Why was claymore nerfed so hard?

• Can someone explain this to me? I always found my self doing consistently better with the greatsword in every situation (clan battles, duels and pubbing). Now it seems completely inferior in every way. Is there something I missed in 3 months of not playing?

• With the recent nerfs in other 2h weapons I find the claymore the most brutal 2h atm

• Claymore slash windup/release/combo from .5/.55/.65 to .475/.45/.625 and damage from 75 to 60
    Claymore overhead windup/combo/release from .55/.675/.55 to .475/.625/.45 and damage from 85 to 70
    Claymore stab windup/combo/release from .65/.65/.45 to .55/.625/.4 and damage from 70 to 65

Wouldn’t you have noticed it’s buffed speed before the lowered damage?

• I’m having so much fun with the claymore right now…

But i think the animations are desynced with it…

• @NoVaLombardia:

I’m having so much fun with the claymore right now…

But i think the animations are desynced with it…

Both true. Claymore is a good weapon now. Different from the Greatsword. But it does produce some desync issues.

• Mithron trolling

• Dude the claymore scares me, probably the weapon I’m gonna have the most trouble facing off against.

• I don’t think the claymore is OP, it just desyncs unfortunately.

• @Knil:

I don’t think the claymore is OP, it just desyncs unfortunately.

Devs, please hotfix this^.

• @Knil:

It is too fast man. It comboes faster than onehanders. Its supposed to be a fast vanguard weapon but thats it. This shit is ridiculous.
    Also yeah desyncs, in overhead especially.

• @trickshot:

@Knil:

It is too fast man. It comboes faster than onehanders. Its supposed to be a fast vanguard weapon but thats it. This shit is ridiculous.

It has to be that fast, given its length and damage as a Vg weapon.

• @Falc:

@trickshot:

@Knil:

It has to be that fast, given its length and damage as a Vg weapon.

Yeah but should it combo faster than a maa weapon?

• @trickshot:

Yeah but should it combo faster than a maa weapon?

Since there are MaA that do more damage, why can’t it be faster?

• Faster than broadsword for example?
    And because of the range. It still has more range than knight swords. No reason why it should be that fast.

• VGs are supposed to have better weapons. That’s what they do. It’s their thing.

• Its too fast. By a large margin.

Its like dagger speed…

• The one thing I think might be too stronk on claymore is the combo speed. Combos consist of release time + next hit prep time. Both of these values were reduced this patch. The windups, releases, and recoveries on their own are fine. But the combo speed + range allows you to reach around peoples parries with second hits. They get smacked again because their fov is still bouncing from the previous hit, or because their parries are off rhythm and they have to just take a hit to get back on timing. Bumping the combo back up to .65 might even things up a bit.

A fun thing about it is its knockback is the same as greatsword. I knocked a couple guys off cliffs on hillside with just thrusts. XD Works almost as well as a kick.

• They’ve nerfed it so hard that it is overpowered by being too weak and fast. Or something.

• @AngryDave:

They’ve nerfed it so hard that it is overpowered by being too weak and fast. Or something.

This.

I have absolutely NO idea where the Claymore stands right now.

• @Martin:

@AngryDave:

They’ve nerfed it so hard that it is overpowered by being too weak and fast. Or something.

This.

I have absolutely NO idea where the Claymore stands right now.

Exactly where it needs to be. Before I tried it, I thought it would be too weak. But it really is a fine weapon. Good in 1v1, not as good in TO due to short range and damage, but overall very balanced. I wouldn’t tocuh it anymore tbh.