5 minutes in…

• A new challenger appears!

Maul.

Somehow Maul is now the deadliest thing since the Brazilian wandering spider. Perfect when coupled with things that weren’t properly nerfed like the norse sword as a finisher (just in case the 1HKO in most circumstances isn’t enough).

It didn’t even take 10 minutes after the patch to figure out that this creature is now a beast. I’d probably rather be hit by a bus and take my chances wrestling one like that rugby player than take a maul hit since patch.

Whine is complete. I’d now like my cheese.

• About time this thing actually had a use.

• @Goden:

About time this thing actually had a use.

You’re right of course.

I am a duelist though and I am particularly bitter about the nerf of my sabre. Words can not express the sheer stupidity of a damage increase at the cost of windup speed of sabre stab.

Having said that, I am heavy crossbowman scum. The kind that likes to take a potshot at you and then run INTO your face to stab you until you are killed to death and then you die before meeting death. The sabre was an ideal tool in enforcing that sort of fighting style and quite effective judging from my 5000 total duels played with about 60% winning ratio (albeit most of the deaths were from my quarterstaff loving days which didn’t end so well as my heavy crossbowman days).

• It’s still a piece of shit garbage weapon.

What’s different from pre-patch? It can 1 hit knights in the head. So what? It’s still horrible. How often do you hit someone in the head with overhead with a slow ass low reach weapon? The answer is: Rarely as fuck. Specially if your opponent knows how to use his feet and isn’t slow like a turtle.

Pre-patch the maul wasn’t feared by vanguards who would get 1 hit if the maul indeed landed in their head with overhead. Why? Because it’s bad at everything else and it’s very hard to hit the head with overhead.

It’s not a good weapon and never will be.

Oh, and it still doesen’t 1 hit kill MAA in torso with overhead ;))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Im sorry OP but this is bullshit

With the new feint windows, you will feint no decent player in duels with the maul lol

• @-Thylacine-:

It’s still a piece of shit garbage weapon.

What’s different from pre-patch? It can 1 hit knights in the head. So what? It’s still horrible. How often do you hit someone in the head with overhead with a slow ass low reach weapon? The answer is: Rarely as fuck. Specially if your opponent knows how to use his feet and isn’t slow like a turtle.

[…]

You mean like how they would sprint away from your attack after you parried, yeah that’s such a bitch to deal with while using the Maul n-

Oh wait.

• Oh, and it still doesen’t 1 hit kill MAA in torso with overhead

Balance council tried, Tibberius didn’t want it.

• Maul feints are hilarious, only time when I can block during the feint and during the attack is when a maul is used. I think it’s fair that Maul users can one hit people as it’s probably the easiest type of knights to kill now.

• You know what counters the Maul post-patch? The Double Axe. Seriously, give it a try…

• @Toll:

You know what counters the Maul post-patch? The Double Axe. Seriously, give it a try…

And also every one handed weapon…

• Really? You people are just discovering this? The maul was already amazing pre-patch. Now its just better. Norse sword as a sidearm? must be joking. If you dont 1hit something with the maul (and it was also like this before, most of the time, and it will probably be like this ALL the time now), then you take out your fists. Boom, one quick fist jab (stab) and there you go, you are an official badass. And guess what? Its effective as hell.

• @Martin:

Oh, and it still doesen’t 1 hit kill MAA in torso with overhead

Mutiny. I say we put Slygoat as new Captain of this ship.

• Knight blunt resistance reduced by one percent. That was all it took to make the maul one it knights.

Don’t get hit in the head.

• @Daiyuki:

@-Thylacine-:

It’s still a piece of shit garbage weapon.

[…]

You mean like how they would sprint away from your attack after you parried, yeah that’s such a bitch to deal with while using the Maul n-

Oh wait.

You always say the stupdiest shit.

• @Slaughtervomit:

@Martin:

Oh, and it still doesen’t 1 hit kill MAA in torso with overhead

Mutiny. I say we put Slygoat as new Captain of this ship.

My first order of business will be loading all the cannons with mauls.

• @lemonater47:

Knight blunt resistance reduced by one percent. That was all it took to make the maul one it knights.

Maul also got it’s overhead damage bumped up.

• Its the fucking maul. Its slow and its supposed to be deadly. 1vs1 maul is still at a great disadvantage. Probably more than before with the early feints.

• @trickshot:

1vs1 maul is still at a great disadvantage. Probably more than before with the early feints.

I’m not sure about this, when I tried a few betas ago, I could use the maul to great effect by always overheading and never feinting. Your opponents feints are much more readable so you don’t need to worry about being hit, so just keep hitting them with overheads and they get stunned before you with the highest stamina drain from the maul, which gives you a free headshot, which instakills any class.

• @SlyGoat:

My first order of business will be loading all the cannons with mauls.

Got my vote.

• @Josh:

@trickshot:

1vs1 maul is still at a great disadvantage. Probably more than before with the early feints.

I’m not sure about this, when I tried a few betas ago, I could use the maul to great effect by always overheading and never feinting. Your opponents feints are much more readable so you don’t need to worry about being hit, so just keep hitting them with overheads and they get stunned before you with the highest stamina drain from the maul, which gives you a free headshot, which instakills any class.

Well i mostly tested against maa so I cant know for sure. I could only win with avoid and overhead. Im not the greatest maul player though.
    But against knights its probably good with the stamina drain, you’re right. But still It restricts to one playstyle. Im sure there will be counters for that.