What. The. HELL!?!?!?

• ‘Dodge speed reduced by 10%
    .3 cooldown on dodge.
    Dodge disabled during windup and release.
    Attacking disabled for the first half of dodge (attacks will queue instead.)’

What?

The dodge was the main attribute of the MaA! Because some craven fools who cannot play the game, complaining MaA is OP because they are crap and cannot beat it, now the MaA is useless for me. My playstyle often required me to be able to dodge when in an attack, such as dodgestrikes (dodging to the side at the same time as attacking, to get behind a person). An attack which is entirely possible IRL, but now impossible in-game because morons complained it was OP.

This is now unplayable. It’s OK for the ‘skilful’ metaknights, who charge at you mouse accelerating, mouse dragging and spam feinting. Now if I choose to attack them, then realise my mistake I cannot dodge out of the way (‘Dodge disabled during windup and release’), and I am powerless. I sit back and watch the slaughter. Thanks. MaA was my favourite class. It was much preferrable and my playstyle was based around speed and agility.

Performing a feat of agility such as the MaA dodge irl, even when swinging a heavy object is entirely possible. This is unrealistic. And before anyone spouts crap about ‘fun over realism’ this is not even fun… It’s bullcrap (I assume I cannot express my outrage via cursing on these forums?). This needs to be corrected. MaA was a difficult class to play before, one that required skill but had high rewards.

In order to fight well against multiple foes, dodging mid-attack was often very useful and very NECESSARY!

You devs want to fix unrealistic crap? How about the metaknights? Oh my, I might just speed up my OP 1-hit kill weapons until they are as fast as a secondary! Or maybe I will suddenly use mouse drag to slow it down, so that blocks are next to impossible! Or maybe I’ll just spam feint? FIX THAT! That is what ruins the game, not some ‘OP’ MaA dodge!

• Very much so agree with you maa didn’t really need this nerf since they’re weak on the armor and health to balance it out. And I second the whole dodging mid swing is entirely possible to do irl and it’s not even that difficult irl to imitate the kind of dodges maa does they look pretty basic. I’m not a really fast and fit guy and even I can imitate those dodges irl pretty ok. TBS please change the maa’s dodge back to the way it used to be.

• People weren’t using dodge to well, dodge.

They were using it to lunge attack and retreat. You could windup from a mile away.

Dodge was intended for MAAs to get out of danger. Not as an offensive move that not many people could see coming.

• @lemonater47:

People weren’t using dodge to well, dodge.

They were using it to lunge attack and retreat. You could windup from a mile away.

Dodge was intended for MAAs to get out of danger. Not as an offensive move that not many people could see coming.

Well, that is kind of amusing because sometimes the dodge isn’t powerful enough to get you away from the reach of a polearm.

And, even if it was originally intended as a move to get MaA out of danger, it is still entirely possible irl to use it as an offensive lunge move. Also, because of the huge stamina drain (1/6 of the stamina bar), if you abuse it and spam it, you’re going to be rendered hopeless, considering you have to block and attack as well.

MaA really didn’t need or deserve this nerf. Lunge-and-stab, I believe, is a common technique used in sword fighting, fencing, etc. Even if it doesn’t have that name, it is still the same maneuver, and it is practical and fun.

If a guy swings out of range, the MaA can leave in and give him a punishment. So do you complain to the devs? No. You learn to play, and start swinging when it will actually do something. Or you can feint out of range to entice the MaA into a trap. Just don’t complain about an ‘OP’ move.

• It’s all based from the competitive standpoint mate.

In which case it needed to be nerfed. I mean, it still works just differently. Don’t rely so heavily on a single tactic

• @UnbornAssassin:

It’s all based from the competitive standpoint mate.

In which case it needed to be nerfed. I mean, it still works just differently. Don’t rely so heavily on a single tactic

Adapt and survive.

There’s nothing stopping you from lunging back in then taking a swing. But beforehand you can start dodge as windup a stab, stab him in the face when you get there then leap out again. All that can happen on less than a second.

Now you can’t do that.

I remember when all classes had dodge.

• @lemonater47:

Totally agree, it gave MaA a range close to a Vanguard’s with much faster attack speed. I’m getting really sick of it, glad it’s going.

• @Kill3rCat:

‘Dodge speed reduced by 10%
    .3 cooldown on dodge.
    Dodge disabled during windup and release.
    Attacking disabled for the first half of dodge (attacks will queue instead.)’

What?

The dodge was the main attribute of the MaA! Because some craven fools who cannot play the game, complaining MaA is OP because they are crap and cannot beat it, now the MaA is useless for me. My playstyle often required me to be able to dodge when in an attack, such as dodgestrikes (dodging to the side at the same time as attacking, to get behind a person). An attack which is entirely possible IRL, but now impossible in-game because morons complained it was OP.

This is now unplayable. It’s OK for the ‘skilful’ metaknights, who charge at you mouse accelerating, mouse dragging and spam feinting. Now if I choose to attack them, then realise my mistake I cannot dodge out of the way (‘Dodge disabled during windup and release’), and I am powerless. I sit back and watch the slaughter. Thanks. MaA was my favourite class. It was much preferrable and my playstyle was based around speed and agility.

Performing a feat of agility such as the MaA dodge irl, even when swinging a heavy object is entirely possible. This is unrealistic. And before anyone spouts crap about ‘fun over realism’ this is not even fun… It’s bullcrap (I assume I cannot express my outrage via cursing on these forums?). This needs to be corrected. MaA was a difficult class to play before, one that required skill but had high rewards.

In order to fight well against multiple foes, dodging mid-attack was often very useful and very NECESSARY!

You devs want to fix unrealistic crap? How about the metaknights? Oh my, I might just speed up my OP 1-hit kill weapons until they are as fast as a secondary! Or maybe I will suddenly use mouse drag to slow it down, so that blocks are next to impossible! Or maybe I’ll just spam feint? FIX THAT! That is what ruins the game, not some ‘OP’ MaA dodge!

Nice idea/suggestion.

• @UnbornAssassin:

How did it need to be nerfed? If idiots can’t play, can’t aim and cannot time their attacks, why can’t they bugger off and play CoD?

It works differently, aye, but I have been playing as MaA for 236 hours. Learning, improving, perfecting my playstyle. And now the fundamental attribute of the Man at Arms, the core ability has just been shattered. That was my primary tactic, and the MaA has now been rendered inoperable for me.

• @lemonater47:

@UnbornAssassin:

Adapt and survive.

There’s nothing stopping you from lunging back in then taking a swing. But beforehand you can start dodge as windup a stab, stab him in the face when you get there then leap out again. All that can happen on less than a second.

Now you can’t do that.

I remember when all classes had dodge.

All classes having the capability to leap is a bit ridiculous, but the leap was fine as it is. How the hell can the devs nerf the only thing that makes MaA playable, completely IGNORE the real ‘broken’ and ‘OP’ things such as spam-feinting, mouse dragging and mouse accelerating and NOT LOSE ANY SLEEP?

Bloody devs. To think I complained about the occasional attack ghosting or blocks bugging out. Now the leap is completely screwed, and they still have not fixed the damned bugs. Thanks.

• @Mockingbirch:

@lemonater47:

Totally agree, it gave MaA a range close to a Vanguard’s with much faster attack speed. I’m getting really sick of it, glad it’s going.

A good Vanguard can beat an MaA. They should just learn to play. Anyone can beat a bad MaA; if they get the timing wrong or they miss a block/attack they are an easy target.

MaA did have similar range to a Vangaurd, but only with the Broadsword and Norse sword. And that was only useful is a Vanguard who was a crap player missed their strike and left themselves open. I bet it’s that kind of useless deadbeat moron who complained to the devs and got the leap nerfed.

‘really sick of it, glad it’s going’. Hmm. We can guess that you’re probably a Knight or Vanguard. I’d bet that you also spam feints and metagame freely. Pfft. And of course, people like that are going to be able to continue their pathetic tactics for evermore, because by the time the devs get round to doing things that matter instead of nerfing things which aren’t even ‘OP’, MaA will be COMPLETELY destroyed. Which isn’t far off as it is.

• A good vanguard only beat a MAA if they made a mistake.

Dodge was pretty broken, in my opinion. At the right angle with forward dodge and with alt swings, you could literally place an unblockable hit, simply because of the angles and the reaction time necessary. The same being for dodging backwards and then lunging back in. Yes, it takes quite a bit of stamina, but you don’t lose stamina after landing a successful hit and that move brings you right into your opponents face after they have been flinched already. Throw in facehugging, 1h feinting if they chose to do it, overhead lookdowns, drags, and it was essentially over. Besides, most high level maas will tell you that the MAA’s biggest advantage was their backpedal and combat movement speed, which was buffed significantly.

• Sorry, the nerf was needed. You can still punish somebody for missing a strike by simply running in, especially now that the class got a buff to its movement speed.

The problem was not that MMA should not be able to punish an enemy for missing. What got nerfed was the ability of the MMA to force his enemy to make a mistake and then punish him for that. A shifty MMA can dodge out of even the best placed attacks and could jump in almost instantly to deliver a hit. Now that they have pretty much removed combo feint-to-parry, that move would have been ridicolously strong and almost impossible to counter if executed properly.

• Here’s the main issue I had with the old dodge: MaA=speed, Vanguard=range, Knight=power. With the ability to wind up then dodge in, MaA=speed AND range. Not how the class was intended to be used.

• Firstly, before you accuse me of metagaming with a knight, I am an omni class pplayer, who frequents all of them and I use various weapons with each.
    Now, on topic. The ability for man at arms to dodge at any stage of their attacks made them extremely unbalanced in one vs one situations, since they had a get out of jail free card whenever they made a mistake. It was like you put it- you attack, realise you made a mistake, then leap back out of range. No other class could do that. It was especially annoying as a vanguard, since often you die from two hits from an maa, the same amount of hits you need to kill him, only if you mess up, he gets a free hit, and if he messes up, he can just dodge out. Now that is somewhat limited, and the maa still retains his seed and manouverability. You just have to shift your tactics around a bit instead of relying on that one move that used to be more effective than anything else. I honestly see nothing to complain about.

• I’m quite happy the dodge got nerfed.
    But it’s not like the dodge was removed, it was just modified to bring more balance into this game.
    I assume you’re a good player so you should be able to defeat your opponents anyway, aren’t you?

• @Kill3rCat:

‘really sick of it, glad it’s going’. Hmm. We can guess that you’re probably a Knight or Vanguard. I’d bet that you also spam feints and metagame freely. Pfft. And of course, people like that are going to be able to continue their pathetic tactics for evermore, because by the time the devs get round to doing things that matter instead of nerfing things which aren’t even ‘OP’, MaA will be COMPLETELY destroyed. Which isn’t far off as it is.

Dude, if a huge portion of the playerbase thinks MaA is overpowered, it probably is. I play as every class, depending on my mood. And no, I pretty much never feint or metagame, because I’m not a strong enough player to do it effectively.

• @Kill3rCat:

This is now unplayable.

So this is funny. He says that some fools can’t play but then says that he can’t play maa just cause something was changed. Most of his tactics required dodge attacks… I don’t play maa but when I picked maa up before patch and did that, shit was way too easy. I did not even had to try much, just wait, dodge attack and done. I could take on much more skilled maa and the winner would be decided by chance, just because of how stupid the mechanic was. Don’t insult other people when you can’t even do something you ask of them. Now that the class is little bit more balanced, and people can’t spam their dodge attacks so they rage about people who raged over something that was unbalanced to them. While missing the point that they are doing exactly the same thing.

A good vanguard could beat maa, but now maa will actually need to freaking try to beat a good vanguard(not saying that there no good maas), I do welcome this balance. There is no freaking reason why maa, that picks hatchet for speed, should have the range of vanguard just by doing dodge.

• A good MaA doesn’t need to dodge attack. Just learn your timings and weapon reaches and it makes it easier than with dodges.

• @SHH_:

A good vanguard only beat a MAA if they made a mistake.

Dodge was pretty broken, in my opinion. At the right angle with forward dodge and with alt swings, you could literally place an unblockable hit, simply because of the angles and the reaction time necessary. The same being for dodging backwards and then lunging back in. Yes, it takes quite a bit of stamina, but you don’t lose stamina after landing a successful hit and that move brings you right into your opponents face after they have been flinched already. Throw in facehugging, 1h feinting if they chose to do it, overhead lookdowns, drags, and it was essentially over. Besides, most high level maas will tell you that the MAA’s biggest advantage was their backpedal and combat movement speed, which was buffed significantly.

Facehugging, feinting and metagaming is a distasteful and shameful tactic. There is no such thing as an unblockable hit, apart from when the game itself glitches. Knight or Vanguard can corner an MaA easily. I have beaten many MaA when playing as either. The only class that can’t really beat MaAs in melee is the Archers, with MaA-like health but none of their speed. The longest Archer weapon is the sabre, which is shorter (or similar) ranged than the Falchion I think. Archers are made for ranged combat, it is their team’s job to protect them when the foes get closer. As MaA I have lost to Knights and Vanguards. As a Knight or Vanguard I have beat MaA. True, when I play MAA I win more than I lose, but the MaA’s advantage is speed. Knights and Vanguards can always resort to feinting is they must. The fact is, a skilled player can easily take down an MaA. The fact is, half the people who complained are probably new players who picked up the game a short time ago and when they discovered they couldn’t beat everyone, they complained.