Arrows blow heads up

• Another really annoying thing since the patch. I couldn’t find it in the changelog so I guess it was not intended?

The warbow can make heads explode. And maybe others too. Some say the heavy crossbow can.
    I don’t know if it matters what ammotype you’re using. I suck as an archer so I can’t test it. And I don’t have the warbow yet and I’m still far from that. But my head always exploded when getting a headshot from the warbow. I was a vanguard and it almost instantly killed me, so I guess it were bodkin arrows.

Can anyone confirm that?
    I think this should be fixed. It looks like Call of Duty uncut version. Headshot= No more head to shoot.
    I wouldn’t complain if it was the ballista doing that. But a normal bodkin arrow??? Stupid in my opinion.

• @Peter:

Another really annoying thing since the patch. I couldn’t find it in the changelog so I guess it was not intended?

The warbow can make heads explode. And maybe others too. Some say the heavy crossbow can.
    I don’t know if it matters what ammotype you’re using. I suck as an archer so I can’t test it. And I don’t have the warbow yet and I’m still far from that. But my head always exploded when getting a headshot from the warbow. I was a vanguard and it almost instantly killed me, so I guess it were bodkin arrows.

Can anyone confirm that?
    I think this should be fixed. It looks like Call of Duty uncut version. Headshot= No more head to shoot.
    I wouldn’t complain if it was the ballista doing that. But a normal bodkin arrow??? Stupid in my opinion.

Bodkin Arrow damage type from Pierce to PierceBlunt

I don’t think it’s bug, rather intended feature. Keep in mind that you can also make heads explode with your fist or sling,

• The PierceBlunt damage type was never designed for projectiles, that’s why. It was designed for the Morning Star and Flails, so therefore blows heads up.

• @Martin:

The PierceBlunt damage type was never designed for projectiles, that’s why. It was designed for the Morning Star and Flails, so therefore blows heads up.

Oh okay… Does that mean it won’t change?

• They could just create a new damage type without the head blowing up functionality and use the same values as PierceBlunt; creating new damage types is incredibly easy.

• Is the head exploding from an arrow that much more unrealistic than heads exploding from a fist? This game isn’t supposed to be realistic.

• I for one like the heads popping. Can finally say I’m using a Dome Popper!

• I like the explosive head. That’s fun and more rewarding when you land your HeadShot.
    Why would you stole us this little bit of fun ?

By the way, it seems that only the warbow is able to blow head. Longbow didn’t when I get HS.

• It’s silly and kinda funny.

• I like it… a LOT. Hopefully they won’t change it.

• No, that’s too silly.

Fist and Sling head exploding is funny in its own way because of the weapon itself.

If it does stay, I’m going gonna be screaming “BOOM HEADSHOT” )

• Yeah crushing skulls with slings and fists is unrealistic too but at least there is some little bit of logic behind that.
    If people were able to beat that hard, they really could crush skulls.
    But an arrow?? All it can do is pierce the head, not more. No matter how fast it flies. If its fast enough it will go strait through your head but it would NEVER break it.

• Unfortunately this won’t be staying :P If you wanna blow peoples’ heads up from a distance I’d suggest the sling. It’s not crap anymore! :D

• Be warned TBS, change this and I’ll leave for another game. I have over 600 hours of practicing head explosions and you’re just going to throw all my hard work away by changing this mechanic?

Head explosions via Bow is the quintessential thing that makes the competitive scene what it is and adds so many options to combat and my control in combat. Another win for casuals. I’m done, ya hear me, DONE!

lol jk :P

• @SlyGoat:

Unfortunately this won’t be staying :P If you wanna blow peoples’ heads up from a distance I’d suggest the sling. It’s not crap anymore! :D

Awww… The shortbow felt amazing blowing peoples heads up :(

• @SlyGoat:

Unfortunately this won’t be staying :P If you wanna blow peoples’ heads up from a distance I’d suggest the sling. It’s not crap anymore! :D

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN YOU ! =’(

• @SlyGoat:

Oh thank TBS…The game will lose it’s stupidity again. :)

• Or maybe not. Stay tuned. 8-)

• @Sidewinder:

Be warned TBS, change this and I’ll leave for another game. I have over 600 hours of practicing head explosions and you’re just going to throw all my hard work away by changing this mechanic?

Head explosions via Bow is the quintessential thing that makes the competitive scene what it is and adds so many options to combat and my control in combat. Another win for casuals. I’m done, ya hear me, DONE!

Pretty much the summary of these forums the last few days. 8-)

• @SlyGoat:

Or maybe not. Stay tuned. 8-)

O_O

oh man… you just got my hopes up. >_<
    Maybe make it like a 1% chance of it occuring with bodkin. It would be toned down for those who don’t like it yet be a surprising F’ YEA to the archer when it does :D

Yea, my hopes are up <_<

edit: Just wanted to make it perfectly clear. I love it the way it is now <3