How to select Gamemode/aocplayerstart [Fixed]

• Hey there! I Have a question concerning the SDK. I honestly don’t have that much experience with stuff like this. I understand quite a few things and can start a map, but i’m lost as to how to select which game mode i want for the map. I also cant seem to find the actor to allow players to spawn. The only actor for something like that i see is player start. I cant find aoc player start. I’m eager to start a map, and i feel like a complete noob because this is the only thing holding me back .

:?: :cry: :?:

Thanks! -bfast

• I just told you how to fix this 5 minutes ago, but I guess I’ll tell others how to do it also.

In the top left of the SDK find the “View” tab, and mouse over that. Once you mouse over that scroll down to the 4th option and find “World Properties”, and click on it. When you’re in the “World Properties” tab, click and expand the “Game Type” option. While you’re in the “Game Type” tab, look at the third tab where it says “Game Type For PIE”, and make that AOCFFA (for testing), or any other mode you need.

• Developer

And AOCPlayerStarts are found in the content browser’s actor list tab. I’m not sure where you’re looking for them, but they definitely should show up in there.

• There are also example maps with notes explaining this for each game mode. They are in ContentSDK.

• @Tree0ctopus:

I just told you how to fix this 5 minutes ago, but I guess I’ll tell others how to do it also.

In the top left of the SDK find the “View” tab, and mouse over that. Once you mouse over that scroll down to the 4th option and find “World Properties”, and click on it. When you’re in the “World Properties” tab, click and expand the “Game Type” option. While you’re in the “Game Type” tab, look at the third tab where it says “Game Type For PIE”, and make that AOCFFA (for testing), or any other mode you need.

And

@CrustaceanSoup:

And AOCPlayerStarts are found in the content browser’s actor list tab. I’m not sure where you’re looking for them, but they definitely should show up in there.

The Information provided above only worked in the editor, but when I played my map in game I can’t choose my class nor add any bots.

Any ideas or solutions will be appreciated. 8-)

• Developer

Give the map a prefix like our maps (e.g. AOCFFA as in AOCFFA-Arena3_p), and set the default gametype in the World Properties (probably not necessary, can’t hurt).

• Wait, it actually depends on the map prefix?

• Developer

Yeah. I put a workaround for that in the SDK wiki, but that only works for custom gamemodes, and you still need a prefix (and to add it to DefaultGame.ini/UDKGame.ini) for cooking. The only reason to use the workaround is so that server operators don’t need to modify their PCServer-UDKGame.ini

Chivalry gamemodes need that prefix. It’s a way of doing things that we inherited from the UT/UDK base scripts way back.

• @CrustaceanSoup:

Give the map a prefix like our maps (e.g. AOCFFA as in AOCFFA-Arena3_p), and set the default gametype in the World Properties (probably not necessary, can’t hurt).

Thanks, It Worked!

• I’m still having problems with this. The player doesn’t spawn.

I’ve done everything in the documentation as far as I can tell. Do they playerstarts have to have paths and path nodes?

• Developer

No, path nodes aren’t necessary for anything. Is the game type that’s running at least valid? Do you get the team and class select screens?

If yes, do you have AOCPlayerStarts? Did you build paths after placing or moving the starts? Do you have AOCPlayerStarts for both teams, or AOCPlayerStarts with the team set to EFAC_All?

If no, does the map have a valid Chivalry map prefix? (AOCFFA-, AOCTD-, AOCTO-, AOCKOTH-, AOCLTS-, AOCCTF-, AOCTUT-, AOCDUEL-)

• @CrustaceanSoup:

No, path nodes aren’t necessary for anything. Is the game type that’s running at least valid? Do you get the team and class select screens?

If yes, do you have AOCPlayerStarts? Did you build paths after placing or moving the starts? Do you have AOCPlayerStarts for both teams, or AOCPlayerStarts with the team set to EFAC_All?

If no, does the map have a valid Chivalry map prefix? (AOCFFA-, AOCTD-, AOCTO-, AOCKOTH-, AOCLTS-, AOCCTF-, AOCTUT-, AOCDUEL-)

Ok, I’m trying to make a basic FFA at this stage. I have used AOCPlayerStarts from the content browser (not the default UDKplayerstarts) made sure they are EFAC_All but I’ve also tried EFAC_FFA. I’ve set the gametype to FFA in World Properties for both PIE and default. I built the basic Kismet “Level Loaded” and linked it to “Initialise Game Variables”. I named the level AOCFFA-*

The class selection screen comes up but then the countdown starts without loading the player.

I can make it work by opening the example map and editing that then “Save As” with a different name. However if I delete the default AOCPlayerStarts and add my own then I have the same problem.

• Developer

You didn’t answer one of the important questions there. Did you build paths?

• @CrustaceanSoup:

You didn’t answer one of the important questions there. Did you build paths?

Sorry, no I didn’t. That’s why I asked if it was important.

• Developer

It is. Any time playerstarts are created or moved, you need to do that.

• @CrustaceanSoup:

It is. Any time playerstarts are created or moved, you need to do that.

OK, then that’s probably it. How come you said?
    @CrustaceanSoup:

No, path nodes aren’t necessary for anything.

• Developer

Because path nodes aren’t necessary for anything. I didn’t say building paths wasn’t :?

You also need to build paths if you place or move a pylon. You can use pathnodes for AI navigation, but navmeshes (generated from pylons) are preferable.

• Great, thanks heaps Crusty :D