Why for the love of God does the Maul one hits knights?

• I do not understand anything behind this at all. Anyone that is a novice with the Maul can now just counter attack and head shot a knight with a one hit kill every time. As if the Maul was not good enough to begin with? The whole point of playing a knight that is slower with weaker weapons is to be able to NOT die in one hit. This knight that has 500+ hours as a SoW knight is seriously considering switching to a Vanguard. I am very disappointed with the patch.

• @Thine:

As if the Maul was not good enough to begin with?

Pretty sure it wasn’t, especially when comparing it to weapons like the Gmace.

• Mauls are anti-head. Solution: play a class with no head.

• @BB:

@Thine:

Damn right it wasn’t. There’s a reason why venom and I are the only knights in NA that main maul, not to mention venom actually mains MaA. As for EU only Ky Wild and stormchaser use it, yet they don’t actually main it. You know why I main maul? Because IM WEIRD.

• This knight that has 500+ hours as a SoW knight

With 500+ hours you should be able to parry a riptosed maul overhead (even lookdown). Then take back the fight. lol

• @Toll:

This knight that has 500+ hours as a SoW knight

With 500+ hours you should be able to parry a riptosed maul overhead (even lookdown). Then take back the fight. lol

That is true, but as you know in battles mistakes can be made. specially when its not a duel. Also feints factor in… I just don’t like being a knight and being able to get one shot by a melee weapon. maybe i’m just butt hurt since I got such a bad nerf.

• but as you know in battles mistakes can be made

That is the point of choosing a Maul. You take it, knowing that it is stupid slow and opens you up to all sorts of quick attacks, however if your opponent makes 1 decent mistake you can land the Head shot overhead. This was always choice, the new 1HKO with it just brings it in-line with the other weapons.
    You still have to manage to not get flinched and fool your opponent into being left open for an Overhead.

• @Toll:

but as you know in battles mistakes can be made

That is the point of choosing a Maul. You take it, knowing that it is stupid slow and opens you up to all sorts of quick attacks, however if your opponent makes 1 decent mistake you can land the Head shot overhead. This was always choice, the new 1HKO with it just brings it in-line with the other weapons.
    You still have to manage to not get flinched and fool your opponent into being left open for an Overhead.

I suppose that makes sense…

• Not only that but as a mauler I don’t even get too many headshots myself because I drag with the maul so much and 99% of the time you don’t get headshot with dragging maul overheads. Pre-patch I would normally do a ratio of drags to feints around 5 or 6:1 and I’ll still probably drag more than feints considering they’re more efficient and more difficult to flinch if you can do it successfully. As for the feints, they work but in a team situation you don’t have much time to do them, they take so long with with a maul and it’s much easier to flinch. Seriously, if I were you, Thine, I wouldn’t be too worried.

• The maul buff has been a long time coming.

• Everytime I killed someone with the pre-patch maul my enemies told me that it was op… Wonder why there was as good as no-one using it themselves then.

I dare say its not even op now. There is just a real reason to use it now. Pre-patch the grandmace was clearly a much better choice.

I don’t really understand why it got so popular now. It didn’t get that much better. 7 points more OH damage and an almost not noticeable speed-buff. With the new feint-parry its now even more difficult for me to hit someone.

• @BB:

@Thine:

Hey there BB. I’d just like to say, that pre-patch i would top scoreboards quite frequently using the maul (stuff like 40-8 etc or more commonly a 3.0kdr maybe). I thought it was a fuckin beast. Everyone has their own opinion though.

• Mauls are like a gift from the gods of awesome bestowed upon us all to bash heads into clumps of red and pink organic matter. That’s why they one shot knights.

• Hehe I knew slaughter vomit would be happy.

There is only one maul user that can kill me. Th maul is just too slow and easy to block. And after the new patch feints with the maul aren’t that great unless you do a lookdown overhead afterwords.

• Mauls are best when you have like, 7 other maul users on your team and everyone mashes the shout button constantly.

• The maul is so slow so you can’t really feint with it as the opponent can get a new block when you start your attack. Besides maulusers are so easy to beat now, if they get a shot on you you’re ded, seems pretty fair to me.

• @dudeface:

Mauls are best when you have like, 7 other maul users on your team and everyone mashes the shout button constantly.

+1

• Wait, so the maul can OHK knights to the head but can’t even body shot maa? Hmm…

• Maul’s buff was long overdue. And totally deserved.
    Imo it should oneshoot Maa at torso but whatever :p

• @Psyfon:

@BB:

@Thine:

Hey there BB. I’d just like to say, that pre-patch i would top scoreboards quite frequently using the maul (stuff like 40-8 etc or more commonly a 3.0kdr maybe). I thought it was a fuckin beast. Everyone has their own opinion though.

So did I. That’s just because noobs can’t block. Doesn’t mean it’s viable.