Horrible new patch - Game Ruined

• Let me start by saying, you guys screwed the game. Not just a little bit, you completely ruined the game. You managed to give the serious, hardcore players that have spent hundreds of hours slowly developing the skills to play your game a big fuck you with this patch.
    Now, I used to play MAA’s, it was a high-skill class that had lots of risk vs reward involved in your strategy. You always had to be faster, you could never be hit and you had to watch your stamina. Knights and Vanguards had the advantage in Stamina, damage and health. The jump was the only mechanic we had to separate the gap. You’ve completely destroyed it. It’s unless and unusable.
    The MAA’s is now a crappy Knight without all the good bits.

I’m honestly surprised you would think that releasing this many fundamental changes so far into the games life-cycle is a good idea, and this patch was honestly the worst thing you’ve ever done for the game.

You’ve lost me, and many, many more MAA’s as players.

• They really managed to turn a game with the best melee combat to date and excellent responsive competitive combat into a slow underwater unresponsive sluggish pile of mollasses

you tossed the skill ceiling into the dumptser

TBS, i award you a price! for killing the competitive side of an excellent game!

be proud of yourselfs

• be proud of yourselfs

• Absolutely no disrespect to casual players at all, but I would be seriously interested in a comprehensive review (not necessarily some shitty poll) of how high-level (not necessarily clannies or competitive players but high-level ) players feel about this patch.

I would be seriously surprised if it was remotely positive at all.

• You really didn’t see this coming?

• MAA definitely feels super nerfed.

I play 99% Knight, and when fighting MAAs like Mail and other high level MAAs in Aus, I knew I was in for a challenging/hard fight. It truly took a lot of skill to kill them.

Now , any MAA I come across seem like easy mode, they can dodge back when I swing, but before they can dodge back in and attack, I’m already ready with a combo or make another attack.

The stamina stun cool-down is also ridiculous, I just need to make any class back-peddle a bit while I smash them, then they get put onto a 20 minute cool-down while I take my time chopping them apart. A maul even has time to go from release, to wind up then overhead and hit them with said overhead while they’re still stunned.

It does seem a bit easier to block 1handers now, the bubble helps a bit, otherwise this patch has tailored the game to those whom haven’t spent many hours developing the skills necessary to becoming a good fighter.

@Pan:

of how high-level (not necessarily clannies or competitive players but high-level ) players feel about this patch.

I’m a high level classic dueller, and hopefully would be classed as one of the higher end Knights in Aus, and I find this patch average at best.
    It’s almost impossible to fight more than 1v1 now, especially if they’re laggy or noobs LMB spamming.

• @Pan:

Absolutely no disrespect to casual players at all, but I would be seriously interested in a comprehensive review (not necessarily some shitty poll) of how high-level (not necessarily clannies or competitive players but high-level) players feel about this patch.

“No disrespect to casual players” but you low tier brats can shut up and drown, right ?! TB made mistakes with this patch but discrimination of high-level players kills the game even faster !

• @NaTe:

It’s almost impossible to fight more than 1v1 now, especially if they’re laggy or noobs LMB spamming.

Pshh, just pick up dat claymore and swing away. It worked for me really well last night :).

• It’s pretty amazing that every patch people come on to express their hatred, while I assume not many of them have much time played in the Beta. I think next patch, players need to be more informed of the Beta tests so we can give our feedback on patches before they’re released. I couldn’t get on the Beta because the only Australian Beta server was at a constant 0 players.

I agree MAA feels pretty useless now with all the dodge and feint changes, but I think going as far as to say the game is ruined is quite harsh. I enjoy every other change in this version, and I think the game feels the smoothest it ever has. It will take some adjusting to learn how many times I need to click a guy before he dies, since most of my regular weapons have been changed, but overall it doesn’t deserve such a harsh wrap.

I like to think of myself as a high-level, non-clanned, omni-class player; and this is what I think of the patch.

• /wrists

It’s the end of the world!!!

• @Lann094:

It’s pretty amazing that every patch people come on to express their hatred, while I assume not many of them have much time played in the Beta. I think next patch, players need to be more informed of the Beta tests so we can give our feedback on patches before they’re released. I couldn’t get on the Beta because the only Australian Beta server was at a constant 0 players.

I agree MAA feels pretty useless now with all the dodge and feint changes, but I think going as far as to say the game is ruined is quite harsh. I enjoy every other change in this version, and I think the game feels the smoothest it ever has. It will take some adjusting to learn how many times I need to click a guy before he dies, since most of my regular weapons have been changed, but overall it doesn’t deserve such a harsh wrap.

I like to think of myself as a high-level, non-clanned, omni-class player; and this is what I think of the patch.

They couldn’t possibly be more transparent about the beta patches. They always listed them in the official new section and created a beta feedback board. People just didn’t participate. They can only blame themselves for being blindsided.

• @Sidewinder:

They couldn’t possibly be more transparent about the beta patches. They always listed them in the official new section and created a beta feedback board. People just didn’t participate. They can only blame themselves for being blindsided.

I don’t see what that has to do with them releasing a bad patch?
    Thats like me sending a letter to a guy a week before I shoot him in the foot and being like “Well, I gave you plenty of warning”.

• @Sidewinder:

@Lann094:

It’s pretty amazing that every patch people come on to express their hatred, while I assume not many of them have much time played in the Beta. I think next patch, players need to be more informed of the Beta tests so we can give our feedback on patches before they’re released. I couldn’t get on the Beta because the only Australian Beta server was at a constant 0 players.

The problem being the number of players that frequent the forum versus the total number of players. Or maybe people just don’t care enough to try the Betas, I don’t know. It just doesn’t feel right that TBS cops so much when the players have the power to make change before patches are released, ideally.

• @Junanagou:

@Pan:

Absolutely no disrespect to casual players at all, but I would be seriously interested in a comprehensive review (not necessarily some shitty poll) of how high-level (not necessarily clannies or competitive players but high-level) players feel about this patch.

“No disrespect to casual players” but you low tier brats can shut up and drown, right ?! TB made mistakes with this patch but discrimination of high-level players kills the game even faster !

All I expressed was an interest in an overview of the opinions of high level players. I sincerely meant no disrespect to casual players. I don’t know how I could have worded that differently… :?

Am I allowed to be curious of the opinions of high level players without insulting casual players? I think so.

• Don’t get me wrong, I love TB and I love this game. I think my 1000 hours should attest to that. However, this patch has honestly ruined this game a bit for me. It feels like they took all of the control out of player’s hands with all of these feint restrictions.

• @Mailbot:

@Sidewinder:

I don’t see what that has to do with them releasing a bad patch?
    Thats like me sending a letter to a guy a week before I shoot him in the foot and being like “Well, I gave you plenty of warning”.

Did you not see me quote the person I was responding to? That’s typically what you do when you want to respond directly to that person. I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that I was saying anything about releasing a bad patch but okay, i’ll play.

Your analogy….LOL…if someone sent me a letter saying they were going to shoot me in the foot I’d call the police, show them the letter, and they’d have him locked up within a couple of hours. Anyone who was surprised by these changes, whether they think them good or bad, has only themselves to blame for not knowing about them sooner. As I said TB has been more than forthcoming in regards to appraising its players on the progress being made on the Beta.

• All the people I have talked to in AUS servers, including me, hate the patch. I play maa, so I was hit especially hard by the massive unnecessary nerf, but even clannies who main as knight feel the same way about the patch. Maybe TBS should learn from Microsoft and revert all these changes, because I and some other people I have spoken with aren’t going to be playing Chivalry Medieval Warfare in the state that it’s in.

@Sidewinder:

Your analogy….LOL…if someone sent me a letter saying they were going to shoot me in the foot I’d call the police, show them the letter, and they’d have him locked up within a couple of hours. Anyone who was surprised by these changes, whether they think them good or bad, has only themselves to blame for not knowing about them sooner. As I said TB has been more than forthcoming in regards to appraising its players on the progress being made on the Beta.

Problem is you can’t call the police on TBS for threatening to bring out a patch you don’t like. Since I learned about the patch I have been arguing against it in the forums, but that’s all I could have done.

• RIP MAA - 6/25/13

You took the class already played the least and killed it, dead. The whiners whined and got their way as usual. All servers are now a flood of knights/vanguards/archers, which was the intended goal I assume. Each patch you took a little away from this wonderful game, I’ll miss you Chivalry.

• @wyrda78:

Problem is you can’t call the police on TBS for threatening to bring out a patch you don’t like. Since I learned about the patch I have been arguing against it in the forums, but that’s all I could have done.

Hey, I didn’t make the stupid analogy, I just responded to it.

• Unfortunately, I agree with this thread… game play is incredibly clunky now, and a lot less fun. Good thing I have archery still…