CU1 Patch 2 Now Online! Patch Notes inside!

• @Sidewinder:

Yeah fuck TBS for possibly having any ideas of their own. I mean, who the fuck do they think they are making design decisions. Don’t they know they work for us now and are forbidden from having any creative thought?

yeah ok, this pretty much confirms my suspicions that you don’t actually comprehend what the problem is. the fact that you have to throw in a few f-bombs to exaggerate “my” argument and make it look like i’m beside myself with rage (i’m not, by the way) seals the deal.

they “fixed” a mechanic that wasn’t broken. i’ve never come across anyone that had any issue with a lack of cooldown on combo-feint-parries. no mention of it in pubs, forums or the comp community. the balance council held a meeting where this wasn’t suggested at all but they have decided to change it anyway. if you can’t see any issue with this then i’m afraid i don’t think i can help you.

• Just played a few rounds with the new patch…

It is a very different experience than the previous version, which I personally do not like at first playthroughs.

I am sure it will be good once I get the hang of it, but I didn’t see the need to rehaul the game dynamics so drastically. Old version was just fine be me.

I would have been happier with this being like an “arcade mode” or something like that, giving servers the option of choosing this or keeping it the old way.

Can’t see myself trying to relearn how to play a game I already enjoyed immensely before.

As with all changes, people resist, LOL. A little change is easy to pass through. Too much change turns people off IMO.

• There are plenty of people that disliked the combo-feint to parry mechanic. Obviously you disagree with that opinion but everyone is going around acting like TBS is off their rocker for even considering doing something that the “majority” deemed god-like.

• @Sidewinder:

There are plenty of people that disliked the combo-feint to parry mechanic. Obviously you disagree with that opinion but everyone is going around acting like TBS is off their rocker for even considering doing something that the “majority” deemed god-like.

Only people who dont understand the overall balance of this game.

• @Sidewinder:

There are plenty of people that disliked the combo-feint to parry mechanic. Obviously you disagree with that opinion but everyone is going around acting like TBS is off their rocker for even considering doing something that the “majority” deemed god-like.

Who is the “majority”, who is more important? 1000 people who play for one hour, or 1 person who plays for 1000 hours? TB would be well advised not to fuck those up who care most about this game.

• @afiNity:

@Sidewinder:

Who is the “majority”, who is more important? 1000 people who play for one hour, or 1 person who plays for 1000 hours? TB would be well advised not to fuck those up who care most about this game.

Well in a business sense, 1000 people playing for one hour are way more valuable than one person playing 1000 hours. Perhaps they are catering to new players or trying to attract new audiences and get more buyers.

• @afiNity:

@Sidewinder:

The only problem with that sentiment is that the people that claim to “care most about this game” are the ones saying they’re abandoning ship for X and X reason. If I were TBS and saw people saying “fuck it I’m out” instead of providing constructive criticism and trying to make the game better, I’d be pretty put off from wanting to listen to anything they had to say.

Be crude and harsh about this patch, but if you truly care about this game then stick around keep voicing your opinions. Making ultimatums like “it’s either this patch or me” is just immature and doesn’t motivate people in a positive manner.

• There are a couple issues with this patch that have already been mentioned but could always use some reinforcement:

Melee duels allow less creativity and are now more of a game of rock paper scissors. Simplifying mechanics can work, but only if there was an issue with said mechanic (too complicated, unreliable).

2nd: Archery is too good now, especially with how long melee duels can go on for.
    Crossbows never needed a projectile speed buff, BOWS did. Crossbow damage numbers are good now, but the speed is unnecessary.
    I say this as archer being my primary class in competitive play.

• @Sidewinder:

@afiNity:

@Sidewinder:

The only problem with that sentiment is that the people that claim to “care most about this game” are the ones saying they’re abandoning ship for X and X reason. If I were TBS and saw people saying “fuck it I’m out” instead of providing constructive criticism and trying to make the game better, I’d be pretty put off from wanting to listen to anything they had to say.

Be crude and harsh about this patch, but if you truly care about this game then stick around keep voicing your opinions. Making ultimatums like “it’s either this patch or me” is just immature and doesn’t motivate people in a positive manner.

If this was a friendship and TBS was doing favors, I would agree with you.

However, in business you can’t afford to lose customers over changes. Recent example, Microsoft and xBox One.

So people saying they are quitting the game because of changes is a very valid form of disapproval which may institute a change in direction. Of course, this is not a complete parallel, as xBox one doesn’t have the majority of their buyers yet, whereas Chivalry does. So from that viewpoint, they may feel it is worth ruffling some feathers in hopes of attracting a new crowd, or reviving old players to check out the new changes.

• With this patch first person meele becomes tank (or some cornharvester) simulator for me as a knight. Toooooo slowwwwww. And some keybinds gone to hell, but thats ok, every patch have to mess cfg files for chivalry.

• Why weren’t the Beta Zweihänder changes implemented in any kind of way? I want the Zweihänder to be viable in competitive play. It isn’t viable as it is.

Zweihander slash combo from .8 to .85 and release from .65 to .575
    Zweihander overhead windup/combo/release from .6/.825/.6 to .675/.9/.525
    Zweihander stab windup from .7 to .75 and release from .5 to .4

• Can anybody confirm if projectile stickies work for arrows/bolts?

It only seem to work if YOU SHOT the projectiles.
    I tried to spectate archers hitting target but I don’t see anything on them.

Javelin, throwing axe, and daggers seem fine though.

Also head-shot with arrows are blowing heads up…

• Oh god it’s so slow, it feels like I’m kneedeep in custard. It was so annoying I just closed the game.

Apart from how massively slow combat is, I approve of this patch.

I’ll give it another shot later but **** that is just sooooo slooooow. I can deal with nerfs/buffs and stuff but you just changed the flow of the game completely. It feels less viscerally immersive, so much less intense.

• @StillAlive:

@Oddy:

Incredible whining.

You’ve now voiced your opinion 3 or 4 times in this thread and every single one of those posts were nothing but garbage. If you feel that the patch is somehow wrong in your eyes then please do the following:

a. At least tell what the problem is instead of just hopping onto the “Game is shit, fuck TB” bandwagon.

b. Actually try to come up with an argument voicing your opinion in the proper way.

c. Stop being so hatefull. You are aware that Torn Banner could’ve just screwed over the community because they already earned their money. They didn’t do as such but instead put a lot of work into making a good patch. You’ve had a whole month to voice your opinion about the beta and now afterwards you’re doing nothing but spread hatred with your stupid and irrelevant posts. Jesus. Pull yourself together.

a. i’ve done this in my first post

b. some as a.

c. accept the frustration of the player, because it’s now a completly different game and i will cry and “sray my hatred” as long as i want ;)

• Iam also disappointed with changed values of claymore now its pointless to even use that weapon i will rather go for Greatsword.

• I don’t think I like the patch all that much…. :(

• Hey TB, you still have the chance to revert the patch, and I’d recommend that.
    It got extremely casual, and I don’t like that direction.

I almost compared this game to quake, because everything that matters is/was playerskill, but right now it’s heading in the opposite direction.

not only the gamemechanics got ruined, maa is also unplayable now. I really don’t know how to handle my favorite class now, but probably I am the only one.

• Am I the only one who’s actually liking the patch? XD

• @smokingbobs:

Am I the only one who’s actually liking the patch? XD

Every patch get’s hate. But mostly we all could adjust to it, but this time it really went too much in the casual direction…

• giant axe now mutates into a sword when striking from above

Why change the Bardiche overhead to swing? Because a big axe/polearm must not do the same damage as other axes/polearms - apparently just to make it counterintiutive (even worse as slashes still deal the slash/blunt damage one would expect). The other damage type changes are similar but less aggravating.

• wooden shield still suicides after buddy died or hurt its feelings

No changes to the Pavise? It still can’t be used like it should but stays the Archers.

• reloading a crossbow still grants you an invisible friend holding it in place

Crossbow glitching wasn’t mentioned at all. So I assume you can still reload while looking up and walking around?