An archer's opinion on the patch…

• First off, I just want to say that in general, this patch is great. I think a few people who were used to feint spamming/wildly swinging/devbehindviewing are angry because they have to change their playstyle now, but overall the patch encourages strategic gameplay that conserves stamina and that makes the utmost use of every swing.

After playing for a few hours this morning, though, I’ve decided that though this patch is an improvement overall, there is one huge problem: While other classes were nerfed, the archer class feels as powerful as ever. I played 5 games this morning, and I was at the top of all of them. The arrow speed means that hitting people with arrows is pretty easy, especially since almost all of them are out of stamina near the end of the battle. If they get close, I just pull my short sword out and spam at them; since they are out of stamina, they can’t really do much.

While you changed the damage values for broadhead and bodkin arrows, it honestly feels the same to me. Two broadheads still take down a vanguard, for example.

So although I’m an archer, I really think that we need to be nerfed in the next patch. Bring the arrow speed back down to what it was before so that leading/anticipating plays a larger role once more. And decrease dagger range a bit to make them as long as, you know…daggers!

Aside from that, great patch. I like how the Warbow explodes heads now. :)

• I think most of the problems would be solved if stamina was just increased a bit. It may have been too high before, but now it is WAY too low. It sucks to run out of stamina after just one or two fights. :*(

• Even though bonus stamina regeneration from crouching is removed, base stamina regeneration is increased by a lot.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Even though bonus stamina regeneration from crouching is removed, base stamina regeneration is increased by a lot.

Really? I haven’t noticed that. I’ll see if I notice this afternoon when I get on.

• Arrow spead wasn’t increased. Bolt speed however.

• SWEET! Now I’ve gotta wait for my PSU to arrive so I can stick some arrows in someone!

Boy, there’s nothing like the abusive trashtalk that fills the chat every time I arrow someone.

• @Liori:

Arrow spead wasn’t increased. Bolt speed however.

All projectile speeds got “buffed” due to the frame-rate bug fix.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@Liori:

Arrow spead wasn’t increased. Bolt speed however.

All projectile speeds got “buffed” due to the frame-rate bug fix.

+1.

• The archer class has gotten a buff this patch, I don’t really agree with any of the changes though. The bodkin half blunt damage thing is just stupid, and the Xbow projectile buff was unnecessary. I don’t hate archers like some people do, but the past few TO matches I’ve been getting killed by x-bows a ridiculous amount, like over half my deaths.

• Whatever happened to Legolas in the Tolkein books anyway? Did he ever get laid to some elven girl?

• I’m an archer as well, I love how easy it is to hit people now, although the leg hitboxes seems kinda fishy. Not only is it a bit easier to hit but I can finally use zoom ins to see players at long distance without getting extra drop, which is awesome.
    I hate melee now, I can’t land my stabs and my blocks don’t work properly, This seem to have something to do with the new hitboxes I believe you kinda push away people with your arm so the attack lands from the left direction. I’m not entirely sure but I think a few of my arrows have shoved people out of the way. I have to parry all the time and I can only parry like 2-3 times before I’m out of stamina.

Other than that it’s harder now, as a vanguard or knight I’m scared to face 2 people at the same time as it’s close to impossible to win. As an archer I’ve become more of a coward and run away shouting help all the time, which is sad.

• @Xylvion:

Other than that it’s harder now, as a vanguard or knight I’m scared to face 2 people at the same time as it’s close to impossible to win. As an archer I’ve become more of a coward and run away shouting help all the time, which is sad.

It’s because they nerfed the ability to execute quick decisions.

• get outa town with more archer nerfs, u have got to be fucking joking.

god forbid after 6 months into the game sum ppl are good enough to shoot u with a bow or xbow right, god u guys are a joke with the nerfs

god forbid u died and didnt think it should of happened that way

a good archer will take out any1 dude, that doesnt mean the archers need to get nerfed cause u played a few games and got owned by a few of them, i swear this comunity is a joke.
    u get killed by sumthing 3 times and all the sudden its op again and needs a nerf.

do u ever think to not run so straight ? exp if u are getn xbowed dude u need to zig zag and not walk like an arrow flies, u dying many times to an xbow only states that u cannot move for shit not that its op, jesus people this game is dooomed.

good luck TB with your ever getn weaker and more nerfed game, your gna need it!

• @WARSAW:

get outa town with more archer nerfs, u have got to be fucking joking.

god forbid after 6 months into the game sum ppl are good enough to shoot u with a bow or xbow right, god u guys are a joke with the nerfs

god forbid u died and didnt think it should of happened that way

a good archer will take out any1 dude, that doesnt mean the archers need to get nerfed cause u played a few games and got owned by a few of them, i swear this comunity is a joke.
    u get killed by sumthing 3 times and all the sudden its op again and needs a nerf.

do u ever think to not run so straight ? exp if u are getn xbowed dude u need to zig zag and not walk like an arrow flies, u dying many times to an xbow only states that u cannot move for shit not that its op, jesus people this game is dooomed.

good luck TB with your ever getn weaker and more nerfed game, your gna need it!

I’m an archer. I’ve arched my way to level 40. And I’m telling you that after this patch, being an archer has become too easy. I don’t think you even read the original post.

Another archer posted in this thread and he agrees. After this patch, archers are a bit OP. I’m saying this as an archer, not as someone who is mad about “getting shot by archers.” This problem can be largely fixed by just slowing our arrow speeds down a bit.

And the problem is not really with bow archers so much as with xbow archers. When I use the xbow now I basically just put the crossbow crosshair on the enemy; the bolts go so fast they almost always hit them regardless.

The thing I liked about being an archer is that it takes a different sort of skill from melee. You have to lead/anticipate movements/etc. After this patch, though, killing people just feels cheap. They are moving slow as molasses because they are out of stamina, and my arrow is going way faster, so aiming has gone from being a challenging skill to master that takes multiple levels to get good at to being something that a monkey can do.

So as an archer, I’m telling you, nerf archer. Or at least nerf xbowman. Please.

• @Xylvion:

I’m an archer as well, I love how easy it is to hit people now, although the leg hitboxes seems kinda fishy. Not only is it a bit easier to hit but I can finally use zoom ins to see players at long distance without getting extra drop, which is awesome.
    I hate melee now, I can’t land my stabs and my blocks don’t work properly, This seem to have something to do with the new hitboxes I believe you kinda push away people with your arm so the attack lands from the left direction. I’m not entirely sure but I think a few of my arrows have shoved people out of the way. I have to parry all the time and I can only parry like 2-3 times before I’m out of stamina.

Yeah I missed a dude’s leg but the game still counted it as a hit. This is the type of stuff I’m talking about. I love archery but I don’t want to feel cheap about it.

• I have plenty of stamina, maybe maa who spam dodge have problems? ima try archer now :), sling is still meh though from my first impression

• so 2 ppl think sumthing is op lets nerf it? no wonder this game is getting worse every patch.
    u guys are both wrong

look the last nerfs they just did sumhow broke the archers from being able to dodge, so enough with the dam nerfs its killing the game already dude. just imagine if they adjusted the arrow speeds, lord only knows what might happen.

• Warsaw is right, archers need to be able to dodge and arrow speeds need to increase.

• no offense… and i DONT hate the patch btw. But “an archers opinon on the patch”? Well what the hell do we think an archers opinon is going to be? lol they got buffs and nothing else… of course archers love the patch

• @clayton-bigsby:

no offense… and i DONT hate the patch btw. But “an archers opinon on the patch”? Well what the hell do we think an archers opinon is going to be? lol they got buffs and nothing else… of course archers love the patch

My god do you people read the OP before you post? I said that although I am an archer and we got buffed, I dislike the buff and think we should be nerfed.