Warbow Arrow Speed…

• Personally I warbow needs a little bit more arrow speed tbh (from what I heard and afaik the warbow and shortbow have the same arrow speed but longbow has a bit more)

• Sure it does

• Not sure I agree, that’d mean I’d have to learn when to release my arrows again :l
    Then again yeah it should be faster than short/longbow.

• Someone asking for a Warbow buff….now I have seen it all :D

• Nope Warbow’s arrows are the slowest (slower than short bow) for balancing reasons. I found while testing all bows and crossbows across the board, that warbow arrows have by far the the most comfortable speed for leadshots.
    E.g. if I expect someone to get knocked back with the next incoming attack, for some reason only the warbow’s arrows will match my release timing, but that’s probably just me :P

• @gamerdude535:

Personally I warbow needs a little bit more arrow speed tbh (from what I heard and afaik the warbow and shortbow have the same arrow speed but longbow has a bit more)

Shortbow as the fastest arrow. Beside de bolt of the Crossbow. (Uber speed that be balanced by the reload time).

Even if I only use the Warbow, I don’t think gain of speed for the arrow would be a nice idea. Faggots would again complain about how uberpowerfull the warbow is. And If it come to competition with the Crossbow aim system (wait to someone to get in the middle of your screen and shoot…), It would really kill archery’s gaming =(

• @Liori:

@gamerdude535:

Personally I warbow needs a little bit more arrow speed tbh (from what I heard and afaik the warbow and shortbow have the same arrow speed but longbow has a bit more)

Shortbow as the fastest arrow. Beside de bolt of the Crossbow. (Uber speed that be balanced by the reload time).

Even if I only use the Warbow, I don’t think gain of speed for the arrow would be a nice idea. Faggots would again complain about how uberpowerfull the warbow is. And If it come to competition with the Crossbow aim system (wait to someone to get in the middle of your screen and shoot…), It would really kill archery’s gaming =(

I know it’s really offtopic but where’s that avatar of yours from again?
    I remember watching a really fucked up video containing this guy…

• Both link are in signature =p

• All the bows have the same projectile speed. Heavier bows shoot straighter.

• All the bows have the same projectile speed. Heavier bows shoot straighter.

Which is weird, all objects drop at the same rate when you remove the influence of the differential of vertical drag (negligible for these arrows)…

In reality that is, not Game-world :D

• If you were to graph the variables: ARROW SPEED/DISTANCE TRAVELLED and DRAW WEIGHT, it would be a duck parabola.

Due to a heavier draw weight, to be energy-efficient and avoid weapon failure, a bow would need to shoot an arrow of sufficient weight, otherwise, you are not getting an optimal energy transfer, not to mention you are essentially dry-firing your bow. So, there is a proportional limit as to the distance, speed, and draw weight.

Which, as I understand it, would render the effective RANGE of different bows inconsistent, not necessarily their speed, assuming they are paired with a proper projectile.

Not really sure if that made sense. Good shooting.

• @Carolean:

If you were to graph the variables: ARROW SPEED/DISTANCE TRAVELLED and DRAW WEIGHT, it would be a duck parabola.

Due to a heavier draw weight, to be energy-efficient and avoid weapon failure, a bow would need to shoot an arrow of sufficient weight, otherwise, you are not getting an optimal energy transfer, not to mention you are essentially dry-firing your bow. So, there is a proportional limit as to the distance, speed, and draw weight.

Which, as I understand it, would render the effective RANGE of different bows inconsistent, not necessarily their speed, assuming they are paired with a proper projectile.

Not really sure if that made sense. Good shooting.

Nope.

Arrows use to stall so once they deccelareted to a certain minimum speed they drop exponential in speed and height.

• Not necessarily. If you fire an ash shafted, 7’’ fletched arrow in a perfect 45 degree trajectory over, say, 220 yards (minimum practice range for English archers as ordained by Henry VIII) you would find that, on its downward flight, it would increase in momentum as it is acted upon by gravity and would (theoretically) approach a velocity similar to that upon its release.

Provided the fletchings don’t overpower the gravity acted upon the projectile, as would be the case of a “flu-flu” arrow.

Of course, this hinges on the height you achieve. So if you fire an arrow parellel or nearly so to the ground, you are absolutely right- it would decelerate enormously after a certain distance, having no room to regain momentum.

Wait, Escadin, were you talking about in-game physics?

• @Carolean:

Wait, Escadin, were you talking about in-game physics?

No, I weren’t. ^^ Sadly, I’ve never had a chance to aim / shoot my bow that far since all shooting ranges around are limited to ~100y.