CU1 Patch 2 RC3

• Hey guys,

The only change in this patch is the MAA reverted 5% back/strafe speed buff and reduced base movement to 210 from 220.

Quick test today and we’ll roll out to live tomorrow (if all goes well). And from that point, we can release any quick hot fixes as needed.

Thanks!

• Man-at-Arms sprint acceleration increased by 33%
    This is reverted too?

• Tantalizingly close to release.

When is the SDK gonna make it into live?

• As a Vanguard, MAA now kills me in 1 Slash + 1 Kick (both in the torso). Did I miss something ?! Well, I can’t wait for the live patch anyway. Many great things (and very few bad ones hopefully).

• Thanks for the update and the hard work trying to get this much needed patch out.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Man-at-Arms sprint acceleration increased by 33%
    This is reverted too?

Hopefully not. Otherwise Archer is just as fast if not faster than the MAA again.

• I hope this claymore on the beta won’t be the real thing on live. :(

• @rumpelstiltskin:

This is reverted too?

That still exists, but MAA has reduced sprint speed, 315 down from 330. I’m guessing this was an oversight though, because it’s using the wrong mod adjustment so even the Archer sprints faster than that now.

Honestly, they didn’t even need to screw around with the ground speed, you can achieve the results by:

Leaving the ground speed at 200
    Leaving the sprint mod at 1.65
    Increase back mod from 0.85 to 0.89
    Increase strafe mod from 0.9 to 0.95

And we’ve spent several days on something that requires a 10 second file edit and a bit of math.

• Were the gamebreaking ghost swings fixed?

Many aggressive fights result in desynched attacks, ghost swings, and invisible swings. Stabs often look like overheads, and viceversa.

• @Kimiko:

we can release any quick hot fixes as needed.

Torn Banner doing a hot-fix? Not likely

• Wasn’t Sly asking us to be extra vigilant about calling out any problems with the beta so they can avoid having to hotfix anything? He said hotfixing would only delay development on customization and other projects :(

Be vigilant, i want my snake emblem soon!

• @KONGEN:

Torn Banner doing a hot-fix? Not likely

That was when they were still a virtual team. If you look now, they’ve already launched like 7 betas in less than a month. Give them a break, would you?

• I have tested brandistock abilities with some fine beta players just right now we discovered that you can perform an accelerated slash that is faster than a speed of light due to its starting almost in the middle of the screen, so please check up on that. Fine Chivalry players with 90+ ping might not even see animation and just die!

The rest is pretty fine. As always flail needs its Heater shield but other than that Chivalry feels mostly smooth.

1h feints grrr shhhh…

• I say it is ready for Live Release now. The MAA change shouldn’t need a day of delay.

Bring it on TB, we have waited long enough.

I’m at work now, I would very much like to go home to the new patch ;)

• @Vesanus:

I have tested brandistock abilities with some fine beta players just right now we discovered that you can perform an accelerated slash that is faster than a speed of light due to its starting almost in the middle of the screen, so please check up on that. Fine Chivalry players with 90+ ping might not even see animation and just die!

The rest is pretty fine. As always flail needs its Heater shield but other than that Chivalry feels mostly smooth.

1h feints grrr shhhh…

Yeah, even normal slashes are a bit too fast.
    Even experienced players cant block them easily.

• Can you please release a complete change log before going Live?

Then post them to this forum and General Discussion.

A lot of people will want to give feedback on weapon changes that can’t test the beta very well and have no representatives on the “balance council”, e.g. virtually everyone in Asia, Australia and NZ.

• @Derpasaur:

Were the gamebreaking ghost swings fixed?

Many aggressive fights result in desynched attacks, ghost swings, and invisible swings. Stabs often look like overheads, and viceversa.

+1

Seems like everyone ignored this “minor” point…lol

• @Martin:

@rumpelstiltskin:

This is reverted too?

That still exists, but MAA has reduced sprint speed, 315 down from 330. I’m guessing this was an oversight though, because it’s using the wrong mod adjustment so even the Archer sprints faster than that now.

Honestly, they didn’t even need to screw around with the ground speed, you can achieve the results by:

And we’ve spent several days on something that requires a 10 second file edit and a bit of math.

This ^^

• @Knil:

@Martin:

@rumpelstiltskin:

This is reverted too?

This ^^

5% more backpedal and strafe isn’t even close to making up for the dodge nerf. This patch really can’t go live with these MAA changes.

• I cannot wait to feast on delicious MAA tears.