Balance Hotfix?

• Hi, I know a lot of people are complaining about the new patch. This happens with every patch so that’s to be expected. However after a few weeks of playing we may reach a relative consensus as a community about what really needs to be changed.

In that case what’s the chance of a hotfix?

I personally haven’t had enough time to play to make an assessment.

• I hope they do balance tweaks along with the customization patch.

Balance is not good atm….

• @JCash:

Boy you’re not kidding. Isn’t there a group of guys from a clan that are supposed to be solving this? I’m not a negative guy here, but I think that idea needs to go now. Either that or they need to be listened to harder. One or the other.

• You cannot call out balance issues just yet, only 1 day. With so many mechanic changes people need time to adjust their stratigies and tactics.

For instance vsing spear users. You can no longer easily run into their attack with a parry and be within facehugging range afterwards. This requires reworking the strategy to easily deal with spears. If I refused to change my strategy I would label spears as OP because I can’t do what I always did to destroy them. No Instead I have to work my way towards them a little more, which really, is how spears should be. They should excel at keeping people at a distance.

That is just one example.

The 1handed Messar us pretty lol post-patch, but in the new patch it is buffed a little and seems to synergise quite well with the new feint window. However it seems to suck vs another slow weapon that has superior dragging potential. If I didn’t meet that guy in my initial duels it would be easy to say, OMG the 1 Handed Messar is OP!!, when really it just hadn’t had time to go against someone who could counter it easily.

Give the patch at least a week for people to sort out their skill.

• “My Lord some of you people are whinging babies. I have 2 kids and they whinge less than you.”

Give the patch at least a week for people to sort out their skill.

Or dont try and fix things that arent broken in the first place.

• I spy my own writing :D

• The point of my quote, is that you sound ridiculous.

• Perhaps. The voice of reason can sound ridiculous to the mad.

I also suspect people will use shields more often now.

• I wonderwhy…

Because the game is broken

• Hotfixes are always planned, so no worries about that.

• @quigleyer:

@JCash:

Boy you’re not kidding. Isn’t there a group of guys from a clan that are supposed to be solving this? I’m not a negative guy here, but I think that idea needs to go now. Either that or they need to be listened to harder. One or the other.

Shock and awe! Balance isn’t good when you only listen to a group of like 10 people in a game of several thousand? What a surprise.

The BC isn’t even 1% of the population (or any comp group in general) and yet they get to call the shots for the 99% of us. Balance needs to be done as a community project which is done in collaboration with what the devs have envisioned for the game. This “Balance council” is absolute horse shit and there is a reason why other game developers do not use tiny ass focus-groups for their balancing. Especially not a group of rank 40+ pro comp 1337 players whom the rest of the playerbase cannot relate to in ANY way. The people who make up the BC should have the same say as the rest of us, not exclusive rights to balance input or any additional weight.

Get rid of the council and start listening to the community again, please. This is a joke.

• @Goden:

Shock and awe! Balance isn’t good when you only listen to a group of like 10 people in a game of several thousand? What a surprise.

Exactly. All that Beta, but it took it going to live to identify issues. So going to live is a good thing.

• @Goden:

@quigleyer:

@JCash:

The BC isn’t even 1% of the population (or any comp group in general) and yet they get to call the shots for the 99% of us. Balance needs to be done as a community project which is done in collaboration with what the devs have envisioned for the game. This “Balance council” is absolute horse shit and there is a reason why other game developers do not use tiny ass focus-groups for their balancing. Especially not a group of rank 40+ pro comp 1337 players whom the rest of the playerbase cannot relate to in ANY way. The people who make up the BC should have the same say as the rest of us, not exclusive rights to balance input or any additional weight.

Get rid of the council and start listening to the community again, please. This is a joke.

http://community.eveonline.com/community/csm/

IMHO works well IF you listen to those players.

• I feel the scoreboard seems more balanced now, almost everyone got the same K/D ratios, except for people who played the 3 days before the release, they’re doing fairly well and myself as I’m quite a good archer.

• @Xylvion:

I feel the scoreboard seems more balanced now, almost everyone got the same K/D ratios.

And that’s a good thing?

• @Ciastooh:

IMHO works well IF you listen to those players.

Considering the size of EVE, the CSM is probably friggin huge. The BC for Chivalry is too small to even viably give it a percentage. If TBS didn’t listen to the BC with this patch then that is a good thing. The BC represents the competitive scene and that is it - nothing else. I do not want a tiny ass group of competitive pro players deciding balance for a game which is 99% casual public play. This isn’t Starcraft or DOTA where there is a line right down the middle between casual and comp play - the competitive scene for Chivalry is not very big at ALL. The vast majority of the playerbase cannot relate to these people or their playstyles and balancing Chiv as a competitive game is just going to make the casual players frustrated and lose interest in playing. (Note: This doesn’t mean “dumbing the game down” - it’s called adding intuitive and balanced mechanics rather than relying on cheap exploits.)

• @Goden:

This patch was pretty much community driven. Most of the people complaining are clan members. What more do you need to feel like the devs are listening to pubbers.

• @Goden:

@quigleyer:

@JCash:

If the devs would listen to the community, the game would be a 1 class, 1 weapon-game, because the community is crying about ANYTHING. All classes are OP, all weapons are OP, all three kinds of attacks are OP, blocking is OP, just EVERYTHING is OP if you listen to the community…

Well… Maybe it is… But because everything is OP, it’s balanced :P

Really… I can’t understand all that whining 1 day after the patch is released. In the moment I can’t complain about anything but cosmetical issues and the crying players.

We all need to learn how to play well with this new patch, but in I like the patch so far.

• I get where you’re coming from, but if somebody took your car into the garage for some maintenance and it suddenly accelerates slower and its steering is more stern, I doubt anyone would be happy unless they didn’t care in which case they’d just be glad their car is shiny again. I’m glad something is being done about some of the mechanics to even things out a little, but I think they took it too far.

• Pub Community: Hates Feints, hates look down overheads, hates combo-feint-parry, hates face hugging, and hates OP SoW. Every single one of those things were nerfed. All those things that people would yell as exploits have been altered. So lets see if this will make pub players happy.