Being kicked?

• Hello, I have Been playing Chivalry since its release and recently I have been getting kicked from the only 2 populated servers by the same people because they suspect that I somehow have been speed hacking or glitching. Keep in mind they only complain when they are losing and when they are on top of the Leaderboard, you do not hear a peep.

I was wondering if anybody knows if there is an update coming where people can only kick on private servers instead of public, or maybe something to block people from spamming the kick function?

This is getting very old and I payed for this game, I wish to play with my mates and I don’t want to be punished by people who are just aren’t doing as well as others. Obviously my 3 friends and myself can’t out-vote if the person voting has more of his friends on the server.

• Get their names and IDs. Play on official servers and get the global moderators to come to your aid.

• Votekicking is the most powerful weapon in Chivalry and the people like to use it very frequently.

• @lemonater47:

Get their names and IDs. Play on official servers and get the global moderators to come to your aid.

Thanks for the advice, I will record their details for future reference.

Cheers.

• The easiest fix is for server admins and TB to set the default % required for a kick to 70%. 55% is way too easily achieved and this is the problem, that is all. So simple.

• @Goden:

Votekicking is the most powerful weapon in Chivalry and the people like to use it very frequently.

I agree, it isn’t a sword but it essentially has the same effect.

The way I see it, if players keep kicking other’s out of the server’s then Chivalry will never grow beyond that of a teenager having a dummy spit unfortunately, I have met some great people so far and I’m grateful for that.

• @Toll:

The easiest fix is for server admins and TB to set the default % required for a kick to 70%. 55% is way too easily achieved and this is the problem, that is all. So simple.

I have noticed that actually, didn’t really think about that until you mentioned it. Hopefully the vote system sorts itself out, one can only hope hey lol.

• When you’re being kicked (or, voted) make sure to try and speak up for yourself as soon as you can. I know this sounds like an idiot giving advice, but I get the “HAXOR!” kick announcement when I use the SOW (go figure haha) in public servers every now and then, and I find if I immediately speak up before people vote I tend to be able to stay in servers. Often-times just saying, “lulz what are you talking about, I’m comboing” or whatever is enough to get people to vote no. Being silent is almost an admission of guilt it would seem.

• I always ask the accuser, with their name in my reply text, Why they initiated kicks. Also from the moment you join a server, you should be vocal and praise others. When the inevitable kickvote comes along most of the server will think you’re a pretty good guy and will vote no. <–- Pro-Tip

• @Toll:

The easiest fix is for server admins and TB to set the default % required for a kick to 70%. 55% is way too easily achieved and this is the problem, that is all. So simple.

Vote kicking is different in different regions.

Down here we struggle to kick people that need to be kicked. Many of us want it to be a Lower percentage.

• What is the %? Default is 55% isn’t?

I find in Australia 55% gets hit too easily, even 65% would cut down on a lot of silly votekicks that should never happen. If someone is being truly disruptive it should be easy to get 65% of votes as Yes.

• @Toll:

What is the %? Default is 55% isn’t?

I find in Australia 55% gets hit too easily, even 65% would cut down on a lot of silly votekicks that should never happen. If someone is being truly disruptive it should be easy to get 65% of votes as Yes.

Most of votes end up around 50-50. Unless team damage is over 35%.

Bit then there’s plenty of those who team wound. They dont get that high.

• Well if the votes are 50/50 that sort of says the server isn’t overwhelming caring one way or the other. In that case, why should the person be kicked?

• i was tked and voted off because i was playing in the server for too long.
    Can you imagine that.

• Playing a game of Citadel.

Tell my team to get on top of the wall to protect the ballistas, they ignore me and all run down into the craggy wasteland to meet the Agathians head on. 4 Agatha sneak past, kill me at the top and proceed to leisurely shoot down the wall, all while I’m warning my team that they are up there.

Slave part, I tell my team to hold up on top, as the bottom slave pits are expendable and it only matters when only the top pens are left. They of course, don’t listen to a thing I say, the only people up top are me and some archers.

Hall doors part, Try again, a little miffed, to tell my team to stay by the doors and not go out to meet them, as they will only avoid you and make a b-line for the doors. I once again am completely disregarded, Agatha ignore the masons out trying to chase them, they all come at me, kill me after a hard fight, and knock down the door in what has to be record time.

King part, and I’m the king, I tell them I don’t even want to be protected by such a useless team. Votekick initiated on the King of Masons, and Agatha will of course take the free win.

I get kicked.

• @2maidens1chalice:

King part, and I’m the king, I tell them I don’t even want to be protected by such a useless team. Votekick initiated on the King of Masons, and Agatha will of course take the free win.

I get kicked.

I find humor and kindness to work better. “lulz, teammates please OTHER side of room, I need to stay alive!”

Honestly harassing players isn’t going to get you anywhere. If you’re playing on a server with a bunch of TO noobs who have no idea what they’re doing (or refuse to do it even though they know what they’re supposed to do) then it might just be better to find another server. Yelling at them what to do and then calling them useless is no fun for them, the majority of the team. If you want the team to play “how they’re supposed to” it might be better to just find another server with more people who will (I find clan TO servers, like Interitus, are best if you’re getting TKed a lot on pub officials and not having a good time through noobish play).

To them you’re spamming chat and being a jerk. I understand your point of view, but being verbally mean to them won’t get you anywhere positive, ya know? No offense or anything, but just try to see it through their eyes.

• Nerf Votekick.

• If this is happening on Official servers, please call a moderator (Steam group link in my sig).

You can add any of us that are online to friends temporarily. We all have Admin on OFFICIAL servers, and can cancel votes in progress and deal with any nobbers abusing votekick or anything else. (Be aware we may have to sit in a while to judge).

With Private servers, it’s up to that server’s admin to sort it out.