45+? Yeah, you hack.

• There are hackers in servers damn near every day. Moderation is a joke, you never see ReMixx or Kim in the servers anymore, and the Steam Moderator Group is apathetic to the fact that hacking is rampant in this game.

(Before you ask, yes, they were hacking. No, they weren’t lagging. Yes, I can tell the difference.)

Will anything be done? Moderation needs improvement, some sort of valve like anti-cheat is needed, and most of all we need a clan community that doesn’t support/encourage hacking.

• Been playing almost every day again for an average of 3-4 hours per day, on official servers only. I’ve yet to see any hackers, and I play consistently with many 45+ and 50+ people (I am 50 my self). I even have terrible net at the moment with major packet loss.

I’m not seeing any hackers on official servers, though I only play on TO and classic, sometimes TDM.

• the title of your thread is confusing - are you trying to say that ALL rank 45+ are hacking?? if so, it’s no wonder the mods are losing interest if people are crying wolf because they kept being killed by high-level “hackers”.

• Name of those presumed “hacker” ? in reality you will see more hacker under 40 than 45+ cause you need 650h for this level, you rarely gonna see a hacker at this point.

• If only we had the power to remove anyone from a server with a simple command…

Oh wait.

• I still don’t see these hackers. More often I see desync and hits that hit a few milliseconds early or later. I’m not so quick to accuse people of hacking, often I’m quicker to assume my reflexes are wearing.

How are you sure they’re hackers?

What servers do you play on?

Do you try and kick these people? Do people you play with agree they’re hacking?

• I saw a hacker once, called a votekick and said ‘Lol, this guy is hacking’
    90% Yes and (s)he was out of there, within a few minutes of joining.

• I’ve only seen 4 legitimate hackers in my time playing on official servers. Their ranks were 32, 43, 5, 37. Two of them were crazy speed hacks that made them able to run 100 mph, another the Malric model and able to make people explode, and the last one had an archer go 31-0 on LTS where he didn’t miss a shot.

• Have never seen a hacker unless they were being very subtle about it.

• @Lann094:

I saw a hacker once, called a votekick and said ‘Lol, this guy is hacking’
    90% Yes and (s)he was out of there, within a few minutes of joining.

Funnily enough this also happened to me by someone accusing me of hacking. I was on a non Official server otherwise I would have just cancelled the vote myself :P

• So…you should probably change your title. It makes it seem as if you are implying that anyone over that rank level hacks, which is not at all the case. Once you’ve invested enough time in this game, you don’t really need to hack. Not to mention that at those high levels of rank, your play is usually scrutinized by others and unless it is a very subtle hack, you will likely be called out on it. I know I almost always gauge up the high ranks when I am in the same server, and you see mostly familiar names nowadays.

More to the point, I play across pretty much all the servers and I have only run into maybe 4 hackers. Two were doing that annoying King hack, one was speedhacking poorly and the other was just hacking admin commands and such. For the most part, hacking really isn’t too much of a problem. There is also a steam group you can join to report abuse/violations.

• I got accused of doing an ‘invisible’ hack because I went 10-0 and nobody ever saw me. Umm … I was in the tree …

• @SOC:

Been playing almost every day again for an average of 3-4 hours per day, on official servers only. I’ve yet to see any hackers, and I play consistently with many 45+ and 50+ people (I am 50 my self). I even have terrible net at the moment with major packet loss.

I’m not seeing any hackers on official servers, though I only play on TO and classic, sometimes TDM.

I play much less than you and have seen 15+ hackers.

When I am bored enough I even have recorded them….how you never run into any is a mystery.

• I just saw 2 in 480h.

• I play almost only on duel servers (not FFA duels) on NA servers like hivegaming and the official one. More than I find acceptable I’ve met people who were playing “off”. Thing is, its really hard to tell if its “hacking” or just lag, or something else. Only a few times (possibly just once) in about 100 hours have I thought, “yeah, this guy is definitely speed hacking”. Again, though, hacks are usually very subtle, and you just can’t say anything really.

• People that think this game isnt FULL of hackers are unobservant.

• Ive seen 3 hackers in the last 2 weeks, before that they were much more rare. 2 times was the same guy and 1 time was someone new.
    It seems to me, that after the free weekend more hackers have appeared for a short time and then moved on.

• So I should stop playing at rank 44 unless I want to be called a hacker… =/

• @JCash:

People that think this game isnt FULL of hackers are unobservant.

I’ve heard you say this before, and maybe I’ve played less than you (450 hours right now), but I honestly don’t see them very often. I think they key element that makes this game appear hacker-infested is the issue of two different players seeing two very slightly different things at the same time. If I’m hit a little early in one or two swings and then have them go back to “normal” I’m assuming that isn’t hacking, it’s a desync (etc.) issue. Most of my movements and actions are based on memory and reflex at this point, and there are very few times where the “same old movements” don’t do alright for me.

I’d be interested to see what proof you could provide as to the level of hackers in this game. Until then I just don’t think I can believe it because in my own experience there are few times anything looks awry at all. Please do not take offense, none is intended. I just have to go with my own experience.

I know your belief is that 20% or so speedhacking can’t be picked up, but if they’re doing it it’s not having any effect whatsoever on my timing and learned reflexes.

I’m at 450 hours and have seen MAYBE a total of…. 5 hackers?

RIght now the things that kill me consistently are ridiculous mouse drags I’m not ready for, feinting, and guys who just don’t make mistakes (ia Xexyc and MEATBRICK are the names that instantly come to mind here).

• Perhaps I was quick on the tongue.

The point isn’t that people are hacking. We’re playing a computer game on an engine that is old. Hacks are expected.

A solid anti-hack should be a given though. Even if that anti-hack is a volunteer moderation team.

Yes, you can votekick hackers. Yes they are IP banned for 15 mins, but they just go terrorize another server. That’s not an acceptable long term solution.

Since there is very little to no downsides to hacking, why not? There is very little moderation of the servers (even the official ones) so just crank those combos/releases down by .05. Or Bump your walk/run speed up by .1. It’s not noticeable to most of the pubbers, and those who can tell are drowned out or just play with it.