Parry and other… stuff.

• Alrighty, after getting some games under my belt, I’ve decided that the parry and hit detection have been borked.

Not just bitching here, hear me out.

I’ve noticed (mind you this is strictly on Official servers with ping <= 80) that there appears to be a problem with my game reporting enemy hitting the environment (visually, and the plink sound) and them combo-ing straight through it. It’s not a fresh hit, even with as fast as they made everything, it’s combo speed. So they’ll hit the ground / a pole / a wall. Plink. So in each instance I go in for my combo and I’m welcomed by an immediate second stage combo I wasn’t expecting. So, was environment recovery just removed, or is there a sync issue between what they’re actually hitting and my client tells me – at perfectly decent ping for both players?

Also, parrying Archer weapons. Bwah? Even if the Saber is faster, I can put it comfortably in the middle of my parry zone / timing and miss straight on stabs three times in a row on occasion. Just assuming that the parry works differently, I did this enough with enough variation to decide something was off. Never had a problem with a blatant parry like that before the patch. Was the parry bubble narrowed in height?

I’m approaching this assuming I don’t know the weapon timings like I used to, I get that, but there’s some serious issues here, if nothing else than with combat ques. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

• You have to parry and attack slightly to the left it seems. quite annoying actually, probably got something to do with the new hitboxes.

• I don’t notice anything extreme with parrying, however every quarterstaff user I’ve seen so far lags on most of their swings, I don’t know if it’s every single user lagging or the weapon, itself, bugged.

• @Coaster_Man:

I don’t notice anything extreme with parrying, however every quarterstaff user I’ve seen so far lags on most of their swings, I don’t know if it’s every single user lagging or the weapon, itself, bugged.

I tested the staff, seems fine. The opponent didnt say it was lagging either.
    And i’ve met some enemies with it. No problem parrying it.