this gets fleshed out.

Sums my reasoning up pretty well.

Also, where does it state Danum is MIA? It’s said that Kearn has written a letter to Danum declaring his support to his claim.

• @SavageBeatings:

@lemonater47:

I was under the impression that the royal families were killed just hours before the order storm Stoneshill castle and slay the steward? I mean, at the end of Dark Forest, you’re in a forest beside a waterfall, and in the beginning of Stoneshill, you run out from a forest beside a waterfall. And doesn’t the Agathian “objective announcer” yell out something like “The Masons are coming out from the Dark Forest”?

And I’ve read the book of lore, I can’t recall it shedding much light on when and how Feydrid became king. I just assumed that happened when they got back to Agatha and noticed the Mason Order had turned the populance against them and that Terrowin is now “king”. So the loyalists, which “the Knights of Agatha” are also called, backed up Feydrid as their legitimate king, since they know Argon’s dead and his son is MIA.

Sure, there are a lot of men in the royal families when you slay them in Dark Forest, in fact they all are, even when the text box states one of them is the Queen. Doesn’t any of them have more right to be king? But I guess that’s just Torn Banner not wanting us to hack down women or young ones? Because otherwise I would have guessed they would be women or too young to govern. They all look like peasants as well, so that backs up that theory more. Torn Banner should really make some more royal looking (and female looking) models for Dark Forest though.

The agathians had blown the only bridge to stoneshill. You can see what’s left of the bridge in the map.

The masons had to find a way around. That wouldn’t take a few hours.

And they just poisoned the water supply. They wouldn’t take it straight after. Firstly becuase it wouldn’t Of had any affect on the agathians at all in that amount of time and secondly they would really just poison themselves when they took stoneshill.

• @lemonater47:

@SavageBeatings:

@lemonater47:

The agathians had blown the only bridge to stoneshill. You can see what’s left of the bridge in the map.

The masons had to find a way around. That wouldn’t take a few hours.

And they just poisoned the water supply. They wouldn’t take it straight after. Firstly becuase it wouldn’t Of had any affect on the agathians at all in that amount of time and secondly they would really just poison themselves when they took stoneshill.

It’s all speculation.

• Not the first two paragraphs. They didn’t attack straight after. They had to find away around as the agathians had broken the bridge which was the only way in.

• @lemonater47:

Not the first two paragraphs. They didn’t attack straight after. They had to find away around as the agathians had broken the bridge which was the only way in.

Do you have a link to the lore of the different maps so I can read it?

• @SavageBeatings:

@lemonater47:

Not the first two paragraphs. They didn’t attack straight after. They had to find away around as the agathians had broken the bridge which was the only way in.

That part is actually in the game. When you go create a game it has information about each map.

• @lemonater47:

@SavageBeatings:

@lemonater47:

That part is actually in the game. When you go create a game it has information about each map.

You mean these ones?

[image:22lbemgd]http://i.imgur.com/7cbtsan.jpg[/image:22lbemgd]

[image:22lbemgd]http://i.imgur.com/7tA2O6C.jpg[/image:22lbemgd]

The Agathians were unawarez