CU1 Patch 2 Now Online! Patch Notes inside!

• And talk about the second 2H sword of the knight. “Warsword” i guess ?

I assume that you have made it shorter, but the visuals seems to remain longer ! I saw a lot of swings pass through me without hurt from that weapon.

edit : and yeah, the dobleside axe is great now, but it seems too fast, could be decreased a little.

• If you’re in mid-dodge, are other players supposed to be able to hit you where you originally were? It’s constantly happening to me to a point where if the opposing player is using a rather quick weapon I have to guess when they’re going to attack and dodge pre-emptively. Not sure if it came with the new patch or not, but it’s rather annoying getting hurt when their weapon swings to the left/right/front of me because it made contact with that spot before the dodge animation was complete.

ALSO WHEN ARE CATAPULTS GETTING A CAM

• I recently did a vanguard sprint attack head on into an MAA while he was dodging forward straight at me. There was no collision of any kind, he appeared behind me- MAA dodge is clearly Raiden’s teleport move from Mortal Kombat. :?

• MOOOORTAL KOMBAAAAAAAT!!

• @Pilgore:

Soooo……the bearded axe…yeaahhhh… :|

It needs a nerf.

It’s quick. However, it’s stab and slash are poor and it’s reach is terrible. You know a weapon is OP when more than half the server is running around using it ie vanguard/halberd in the early days and knights/sword of war before this most recent patch.

You’d be lucky to see more than two people using the beaded axe on a full server.

In my opinion, that makes it far from OP. Infact, it needs buffed :o

• @Nimmer:

@Pilgore:

Soooo……the bearded axe…yeaahhhh… :|

It needs a nerf.

It’s quick. However, it’s stab and slash are poor and it’s reach is terrible. You know a weapon is OP when more than half the server is running around using it ie vanguard/halberd in the early days and knights/sword of war before this most recent patch.

You’d be lucky to see more than two people using the beaded axe on a full server.

In my opinion, that makes it far from OP. Infact, it needs buffed :o

I can agree with this… Maybe not the buff, but I definitely never have issues fighting someone that uses it, especially since you can easily block what you know is most often going to be an overhead.

Also, I looked at what others were saying about the SOW, and I may have spoken to soon on it. I mean, I definitely have a harder time using it now, but maybe I just need to get used to its new style. The thing is, I feel that nerfing the knight swords was right, since almost any pro-knight player always used on (obvious sign of its superiority), but in hindsight its also very true when people point out that the secondary swords are now basically as good or better of a choice. Maybe changing something other than their speed and damage is what is needed. Or perhaps now that their speed and damage is changed, maybe lower the stamina cost of the swords, making it more tactical.

• The patch is not perfect but it did take a few right steps. It did nothing to nothing to make game easier for new players since I can still kill new players easily even if they outnumber me, killed most of the team by myself in last team standing another day. I did not use all the cheap stuff to begin with that been messed with so maybe thats why changes did not affect me that much. Though you can still do half of the stuff they tried to fix.
    MAA did need a nerf. I don’t understand why people say that now that maa can’t do dodge attack as well anymore that makes the class horrible. I mean really? They take away one thing that was annoying as hell and half of the people declares class useless now? People say that people should have learned how to play and stopped complaining. Well, now those players swapped places and they complain, refusing to learn how to play with new builds. This maa build is not even bad, you can still attack during dodge, just not as well. I thought that maa dodge attack is a bs, I could deal with it but I did not like it. Why? cause by doing that maa had vanguard reach while having a faster weapon.
    Archers should not have been buffed that much. Why even buff them in melee?
    The bubble does nothing, and knock backs don’t do much. Half of the time knock back does not even work and when it does it does not do much.
    Knights did need a nerf, the chase mechanic is part of it and it’s great. Weapon nerfs, I am not so sure about. I tried playing long sword and I did just fine but just for the fact that it is slower broad sword, thats just not cool. Longsword should have been only changed to where you can’t two hit vanguards with 2 lmb. SoW, I would just make lmb weaker as well, you can still two hit vanguard with stab and overhead so they as well could have left those two attacks as they were. I do agree with speed change on SoW though.

• Finally spent some solid time playing with the new patch. I am not as adamantly opposed as so many people but there are a few problems to be sure.

As with everyone else, I agree archers were unnecessarily buffed. I love what you did with the javelins, but the bows and crossbows don’t need to be this good - there’s just too many archers on the battlefield now. I do however, rather like the Vanguard’s sprint upgrade, it feels like there’s actually a point to using it now. Might help if it worked a little more fluidly though, looks kinda warp-ish right now.

I still like the MAA dodge nerf, despite the complaints he’s not competitive anymore. Perhaps a tiny movement bonus to him is in order instead.

On the whole, the new stamina system is appealing. It puts an end to the deadlocks of bashing one another’s parries for so long and rewards the player who doesn’t go about feinting and parrying and windmilling like crazy. That said, I think it’s currently too severe and could stand a bit of a step back from the current drain levels - A few parries, a few misses, and my vanguard shouldn’t already be panting.

I don’t like the new bubble thing around players made to stop facehugging. I dunno, maybe it would work if it were a bit smaller, but I feel like it’s just plain impossible to use daggers now. I agree it is a problem that needs addressing though.

On individual weapons, the balance seems better than it’s ever been, but will always need more work. I feel like the Brandistock is now a bit OP compared to other spears, and the bastard/great swords still need work, but I think it’s closer to where we want it. I still need more practice on that end though.

One last question - Why on earth does using a bastard sword in one hand have ANY advantage over using it in two hands? I mean, having a shield is certainly a tradeoff more than an advantage, but using it in one hand and keeping your off hand empty should never have any advantage over using the same weapon with both hands. It’s illogical and unnecessary, you’re going to be faster and hit harder using both hands.

• Are these changes to the archer weapons like the daggers and the saber; Are these restricted changes only to the archer? Or does this flow over to other classes that can use those weapons like MaA?

• Well, did not read it all but, what you really did is turn a skill based first person slasher into a skyrim playing one button masher. Simply put.

/no parry? no play.

Funny thing is, was promoting the game to friends about the sword play before this patch.

Whats the point of no Parry or no Feinting?, They are both nerfed to the point its not even fun anymore. Or they are just out altogether. FUCK the consoles.

To bad really, was a good game.

• No parry No feinting? What are you playing? Feinting and Parrying still exist.

Feints are still powerful. I used them lots last patch and use them slightly-less-than lots Post-Patch.

I’m pretty sure the main reason we see so many archers on TO and TDM is because there is probably a critical mass of archers, that once exceeded causes other players to go archer just to kill archers because they don’t have the ability (yet) to navigate the field and slay the archers.

Fighting Fire with Fire.

Pre-patch was possibly just on the cusp of that critical mass of archers, so when they got buffed ever so little it tipped it over and we see a mass of archers now.

• +1 @ Toll

Seriously. It is horrible to listen to all these whiners going “You stole my money” and “I can’t block now” “lies, lies, lies, Throws in offensive language, more lies”.

Personally I find that the game is peeking in value at the moment, and with the customization it will be almost perfect.

• @Toll:

I’m pretty sure the main reason we see so many archers on TO and TDM is because there is probably a critical mass of archers, that once exceeded causes other players to go archer just to kill archers because they don’t have the ability (yet) to navigate the field and slay the archers.

Fighting Fire with Fire.

Pre-patch was possibly just on the cusp of that critical mass of archers, so when they got buffed ever so little it tipped it over and we see a mass of archers now.

That’s a good point, Toll. I’ve also been taking archer a bit more since the patch (I never played archer pre-patch) just to kill those pesky pew-pewers!

The archer buff definitely seems OTT to me. Was anyone actually asking for a buff to archers? I don’t even think the archers were asking for it! :-)

• @The:

Might be a good idea to be civilized in your criticism instead of claiming ‘they dont care’ and being all sarcastic. It’s offensive to the developer team which gave us this game, which we love and care for. It’s blatantly ungrateful.

It is offensive that I bought the game at the original price on GOOD FAITH, and:

1. spent 800+ hours training for the classes,
    2. finding various ways to defeat the enemy, minimising the weaknesses of the classes I am using and maximising the strengths as much as possible,
    3. become pretty damn decent (I won’t say great, because there are many other great players out there) at MAA,

only to have a ton of casual players declare that “oh I can’t defeat this class, it’s too OP” instead of them being enthusiastic enough to find solutions around the problem, and not only that… have a team of developers - who apparently loves feedback so much they have deviated so far away from the original concept - change the damn mechanics of the game SO MUCH buggy patch after buggy patch, AND YET… lo and behold, there are still SO MANY PROBLEMS with the game.

FOR EXAMPLE, the cheating loopholes, that silly lil double clicking sounds of the cata AND the disappearing/floating ballistas, the now-numerous new map situation where you find all your unlocked weapons locked, just to mention a few.

Should I be pissed? Damn right I should. As much as you wanna praise the developers for the man-hours they put into making the game, WE spent as much time testing the game, playing it, and giving back our fair share of feedback. Hell, I recommended this game to 3 friends who also bought at the original price. So it’s a bloody transaction, a 2-way street. Don’t make it sound like we’re winning and they’re losing. And since it’s a 2-way street, I should be entitled to my sarcastic criticisms. And it’s offensive that with this patch, I might have actually wasted my 800+ hours playing this game. Not to mention helping TB earn a few sales without asking for anything in return because I loved the game. Now, it’s just shit. And I don’t expect things to get any better, because let’s face it, it’s been a long time since they did something really right.

• @Jironasaurus:

I might have actually wasted my 800+ hours playing this game.

Ever considered that games are there to be fun?

If you dont have fun playing the games, if its work for you that you do to get something in the future you should rethink why you play video games…

• @Towe:

@Jironasaurus:

I might have actually wasted my 800+ hours playing this game.

Ever considered that games are there to be fun?

If you dont have fun playing the games, if its work for you that you do to get something in the future you should rethink why you play video games…

It’s a matter of increasing your skill. For some, that’s fun in itself, it’s fun becoming better, it’s fun playing on a different level than someone who just want some fast kills with no thought to how it happend in the first place.

There is hardly any fun to be had now.

• with every day that passes, since the patch is released, the people on my steam list play decreasingly chivarly…
    just like me!
    and all this: “get used to it - just play with the patch” from tb and the big amount of this casuals/noobs do not work!
    i think ok a few changes in the patch are really good, but two steps forward and 5 back aren’t a progress!

• @Nimmer:

That’s a good point, Toll. I’ve also been taking archer a bit more since the patch (I never played archer pre-patch) just to kill those pesky pew-pewers!

The archer buff definitely seems OTT to me. Was anyone actually asking for a buff to archers? I don’t even think the archers were asking for it! :-)

Agreed. I used to play archer like 1/4 of my playing time… now i don’t like it anymore because :

-No need to anticipate, arrows are too fast so it looks like instant hit markers ;/
    -too mutch archers on the servers, i don’t like to play an overplayed class, usually i take the less played when i come in a serv.

Maybe the aim is too easy with those fast arrows ? Why not make a crosshair that moves a little when you hold your crossbow too long, or make a “momentum” of good aim for like 2 sec, and then your right arm sart to hurt so your aim have some trouble i don’t know…
    Something to complicate the life of archers please… they must stay the 1rst victim of the game.

• @burgzaza:

@Nimmer:

Agreed. I used to play archer like 1/4 of my playing time… now i don’t like it anymore because :

-No need to anticipate, arrows are too fast so it looks like instant hit markers ;/
    -too mutch archers on the servers, i don’t like to play an overplayed class, usually i take the less played when i come in a serv.

Maybe the aim is too easy with those fast arrows ? Why not make a crosshair that moves a little when you hold your crossbow too long, or make a “momentum” of good aim for like 2 sec, and then your right arm sart to hurt so your aim have some trouble i don’t know…
    Something to complicate the life of archers please… they must stay the 1rst victim of the game.

Since making that post I’ve read a post from TB saying that the archer buff (with regards to arrow speeds) was an unexpected result of fixing another issue to do with frame rates influencing the speed. It’s going to be addressed in the next patch.

• Oh, i thought it was an intentional buff… thanks. We’ll see then.