How much would you charge for custom maps

• I don’t have time to build maps, but I would be curious to how much some poor high school students who are whizzes would charge to build a map to my specifications.

• A thousand.

Of anything.

• A grand total of $0.00

I hope that’s enough for people.

• @lemonater47:

A grand total of $0.00

Yeah but then it would never get finished, or it would take too long.

• 20-30 € / hour seems common in this branch. If it’s supposed to be professional.

• How much are you thinking and what gametype? I’d charge maybe $7.00 an hour. I’m working on a custom map atm, and I’m going to upload some pictures soon once the lightmass is done building.

• @Tree0ctopus:

How much are you thinking and what gametype? I’d charge maybe $7.00 an hour. I’m working on a custom map atm, and I’m going to upload some pictures soon once the lightmass is done building.

Well in the US students make around $12 per hour. It would depend on how many hours it took to make a map.

I would only be interested in a TO map using the standard game but with interactive features that made a much more fun tactical map. Everyone has different skills but I would pay a fixed fee $250 for a fully featured custom map.

I mention high school students because they have more free time and the money means more than a working professional.

• After i sharpen my skills with the current map i am making, i am quite interested in doing this. It would be great to have some more money so i could buy a new PC. I play chiv on a potato and get 30 frames max :3

• @gregcau:

@Tree0ctopus:

How much are you thinking and what gametype? I’d charge maybe $7.00 an hour. I’m working on a custom map atm, and I’m going to upload some pictures soon once the lightmass is done building.

Well in the US students make around $12 per hour. It would depend on how many hours it took to make a map.

I would only be interested in a TO map using the standard game but with interactive features that made a much more fun tactical map. Everyone has different skills but I would pay a fixed fee $250 for a fully featured custom map.

I mention high school students because they have more free time and the money means more than a working professional.

Here are the photos of the map I’m making atm. The lighting on the lanterns actually work, but not in the LTS verson (which I took the photos in)
    http://imgur.com/a/1wy5Z

• @Tree0ctopus:

Here are the photos of the map I’m making atm. The lighting on the lanterns actually work, but not in the LTS verson (which I took the photos in)
    http://imgur.com/a/1wy5Z

Yeah I saw it, looks very good. Anyway more on this once I work on the specification.

• I have a developer, once I finish the specification I will post it to get feedback.

• @gregcau:

@Tree0ctopus:

$12 an hour hell. Is that your minimum wage? That’s tons.

• 12 bucks an hour? O.o geez is that what non-programmers get paid? LOL. My friend working at Box gets 35/hr…rofl.

• I doubt I would work for 12$ as a freelancer lol

• @gregcau:

I have a developer, once I finish the specification I will post it to get feedback.

Who is it?

• @Tree0ctopus:

@gregcau:

I have a developer, once I finish the specification I will post it to get feedback.

Who is it?

A clannie, up to him if he wants to take responsibility.

I’m very busy right now, so its going to be a few weeks before I finish the spec and I want to get it as perfect as possible - lots of detail.

But I will post it for feedback as I finish each objective.